1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you suggest as a good server to run big site

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by algerianoo, Sep 1, 2017.

i want to run big site for earn money on short links with 50 k members and 5 k alexa ranking
    What do you suggest as a good server And what is best hosting that offer a good dedicated server

algerianoo, Sep 1, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Google Cloud
    and you get the first $300 free

sarahk, Sep 1, 2017 IP
  3. krampus

krampus Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on what you need to do with your business. Everything depends. Are you going to have a payment gateway on your website? Does it need to be PCI DSS compliant? Do you need to have good e-mail server?
    Your question is like somebody can ask: "What is the best car?".
    I would suggest that you start with something and then take measurements of everything - visitors, your application on web, hardware...everything, and then by those conclusions, you start to see what kind of "structure" (not one device, or server) is the best for you.
    I really wish you all the best in this!

krampus, Sep 5, 2017 IP
  4. algerianoo

algerianoo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @krampus
    Hello thank you for your reply , what you think about ovh and google cloud ?

algerianoo, Sep 5, 2017 IP
  5. q7m

q7m Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have few "droplets" at DigitalOcean and they run just great. They don't offer any kind of control panel, so I have installed VestaCP that is a great alternative to cPanel and it is free and easy to install and to use. The good part of cloud hosting compared to dedicated servers is that you can easily increase/decrease the server size as needed, without having to move the site from one server to another. Good luck!

q7m, Sep 12, 2017 IP
  6. krampus

krampus Active Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't been using neither OVH nor Google Cloud, so I can not tell you about those services. Maybe it is good to see what comments their users have left on various services (Facebook, Youtube, some other forums, etc).
    Making good business on web is not easy task. And it requires lot of time and nerves (and money also).
    I'm using right now Justhost web hosting and I think they have a good support, and good service, but not for some serious business but they are very good for small and medium business that don't require big attention of support on servers. They have a managed support and are willing to help in start of your configuration of your one or more servers. So my suggestion is that you start with them (based on my experience). Later you will see how you are standing and if you want you can change it for something different.

krampus, Sep 20, 2017 IP
  7. krampus

krampus Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would also reccomend to look for one hosting provider, and that is Hetzner (https://www.hetzner.de/). They don't have managed support, and you will need to have somebody as system administrator or Linux expert to give you a help in configuration (easily found on sites like Upwork), and when you look what they offer regarding servers and other things - I would say they are very good point to start with them.

krampus, Sep 20, 2017 IP
  8. polusweb

polusweb Peon

Best Answers:
    It's easy to find a good server, but in your case, it makes sense to look for a managed server and before buying to clarify whether they have support for projects with high load. If the server is not well configured for high load, then even the most powerful server does not guarantee reliable operation. OVH offers good options, but they react slowly when problems arise. Clouds like digital ocean and Amazon are reliable, but at high load, they are very expensive.

polusweb, Sep 20, 2017 IP