1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Changes will Marissa Mayer do in Yahoo

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by metalarch, Jul 30, 2012.

metalarch, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  2. jchan24

jchan24 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been thinking about Yahoo's problems for a while. There have been other product-focused CEO's there but for some reason were never able to turn it around. I thought that Ross's media savy was a good strategy to at least make Yahoo a cool media destination, even if the profit margins are thinner.

I think the key for Marissa is to develop profitable business products. Google was only really profitable with the "search function" but I think its cloud products may compete better in a few years.

I think Marissa will focus on profiting from email, news, finance, and sports. she'll also need to improve mobile products. As difficult as it is, Marrissa may need to acquire new profitable startups in order to re-make the image of Yahoo. I see Yahoo as a mature company, that can only regain its competitive edge by becoming a conglomerate of other profitable websites.

The Portal homepage business is not very profitable in its current incarnation. Maybe Yahoo just needs a white homepage with search bar?

I also suspect Yahoo will focus on Local offerings, since Marrissa was working in that Dept last at google.

jchan24, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  3. parker1234

parker1234 Peon

Best Answers:
    She will apply her vast experience and make yahoo still better.

parker1234, Jul 31, 2012 IP
  4. metalarch

metalarch Active Member

Best Answers:
    @jchan24 you are right. But she will not be looking to compete with google in search and that,s for sure

metalarch, Jul 31, 2012 IP
  5. rubeljoy

rubeljoy Peon

Best Answers:
    She has a box of experience, and also has experience from Google. So, surely she can do a lot for Yahoo to regain it's competitive position in internet world.

rubeljoy, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  6. Digital_lover

Digital_lover Member

Best Answers:
    Marrissa mayor has a lot of experience in Yahoo as well as Google. So, she can do a lot for Yahoo I think.

Digital_lover, Sep 15, 2012 IP