1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you think about pakistani peoples and pakistan?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by future, May 31, 2007.

hi
    i want to know what do you think about Pakistanis and Pakistan
    anyone know about general pervaiz musharraf?
    what do you think about it???
    be general and don't attack on religion, just peoples.:)
    about cricket, politics etc or any of your view about pakistan

future, May 31, 2007 IP
  2. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    All of the Pakistani's I've met and worked with have been great people.

None of them have ever set a KFC on fire. :cool:

President Musharraf has what may be the most difficult job on the entire planet. Knowing that, it is difficult to me to criticize him at all. He may not be perfect, but who is? Just not screwing up completely is an incredible achievement in his role.

Will.Spencer, May 31, 2007 IP
  3. future

future Banned

Best Answers:
    Well Spencer thanks for nice comment but i am surprised the other member did not contributed there thought, come on guys i want to know your thoughts about pakistan.
    currently we have bad political situation and pervaiz musharraf is facing several opposition, we lost the world cup badly, boom blast and killing every day and mush more to come as election in 2008, so what do you want to know?
    thanks

future, Jun 1, 2007 IP
  4. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    What I want to know is: What are you going to do to stop the Islamists from killing people every day?

Will.Spencer, Jun 1, 2007 IP
  5. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    boo hoo....you lost the world cup. Big deal. Soccer has nothing to do with politics.

d16man, Jun 1, 2007 IP
  6. TechEvangelist

TechEvangelist Guest

Best Answers:
    That's the most difficult question of them all. They are hard to stop because it is what they like to do.

The Islamic radicals will probably assassinate President Musharraf long before he can get them under control.

TechEvangelist, Jun 1, 2007 IP
  7. future

future Banned

Best Answers:
    come on friend, pakistan has nothing to do with soccer, pakistanis lost cricket world cup:) and as far as islamist are concern, there are very few islamist in pakistan, may be less then 1%...

future, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  8. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Some photos I have seen of Pakistan look very nice, but I would be afraid to go there. I read this on a site about travelling in Pakistan here,

"Pakistan has a very volitile, wild feel to it. There are many lawless parts and much corruption, violence etc. Guns are a normal sight on the streets and most people own them. It can be very intimidating for men and women, but worse for women. As a woman, I would not recommend you travel in Pakistan on your own. You will attract a lot of attention as generally, you see very few women out in the streets. As a western woman, you may be seen as someone with 'loose morals' and expect to be touched and grabbed. I stayed veiled in Pakistan, but still had unwanted attention. Just be careful, and never let anyone become over friendly with you. Pakistani people are very friendly though, and if you are with a 'partner', they will be very respectful and go out of their way to help you. Sorry to give you a horror story, but a friend of mine was befriended by a Pakistani man in islamabad, who showed him round the city all day, then drugged him through some tea and robbed him !! Please don't be put off Pakistan though, just be wary. Don't accept drinks from people on buses or trains, as this drugging thing has happened on them aswell !! Don't let anyone into your hotel room, they may try and plant drugs on you. The police are also corrupt and have tried in the past, to obtain money from travellers by planting drugs, this way you pay the 'backsheesh' (bribe) to get out of trouble (even though you didn't have drugs on you). If this does happen to you, pay the backsheesh and get out of there quickly, you don't want to even get as far as the police station. !! However, after all the negativity above don't get too paranoid, just be sensible and wary and you'll be fine, Pakistan really is a rewarding place to visit. "

Rebecca, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  9. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd say that Pakistan(is) could do more for itself and others since it is a very beautiful country.
    Unfortunately, the terror export from Pakistan blurs the picture of Pakistan a lot. I think that more people need to stand up against this threat there.

Arnie, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  10. NoobieDoobieDo

NoobieDoobieDo Peon

Best Answers:
    From what I've heard Pakistanis are humans like the rest of us. And I imagine Pakistan is fairly similar to other countries in the world but with a little bit different culture.

;)

NoobieDoobieDo, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  11. vinodis

vinodis Peon

Best Answers:
    Would be really happy if Pak rejoined Indian Union.

vinodis, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  12. rubia126

rubia126 Peon

Best Answers:
    hi thr

am a newbie here in this forum hmm manay view few are wrong few are unacceptable

firsat thing abt islam ... extremism, terrorism, killing people is not islam's teaching...i request all of u if u dont know any thing abt any relegion plz do not make any statement regardind that.. terrorism is the teaching of inner devil of a person who act only for the benefit of his own.. if u study after 9/11 till now the most people died in wars and all were muslims...

NOw Abt Pakistan... pakistan have a misperception cause its an islamic country and as we all know that islam perceived as a relegion of terrorism in whole world which is absolutely wrong... if u study abt pakistan then u will come to knew that pakistan it self affected by terrorism...sudden attack of sucide bombing kill many innocent people in usuall life thr... www.pakistanshining.com also could be the lender of ur informtaion

my question is if all the muslims are terrorism them y they are killing muslims of pakistan and all over the world???? they should kill people of other relegion

rubia126, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  13. anthonyn

anthonyn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When I was in Saudi Arabia, I had a Pakistani friend.We use to intereact with each other as friends of ages.All I can say is that I could see Pakistan people through that one Pakistani friend with whom I use interact with.

anthonyn, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  14. Sherlock

Sherlock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Pakistanis are GR8 people. i have many pakistani friends and all are very nice!

Sherlock, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  15. future

future Banned

Best Answers:
    WOW, so far all possitive, thanks Guys.
    the reason i started this thread was that i was thinking that people think about pakistanis as TERRORIST as a whole but now i realise that its not true.
    So any DP friend want to visit pakistan , Please cosider me as a host :)
    BE MY GUEST...:)

future, Jun 8, 2007 IP
  16. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    I like those long Pakistani shirts/tunics. They're called kameez right?

Kerosene, Jun 8, 2007 IP
  17. future

future Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes you 100% right:)
    BTW: where do you learned that?

future, Jun 8, 2007 IP
  18. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    I think more westerners should start wearing cool clothes like that. I'm sure it would attract attention from various dopey authorities :rolleyes:

"Suspect appears to be a man of middle eastern appearance. Errr, correction on that..."

Interweb! (wikipedia)

Kerosene, Jun 8, 2007 IP
  19. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have bad thoughts about them.
    They use to come to western countries to work.
    They do "unnoticiable illegal commercial activities" in my country. Stuff that I couldn't do myself in my own country.
    It was bad enough for me to immigrate elsewhere...:(

Codythebest, Jun 8, 2007 IP
  20. suitsme

suitsme Peon

Best Answers:
    How do you treat your women? Do they have equal rights? Are they allowed to work, vote or drive a car? Is beating your wife against the law?

suitsme, Jun 8, 2007 IP