1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what directory program / portal to use ?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by vagrant, Jun 2, 2004.

what directory program / portal to use ?

i would like to run a directoty / portal porgram / site for a specilised topic...

the idea is NOT to make money at all, no way, but just to help the people wanting the info ( and sites that provide it ) easier to find. The topic on searches usually brings up p~rn sites more than what they are looking for...

i have tried 2 test sites
    (sorry not sure how to make them readable but not linkable )

www.asis.x5g.com/ site 1 using gossamer threads

www.asisp.org/modules/mylinks/ site 2 using E-Xoops

the second one google does not like at, all but yahoo does
    the first one shows well with google but not yahoo or any others.

I KNOW i need to give may be another 2 google updates to work things out ( both have been there for 4+ months ), and it does NOT help that site 2 was moving servers last update but 1 so could not be spidered.. .... but if the way e-xoops works will never work i need another option *sigh*

it is not about me making money, it is about me finding something free that will do the job i need and will work.

vagrant, Jun 2, 2004 IP
  2. rfuess

rfuess Guest

Best Answers:
    Perhaps you should keep them both. (More maintenance, but you can optimize each one for its nitch.)

One for Google, and one for Yahoo. Cross link them.

Robert Fuess
    Spiderweb Logic

rfuess, Jun 14, 2004 IP
  3. mddv

mddv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am using mambo os for my webmaster's site Webmaster Global www.webmasterglobal.com. It is a great portal software with lots of mods available like intergreated forums. Here is the site that developed Mambo os www.mamboserver.com and here is a site that has heaps of cool mods and templates for your site www.mamboportal.com

Hope you like mambo

mddv, Jun 30, 2004 IP
  4. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    mddv, your first site is work in progress (I hate seeing sites like that, puts me off!) so haven't yet checked your others...

misohoni, Jun 30, 2004 IP