1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you think about MariaDB

Discussion in 'Databases' started by UDarkness, Mar 31, 2011.

I recently read about MariaDB, that is a free alternative of mysql, totally compatible.
    but i think that it is so new.
    What do you think about this new option??
    they say that mariadb is better, and its the same creator

UDarkness, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  2. cPAce

cPAce Peon

Best Answers:
    Its alright, but it is not entirely compatible with all systems as it claims. But, I would recommend checking it out tho.

cPAce, Apr 2, 2011 IP
  3. devonblzx

devonblzx Peon

Best Answers:
    kb.askmonty.org/v/mariadb-versus-mysql

Shows some of the points. What are you going to use it for? I probably wouldn't jump to it for production use or anything. What problems have you had with mysql?

devonblzx, Apr 2, 2011 IP
  4. cPAce

cPAce Peon

Best Answers:
    Support. Use this only for testing and what not. Dont go launching any projects off of this.

cPAce, Apr 2, 2011 IP
  5. BeerJacket

BeerJacket Active Member

Best Answers:
    Stick with MySQL, the masses use it, don't make your life harder unless this makes it easier.

BeerJacket, Apr 2, 2011 IP
  6. GlacialGaming

GlacialGaming Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't see the need to use MariaDB if we already have mySQL , It's like opening a hamburger restaurant next to a Mc Donalds.

GlacialGaming, Apr 5, 2011 IP
  7. rising_sun

rising_sun Peon

Best Answers:
    MariaDB is a community-developed branch of the MySQL database, the impetus being the community maintenance of its free status under GPL, as opposed to any uncertainty of MySQL license status under its current ownership by Oracle.

rising_sun, Dec 24, 2011 IP
  8. Mithuasha

Mithuasha Banned

Best Answers:
    MariaDB is based on MySQL and is available under the terms of the GPL v2 license.It's developed by the MariaDB community with Monty Program Ab as its main steward.MariaDB is kept up to date with the latest MySQL release from the same branch.
    In most respects MariaDB will work exactly as MySQL: all commands, interfaces, libraries and APIs that exist in MySQL also exist in MariaDB. There is no need to convert databases to switch to MariaDB. MariaDB is a true drop in replacement of MySQL! Additionally, MariaDB has a lot of nice new features that you can take advantage of.

Mithuasha, Dec 31, 2011 IP