1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you look for in a SEO company?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by msultani, Aug 1, 2014.

Please remember this is my personal opinion, and this is the way I approach business and does not mean that I am picking on anyone or any companies.

I am looking for a SEO Company that is reputable and has a solid record. I don't look for companies that basically rank for one keyword that is in the domain and brag about it. For example my is redshoes.com and my keyword is red shoes. If I get a SEO and they rank me for red shoes on first page of google, we know that this was going to happen without any SEO, because the keyword is already in my domain.
    Second I look into the SEO company's own website to see how they are and how they rank against their competitor. What have they done for their own site. My philosophy is if they are at the bottom of the food chain, how can they help me, when they can't help themselves. Obviously when a market becomes profitable, everyone tries to get a piece of the pie.

1. So now my question, what do you guys look for when you want to get a SEO company?
    2. What is your budget initially for SEO?
    3. Do you set the budget month to month or one shot payment?
    4. What are the top 5 companies to hire for SEO?
    5. The time that you will see some results from them?

msultani, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  2. John14

John14 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes you can check the company's previous work

John14, Aug 4, 2014 IP
  3. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Before choosing any SEO company try and get all transparent (Seo coaching, explanations, reports, rank reports, analysis). Very important to see the level of any SEO. More you understand the process, more you will fell comfortable spending time with them.

1. First you can look at how smooth all above things are done. A good SEO person will always try to make a liaison for the first time. At least this is very important for me. Feedbacks, past experience and updates to Google's policies are a must also.
    2. This depends. You can either start with $50 or start with $500. It all depends what custom package you will get from your SEO and what keywords you will have to rank. Competition level is very important. Being in a difficult industry will delay your plans you need to understand that. 3
    3. Payment can be done by fix payment + commission or payment by results. The best is to stimulate both sides.
    4. You can check on Google for topseos.com. You have here listed pretty much the winning companies, but also spicy!
    5. Some companies just like to delay, others to offer results. Personally I ranked a client's page in 24h on top 10! All white hat and all with a powerful landing page.

Sincerely,
    Matt:)

Matei Gavriluta, Aug 4, 2014 IP
  4. Vitarank

Vitarank Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. Look for an SEO company that has proven their service to rank in search engines in different niche, or a niche related to your site. It's better if they can give you sample reports or proposals.

2. There are SEO packages that offer services on monthly subscription and some are one time service. I would suggest you to take the monthly subscription because it will rank your site in a way that is natural in the eyes of google and having a monthly subscription helps you to maintain your rankings and continous improvement on authority of your site.

3. Budget depends on what you'll be needing or what you want to have on the site. You can come up with custom packages by negotiating on SEO companies or usually, they already have packages that will fit your needs and fit to your site as well.

Vitarank, Aug 9, 2014 IP
  5. ishrar

ishrar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Company must be registered and providing works related your technical skill.

ishrar, Aug 10, 2014 IP
  6. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Check out the list of clients the companies has. Whether they have been successful or not. Check if the company has any bad reviews and whether they have resolved them or not.

rankwatch.com, Sep 9, 2014 IP
  7. maddenitrous

maddenitrous Member

Best Answers:
    So now my question, what do you guys look for when you want to get a SEO company?
    Honesty and quality.

What is your budget initially for SEO?

Depends on what work is involved and what they will provide.

Do you set the budget month to month or one shot payment?

You should set it in a monthly basis.

The time that you will see some results from them?
    I would expect results to start showing in 2 to 3 months.

maddenitrous, Sep 12, 2014 IP