1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do companies look for in an Ad Campaign?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by clogon, May 29, 2008.

Basic question but looking to build our advertising market at HighlightSports.com. We do professional video and photography services at cheer, dance and sporting events all over the western United States.

We've worked with Sponsors like Capezio and NuSkin but want to expand our sponsorship sales team and provide the best advertising packages to our clients.

Let me know about good articles to read, videos, or your feedback.

This is what we do in a nut shell:

Video Highlights

clogon, May 29, 2008 IP
  2. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Why not just ask potential advertisers what they want?

Perry Rose, May 29, 2008 IP
  3. clogon

clogon Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Perry. As a new advertising salesman, I'm not exactly sure what to ask to be honest. I don't want to leave money on the table or be so high that I scare small to medium sized businesses away.

clogon, May 29, 2008 IP
  4. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    No matter what you do, you are always going to leave money on the table, and you are always going to turn off potential advertisers.

How's that old saying go? You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

You have worked with Capezio and NuSkin, so why not just repeat what you did when you approached them with other webmasters?

What are your rates, and your site(s)?

Remember, no matter what you do, you are always going to leave money on the table, and you are always going to turn off potential advertisers, so the best you can do is to make sure your rates are competitive, you have a rate that you will not go below, have a nice site, have all kinds of packages they can choose from (monthly rates, impression rates, per click rates, all kinds of different size ads....), and look for those advertisers.

As an advertiser, for me, personally, if I don't like what I see in their package, I'll send them a counter offer.

Perry Rose, May 29, 2008 IP
  5. Darkness

Darkness Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you have any competition? What are they doing that looks good for potential customers? Can I do that too?

Darkness, May 29, 2008 IP
  6. clogon

clogon Member

Best Answers:
    not sure i understand the last comment - are those questions to ask potential sponsors or questions you have about our sponsorship options?

clogon, May 29, 2008 IP