1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What can you suggest to stop terror?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Arnie, Jul 22, 2005.

?

How should the world community deal with the Iranian NBomb threat

Poll closed May 22, 2006.
  1. Tough (in negotiations)

4 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. Tougher (sanctions)

5 vote(s)
    6.6%
  3. Toughest (even to war)

19 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Other Muslim states must go against Iranians attempt too

6 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. All of the above

23 vote(s)
    30.3%
  6. Tolerance

15 vote(s)
    19.7%
  7. Have to stock pampers first before I vote

4 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Sorry, you are incorrect in your misconception of reality. The US did not start a war, the US did not get involved in Iraq over oil. The US as is our mandate since 9/11 went on the offensive, and removed a dictator from power that refused to follow resolution after resolution imposed on him by the UN over a period of nearly 14 years.

Bush is not a "oil man", Bush does not own an oil company, this is not about oil. If it where we would all be paying 10 cents a gallon for gas and there would be no more middle east or rich arabs. That's not the case though is it. Because the war is not about oil. Get a grip. What good does it do to distort reality over and over again? Say it enough, I suppose even you will begin to believe it.

It has? Very observant.
    Correct.

What interest in oil does President Bush have? For Christ Sake! Someone please tell me so we can put an end to this stupidity. He owned stock in Harken a LONG time ago. Oil, friends, Saudis. I'm sick of it. I swear when liberals get together they hang out in the basement with a box of napkins and their favorite Mikey Moore films, then spend the next several days pumped on a reality distored cosmic high speaking in tounges.

Yes, the goal of the US and our government is to screw our own people and make arabs rich. Yep, that's right, everyone in the US (close to it anyway) voted for Bush not once but twice in an all out effort to make the Saudis and the Bush's rich. Yep, that's what its all about.

jer footnote <further proving that drugs are bad>

Yep, its all about making oil companies rich here in America. That is what us Republicans have been up to all along. That is why I am so friggin happy that I spent 10 bucks to fill up my V-Rod today!

You know who is making the money? A small group of people currently watering sand. That and the local/state goverments with the horrendous tax we have on gas. All I can say is Wisconsin roads should be paved with Gold by this time next year if Doyle keeps sucking us dry.

Call me bitter. I agree, the high gas prices are going to hurt the president, and the party if something is not done. Because the appearance now is that it is his fault. Truth is gas was on the rise long before he took office, living to excess and off other peoples money was the norm of the previous admin, and we have had some pretty nasty times in the US in the last few years. 9/11, 4 Hurricanes in a row in Florida last year and now Katrina.

BTW, where the hell is the rest of the world right now in our time of need? That's a whole other thread.

Now that we know that all we want is to make arabs rich by raising gas prices and can we get back to how we stop terror?

Mia, Sep 1, 2005 IP
  2. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Jeremy, you answered him like he is serious... no wait, was he? -- arrgggh I thought that he was playing devils advocate throwing anything and everything into it like that. It was the liberals (anti-war crowd) saying the war was to lower the price of ail to make Bush look good, and now that it switched it is to make the saudis and texas oil men rich.

Oil is up - bad thing for everyone but the oil companies
    Oil is down - bad thing until it went over $50 according to the media

seems no one can make their minds - probably running on emotions, which causes people to make poor judgements

debunked, Sep 1, 2005 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I suppose.. Ah, I'm just in one of those rare moods today. I spent a couple hours finally taking time out to watch the news of the disaster in the south. It's got me bewildered and bothered on several fronts. That too is a whole other thread. I'm often torn at times with the bitching about gas and other problems in the world, meanwhile there are people with no homes to go to anymore, babies to feed and not even the simplest of things like diapers. It's really bothersome.

I've got too much on my plate right now, else I would be doing something to help. Right now all I can do is look at donating some equipment, or possibly going down there with a group of friends to help install a temporary communications infrastructure. I'm part of an organization that is working on doing that currently, assuming we get the go ahead.

I guess in the overall scheme of things hearing the same silly crap spewed out over and over again about Bush/Oil begins to pound on my nerves. Either way, I guess we have bigger problems than fuel oil at this time. I'm still wondering where all the support from the rest of the world is in OUR time of need. I've not seen donations from other countries. I've not seen anyone from Canada offering to send troops to help, nor the Axis of Nothingness doing a single thing to help out. It's ok for us to send money and help to Tsnami victums, but when we have a natural disaster here? Need I say more? Ironic given the French founded the soup bowl to begin with.

Anyway once I have more news on our organizations efforts for communications in the Katrina stricken areas I will post it on the forums. That is if anyone is interested.

Mia, Sep 1, 2005 IP
  4. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    I hear you loud and clear Jeremy. I've been following the news closely, since I work at home, but also very busy this week pounding out new sites in spare time from customer work. And it's had me thinking a lot as well.

I too have wondered where the help is? When natural disasters happen, the US is usually the first to step up to the plate and help out other countries with resources, personnel, logistics, money, donations, etc. Maybe I'm just not seeing our supposed "friends" step up to the plate. I did see where Chavez offered reduced cost oil. I won't put that down. Anything is better than nothing.

Yes, make another post when you are ready. I'm definitely interested in what you are doing and learning more.

GTech, Sep 1, 2005 IP
  5. debunked

Best Answers:
    Jeremy, make sure you let us know what you guys are doing, I hope you can help soon. Stay out of the snipers sights though.

debunked, Sep 1, 2005 IP
  6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Mia, Sep 1, 2005 IP
  7. JCDev

JCDev Peon

Best Answers:
    Economic aid - Donor (per $ GDP):

1. Denmark $0.93 per $100
    2. Netherlands $0.83 per $100
    3. Norway $0.76 per $100
    4. Sweden $0.66 per $100
    5. Luxembourg $0.53 per $100
    6. Switzerland $0.43 per $100
    7. Belgium $0.33 per $100
    8. France $0.31 per $100
    9. Finland $0.25 per $100
    10. Germany $0.23 per $100
    11. United Kingdom $0.23 per $100
    12. Ireland $0.22 per $100
    13. Japan $0.21 per $100
    14. Austria $0.20 per $100
    15. Canada $0.19 per $100
    16. Australia $0.14 per $100
    17. Portugal $0.14 per $100
    18. Spain $0.14 per $100
    19. New Zealand $0.10 per $100
    20. Italy $0.06 per $100
    21. United States $0.05 per $100
    22. Lesotho $0 per $100
    23. United Arab Emirates $0 per $100
    24. Saudi Arabia $0 per $100
    25. Korea, South $0 per $100

Think before you talk.

EDIT: http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/eco_eco_aid_don_gdp

JCDev, Sep 2, 2005 IP
  8. palespyder

palespyder Psycho Ninja

Best Answers:
    JCDev I don't mean to be an ass, but without some kind of link to where you acquired that information, it's just numbers to most people here, hell, I could easily say the US funds 1/4 of the Gross National Product of the UK, but, without proof of it I made that up.

palespyder, Sep 2, 2005 IP
  9. debunked

Best Answers:
    Like I said 96.4% of all statistics are made up.

:D

debunked, Sep 2, 2005 IP
  10. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I did not realizing I was talking. Here in the North we likes ta call it "typing". Of course I am informed by my youngest sibling it is now called "keyboarding". Ok, semantics out of the way.

I am not talking about "per capita" or "per gdp" which is what these stats refer to. I am talking in terms of actual dollars. There is a difference. It's all relative you know.

Think before you type.

or keyboard :)

Mia, Sep 2, 2005 IP
  11. Solicitors Mortgages

Solicitors Mortgages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    first you put
    then you put
    make YOUR mind up, are you talking or typing ??????

This thread is about terrorism, not wordplay.
    Bad Bad post MIA, well below your usual higher standard of adult debate.:D

;) ;)

Solicitors Mortgages, Sep 2, 2005 IP
  12. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    May I ask that you hold to the same standard you ask of me? To think before you talk (or communicate a message)?

Here is what I said:

Then you post a link with some stats. Great. Are you suggesting all these countries have stepped up to the plate, in the context of my post?

You might also be interested in this post I made this morning:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=26907&page=2

GTech, Sep 2, 2005 IP
  13. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Ah semantics. That was the point :)

Mia, Sep 2, 2005 IP