1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you think about the relegion Islam(specialy non-muslims)

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Aqeel Qureshi, Aug 15, 2009.

hi guys...

I am just wondering about the ideas of non-muslims regarding the relegion islam....I my self is a muslim and have strong belief on my relegion...please specially non muslims post your opinions in this thread.... than we will discuss it later on in this thread...

Aqeel Qureshi, Aug 15, 2009 IP
  2. matttiya88

matttiya88 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    matttiya88, Aug 15, 2009 IP
  3. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i think its an inherently violent, oppressive cult which subjugates women and abuses children and it's intent on dragging us all back to the dark ages.

stOx, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  4. plutoegg

plutoegg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    NO! That is prejudiced and ignorant. Dont let the views of a few cloud your opinion. I have great respect for islam, although I am not a follower. People have the right to follow which ever religion they wish.

plutoegg, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  5. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah people can poison their mind in whatever way they like, i can also have an opinion about it.

Would you like me to give you examples of people doing the things i accused them of in the name of islam? Or would you rather carry on burying your head in the sand and "respecting" a religion solely on the grounds that it's a religion without actually looking at what their book teaches them and what it's follows do in the name of it?

stOx, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  6. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    To tell you the truth, I didn't think about Islam.

bogart, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  7. plutoegg

Best Answers:
    Of course there are examples you can give of things that have been done in the name of islam... but these are a few. Equally I can give evil things that have been done in the name of christianity and in every other religion on earth. For example, just picking two out of many, the holocaust and the holy crusades.

Horrible things have been done in the name of every kind of major movement in the history of the world. If something is completely contrary to the teaching of the leader of a movement that does not prove that the movement is evil - it proves that those who commit the crimes either don't understand the movement or are crassly using it for their own purposes.

8. ChaosTrivia

ChaosTrivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    True. However, not just the mere occurrence but also the ratio and how wide-spread it is, play a role. Don't you think?

A) The Holocaust was not in the name of Christianity, under no circumstances! Simply rubbish!
    B) The crusades took place something like.... 800 years ago? The suicide bombers explode in the 21th century.

And what if something evil is exactly as the teaching of the leader of the movement? the Quran is the only "holy" book which is filled with verses that mention other religions and non-religious people. Guess what, not with many words of praise in the good case, and a "call to action" in the worst case. A nice collection of Quran gemstones

I like this one:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
    ChaosTrivia, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  9. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The holocaust wasn't done in the name of christianity, but christianity has had it's fair share of violence. Is it a competition though? Is the violence done in the name of islam off-set against the violence done in the name of other religion?

But the violence and oppression done in the name of islam is done specifically because it's taught in the religion. Have you actually read the quran, or are you just being sickeningly politically correct? it's one of the most barbaric pieces of fiction ever made up.

Do you respect people who think gays should be executed?
    Do you respect people who think if a woman is unfaithful she should be buried up to her neck and have her skull smashed in with rocks?
    No? then you can't respect islam.

stOx, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  10. plutoegg

Best Answers:
    Ok...so the Holocaust was committed by Christians against another religion (Jews) because they had a different religion.

The Bible mentions the Pagan Philistines who they had to fight against, for example when David and his army were fighting against them...

11. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No it was commited by a racist fascist who hated jews, he just happened to be a christian.

Incidentally the waffen SS, the nazi group made up of non Germans, had a considerable contingent made up of just muslims lead by the grand mufti. add that to the questionable list of beliefs you claim to "respect".

stOx, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  12. ChaosTrivia

Best Answers:
    Not in the name of Christianity, but rather in the name of the supremacy of the arian German race. There is a huge difference and you are doing a big injustice to Christianity (and I'm really not a fan of Christianity). Hitler did not think twice before he put priests in the concentration camps, one of which was a minister who tried to assassinate him.

yea maybe. whatever. This is related to my "big picture" argument, but it does not disprove it.
    Its not about "if it exists", its about "to what extent it exists". Check out the randomly googled reference I gave in the previous post: 527 occurrences. most, unlike the story of the jewish bible, are not related with a specific event, but are a universal rule of god which relates to the believers of other religions/non-believers. This is the difference.

13. plutoegg

Best Answers:
    ISLAM ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!!! P.S. I am quite suprised to see that stOx is from the UK, I thought from your arguements that you must be from texas or something...

14. ChaosTrivia

Best Answers:
    See Stox my man? after all the bother we put ourselves through to try and speak words of sense to this man? (and screw "politically correct")
    This is the best thing he could think of to say after we pushed him to a dead-end corner....

15. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thats what i love about these people. it takes less than one page for them to completely give up the charade. He had nowhere to go, and he gave up.

stOx, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  16. plutoegg

Best Answers:
    no...its just that some people dont want to accept anything other than their own point of view. You are basing your presumtions on the actions of a few. You cant say that all muslims are inherantly evil and violent. That is completely ridiculous and no more true than saying all christians are inherantly evil and violent. That is all I am trying to say.

17. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nobody said all muslims are inherently violent. I said islam, as an ideology, is inherent violent and oppressive. We are just fortunate that most muslims don't live by the quran, because if they did, youd have a hard time staying alive and keeping your head on your shoulders.

stOx, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  18. plutoegg

Best Answers:
    The Quran does not tell people to be violent and oppressive, it is simply some people who interpret it wrongly, not as it was meant to be interpreted. I dont think that regular muslims who dont go around killing people of other religions would take it very kindly when you tell them they dont follow the quran properly. Muslims are very devout and pray several times every day. Islam is a very community based religion which encourages people to help each other. It is for this reason I respect it.

19. ChaosTrivia

Best Answers:
    I'm having hard time to answer this.
    If you were me, which of the two options would you choose:

A) True. But even 0.001% - are too much, because every person in the free world is affected by them on daily basis, in comparison with 0.000000001% in other religions. This is what I'm talking about. For every 1,000 people that you would define as "terrorists" today, 999 are muslim. I say: Ratios is the name of the game.

B) The rest 99.99% do not engage in violence. But do not educate against it. They silently support and accept it. I starts with physical and mental violence towards the women in their society, and ends with terrible things like this:
    Official national TV channel of Saudi arabia, children show. This video, and millions alike, is what I'm talking about. This is the national TV, do you grasp what you just saw? And please don't say that you can find parallel ones in non-muslim countries. This is what I'm talking about. more videos for you to "respect" (not edited and in context, just translated!)

not more than other religions, and not even close to Judaism, I don't know about Christianity but it should be the same.
    Of course a religion will encourage people to help each other! otherwise, it can not exist!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  20. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i take it you havent read the quran then and are just buying into the pitiful excuses muslims give for the abhorent behavior of their brothers.

stOx, Aug 16, 2009 IP