1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What determines bids price?

Discussion in 'Payments' started by lzr, Oct 21, 2005.

I understand Google runs a kind of auction for AdWords advertisers- higher bidders get displayed.

Anyone has more details on how exactly does it work?
    Does it mean that the less AdSense ads I put on my page the more I earn per click because there would be less lower bidders?

lzr, Oct 21, 2005 IP
  2. kams7ue

kams7ue Peon

Best Answers:
    Bidding normally is not for the site but is based for the keyword. So putting less ad on your site won't help.

kams7ue, Oct 25, 2005 IP
  3. forumbulge

forumbulge Guest

Best Answers:
    They usually put the highest paying ads on your first ad block, and it spirals down from there.

forumbulge, Oct 26, 2005 IP
  4. Des

Des Peon

Best Answers:
    On my website they had the most relevant ad first not the most paying ad... Which was to bad because when I only showed one ad on the page it paid only low $ 0,0x, with 2 textads per page I had $ 1,00+ clicks :S

Des, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  5. Bryan

Bryan Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on clicks and CTR...google will put the ad that will make the most money for you and them.

For example.

Ad 1 - $1 per click, 1% CTR
    Ad 2 - $0.5 per click, 3% CTR

Ad 2 will get shown ahead of Ad 1, even with a lower CPC, it has a higher CTR.

I suggest you sign up for Adwords and experiment around with a low budget campaign to understand exactly how it works.

Bryan, Oct 27, 2005 IP