1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you think about chinese mp3 players and cellphones?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Rogerdevil08, Feb 1, 2008.

1. caj

caj Active Member

Best Answers:
    Remember the early 1980s when Japanese producing Sony, Toshiba, Panasonic etc. People often have the impression that all Japanese made products are of less superior than those made in Europe or America. I have a friend who studied in America and bought a Dell Laptop before leaving for his home country - Malaysia. Once home he discovered that his laptop was actually assembled in Malaysia - and cost almost half the price he had paid for it in the states!

Similarly, Chinese products will have to go through the same period of skepticism before they are being accepted as good of reasonable quality. I remember seeing an ads of Chinese car being hammered by a Sumo like figure using big hammer - just to show how strong the car is. But do people buy a car that can withstand that kind of hammering? Nope - it's the overall package - strong body, fuel efficient, attractive design, reliable.

caj, Feb 2, 2008 IP
  2. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thing is a ton of electricals are manufactured in china, so the cool japanese gadgets and phones and stuff in other countries are still assembled in china, just some companies will package theirs more fancy and possibly use slightly more costly components but some of the same factories will be putting together the cheap stuff and the top of the range stuff.

If items are cheaper anyway then its fine if it lasts not so long, most people i know including my family basically say if something lasts for so and so years then they did well for the price, my dad thinks if he gets a years use out of something that hes done well.

pipes, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  3. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    If you want to use them for long time then chinese items are useless. I have tried few of them :rolleyes:

DON.

deluxdon, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  4. YouTubeDude

YouTubeDude Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, the brand is in the name...: Chinese... dont expect too much

YouTubeDude, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  5. MOG

MOG Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yeah, regarding the chinese iphones, the ones to get are the DESAY m888 or the CECT P168. I have tried both alongside the apple original and here is my mini review:

Chinese Iphones:
    slightly (VERY SLIGHTLY) thicker than the genuine article, not much maybe 2mm top. Thats not enough size difference to make any diff to me.
    User Interface: "almost" identical, both miss the automatic orientation detection of the real thing - other than that fairly similar.
    Screen Resolution: The apple iphone's screen is probably the finest example of an LCD that has ever been made, its truly incredible, while neither the CECT or the DESAY are quite as good they are both still great screens, particularly the DESAY which is more "vibrant".
    Features: BOTH OF THEM HAVE BETTER FEATURES THAN THE IPHONE!! ie. two sim cards (good for me as I live in two countries) interchangeable batteries, better camera, memory expansion slot (SD), more speakers, and so on.

My Overall Findings:

Both the chinese iphones I have tried are not 100% as good as the iphone, but are at least 90% as good. Now when you factor in that they cost about 30% as much in Europe, AND dont tie you into a contract that is around $70 per month, well I think they are a much better buy than the real thing.

Why I never bought one? That niggling worry that it would break down after a month and be a waste of money, whether that fear is warranted I dont know.

MOG, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  6. mgrohan

mgrohan Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are so many manufacturers in China. Some good and some terrible. Without any knowledge of this i would not buy, as it would be luck to see if you got something good or not.

You need to check Chinese forums or ask any Chinese friends what the good Chinese brands with good reputations are.

Some of them, feature-wise are very very good. But i do not think the price difference is that huge, so i always go for the int'l brands.

mgrohan, Feb 5, 2008 IP
  7. Nancy37

Nancy37 Guest

Best Answers:
    This is just a coincidence, i am new to this forum and i am at right position to answer this . I ordered first in Chinavasion only, but i dint receive any response, waited then went and reordered the Mp4 Players from Chinabuye, its an online store from China and was suggesting my brother to get that. This is awesome, i enjoy the audio clarity and pics, movies clarity is extraordinary, worth for money!. I am from India, they shipped me with free cost and no MOQ limit too. Good reliability and i feel its a best one am gonna gift to my cousin.

Nancy37, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  8. Joatmon

Joatmon Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of the Chinese goods are significantly lesser quality but if you find a decent supplier then they should offer warranty for them. This makes some products viable for using them or over a long period of time.

Usually, if you have to return the item for repair then this incurs a cost to you for the postage between you and the supplier. However the cost of the item originally as well as all the costs for the postage over the period of warranty is nearly always cheaper than buying a non-Chinese branded alternative.

Joatmon, Feb 12, 2011 IP
  9. Steve Marino

Steve Marino Peon

Best Answers:
    If you buy quality products from quality manufacturers, you should have no problems. If you buy cheap junk, you get what you pay for.

Steve Marino, Feb 12, 2011 IP
  10. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    theyre cheap.. they can last long if you use it with care

etc, Feb 12, 2011 IP
  11. netbooknb

netbooknb Peon

Best Answers:
    It's very cheap I think

netbooknb, Feb 12, 2011 IP
  12. alodia

alodia Peon

Best Answers:
    I have no idea about it, haven't tried any of that.

alodia, Feb 13, 2011 IP