1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What can you suggest to stop terror?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Arnie, Jul 22, 2005.

?

How should the world community deal with the Iranian NBomb threat

Poll closed May 22, 2006.
  1. Tough (in negotiations)

4 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. Tougher (sanctions)

5 vote(s)
    6.6%
  3. Toughest (even to war)

19 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Other Muslim states must go against Iranians attempt too

6 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. All of the above

23 vote(s)
    30.3%
  6. Tolerance

15 vote(s)
    19.7%
  7. Have to stock pampers first before I vote

4 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. mate_pl

mate_pl Active Member

Best Answers:
    i don't think that you're right. Believe me I'm the last person to say that terrorism is good. I'm not stupid and I'm not crazy. I can say that I'm looking from different position than people in USA.

Just look at some basic facts and I'll explain way I've written the above line...

After 9/11 Bush started the war in afghanistan and succeded in breaking the talibans. Well done. It should have been done. After that he attacked Iraq, captured Saddam, well done. But was Saddam really threat to USA? Or Osama bin laden? Saddam had OIL! let Iraqui people fight against Saddam, why should 20 year ols americans die in country that half of American didn't even know where it was? I just promote the opinion that shooting won't get any good to anyone, I live in a country which was in war 10 years ago and everyone know that it was totally unnecessary and totally stupid...

UCA, don't get me wrong, it's just my opinon from my point of view, war didn't get anything good to ordinary people EVER... Everything can be solved peacefully.

No, I'm not a muslim, but please try to read something about muslims. Not all of them are extremists. Believe me not even 5% of them are... Bosnia is just 20km from the place I live in, and there are about million muslims out there and I don't think they are threat to anyone...

mate_pl, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  2. uca

uca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thats' better, mate_pl, your last post is a lot more reasonable than just another slogan against President Bush.

OK, they are not all terrorists, but it's within that culture, that terrorists breed. And that is possible with a religion that holds them back 150 years. Of course if you're 150 years in the past you can't understand, therefore you'll end up hating the others.

That's their problem: they just hate.

Bush has nothing to do with all that, he is reacting in a way most people approve, whether they admit it or not, as the latter is the easiest way because you might think that he will solve your problems because it's his problem in the first place and has the guts to deal with it.

France: the french thought it was right not to wage war, of course omitting that they had control of 70% of the Iraqi oil, so they didn't. Nor did the Germans, with most of the safest Iraqi bunkers built by German engineers, nor the Russians, main supplier of weapons. Still, they don't look as feeling safe from terrorism which is blind as much as such hate can be.
    Those 3 more or less western countries deliberately let their companies violate the embargo which they agreed upon, but insisting to carry on and NOT remove Saddam. So who're Saddam's friends?
    Not the Brits
    Not the Americans
    Not Blair
    Not Bush

OK, now the Americans have control of Iraqi oil, but I'm sure that Iraqis are going to benefit more than before from that.

Osama will be captured but anyway he is not having a terribly good time. Still better than his followers, in that sense he is living the life of a king...of 150 years ago!

Please all terrorist supporters give me a bad reputation vote, please do, I would be proud of it.

Thanks mate_pl for being more accurate with your views, although I don't agree with you I respect your opinion. Just let me say that I am not American.

uca, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  3. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't really feel clever enough to even comment in this thread, but still..I agree with Mate_pl..People need to stop blaming 'muslims' (not necessarily aimed at anyone on here, but I know people in RL that have said things like ''not all Muslim's are terrorists...but all terrorists are muslim, and the like..) that's a rather bigot way to put them all into one catergory. They are using their religion, islam, in the wrong way. It's just what they have interpretted from what is written in the Koran. It doesn't mean it's right. They have twisted it and somehow justified it to themselves. Islam is actually a peaceful religion. They are taught to find inner peace, not to be violent towards others.

It happens in all religions, Christianity aswell. For example the war in Iraq. George Bush believes he was called by God to lead the nation at this time to go into war in Iraq, whilst the Pope opposed it because of the way HE himself understood the bible/christianity..

It's a really complicated thing, I'm not even gonna pretend to understand it, i'm just a dumb blonde..of course I have my own opinions ect, but It's hard to properly put them into words. But I have very much enjoyed reading this thread and all your opinions. Thanks.

MELLA, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  4. uca

uca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for yours.

But let me just say that I am more against Islamism than muslims themselves.
    But I don't think the problem is religion. As you said some use it to motivate others and as an excuse.

It's their historical culture. And we can't make them think differently after centuries.

The Pope is against violence, but he is also against poverty but lives in luxury...

He should represent Christ, but Jesus was poor...

Bush didn't think that, come on! When did he say that?
    He is just the head of the world police, well sort of, as the US are the only ones at present that can fulfill that role, Saddam was obviously a criminal.
    Anyways, there are other dangerous countries why are they not afraid, or are they of the US and friends (more parasites than friends, actually)

I hope nobody gets me wrong I love the idea of a multicutural society, but it's a problem if you hate each other (apart from inside a stadium during and nor after a match:) )

uca, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  5. nddb

nddb Peon

Best Answers:

It's not our job to convince men not to kill us. It is only our job to protect ourselves.

nddb, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  6. nddb

nddb Peon

Best Answers:
    It's really not. Not that I'm claiming christianity is either. But it's not.

Read the Hadiths and Sunnah, and how mohammad himself said the muslims would kill every jew on the planet, until they hid behind rocks and trees, and the rocks and trees called out "oh slave of allah, there is a jew hiding behind me, come and kill him."

That is not peaceful.

But I do believe Islam can be practiced peacefully, but they need a social revolution. Something drastic to adjust the way it is interpretted and bring them up to speed with Europe and the rest of the world. The problem is, they don't want it, the majority doesn't WANT it, or it would have happened.

We can only hope someone will rise within their own ranks, and show them the way to peace, they will never accept it from a foreigner, especially not through war.

nddb, Jul 24, 2005 IP
    GTech likes this.
  7. mate_pl

mate_pl Active Member

Best Answers:
    IMHO, president Clinton was a little cooler than the Bushes (senior started Desert storm to free Kuwait from Iraq). May I just ask one question? Why didn't he attack bosnian serbs after massacres in sarajevo? because there is no OIL in Bosnia... My point is that this isn't war against terrorism, it is just war for oil because we all know how much of it has left... There is nothing to do with us, with muslims or christians, it's all about oil...

mate_pl, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  8. nddb

nddb Peon

Best Answers:
    Plenty of Americans went to bosnia, under the banner of the UN. And we kept troops there for years and years. So, that sort of invalidates your argument. Milosevic is on trial because of US/UN intervention. (Even though his party actually won in the elections, heh.)

And, you do realize we got oil from Iraq long before this war? So did France, Germany and Russia, although they traded a lot more than food for their oil.

(Also, Keep in mind, when someone says "UN intervention" or something to that effect, generally you are talking about a lot of US troops, equipment and money.)

nddb, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  9. mate_pl

mate_pl Active Member

Best Answers:
    I still think I'm right, but it doesn't matter... what about srebrenica or vukovar (croatia). Believe me I know much much more about this stuff. I've lived through all this sh*t...

mate_pl, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  10. nddb

nddb Peon

Best Answers:
    nddb, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  11. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Thank you! This is a quote from the first link on the bottom:

While Wissam and others are trying to make it out to be us being after someone's oil, let's not forget what is written in the Quaran. I would like some comments on this one. But I bet now the "Let's stop talking" line will come in really handy, huh?

Blogmaster, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  12. nddb

nddb Peon

Best Answers:

What's ironic is that we are expected to be the world's police when bad things happen... except when someone told you America was being selfish.

We tried milosevic and many others for srebrenica. The UN called it "genocide" which it was, christian serbs killing muslims croats.

We defended the croats in bosnia, and killed and put on trial many serbs. So, the question is, why are you complaining we didn't do enough there, but yet say we are doing too much when we remove saddam (who is similar to milosevic in the way he dealt with the kurds and shiites.)

Why is one not enough... and one too much?

I guess because one was oil and one doesn't? The only differences seem to be concocted by you.

nddb, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  13. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    It's nothing new. Terrorism has always been a threat. The only real difference today is that the US and UK actually grew a pair of balls and are taking on the terrorist. This is something no one has ever done. It's gonna be around for a long time, but at least we are cracking down on it now.

When was the last time you saw a terrorist attack in the US??? 9/11. Hmmmm... Me thinks we finally grew a pair and are actually doing something. Best thing we can do is find the terrorists and kill them and those that support them (Atta's daddy) first!

There are more of us then there are of them. We are finally making progress!

Mia, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  14. nddb

nddb Peon

Best Answers:
    sitetutor,

I think part of the problem, is anti-semitism has been huge in europe, I mean, as far back is 1860s, and probably much farther. I think they just shrug it off. It's amazing how many french synogogues have been burned and desecrated. You'd think WWII would have taught them something about irrational hatred.

The Saudis get on TV and talk in english about the evil extremists, and then they get on state TV, speak in arabic and say the jews blew up the WTC, and it's all a zionist plot to steal their oil... etc etc... it's really a nightmare that will last for centuries to come.

-----

BTW, my opinion is, this war is screwed up now, time to leave, close up the borders, and open them again when the world decides to be sane. And follow the clintonesque policies of quietly bombing the living hell out of anyone who poses a threat.

It's funny how anti-war folk love clinton so much. He called out the military more than any president in history, bombed Iraq on an almost daily basis for several years. Bombed any place in the world that posed a threat. But he did it very quiety, it's impressive really, that he got away with so much destruction in the eyes of these same people who call Bush a war-monger.

nddb, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  15. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers:
    It is actually quoted on many sites that George Bush believes he was called by God to lead the nation at this time..So I just added the into Iraq bit on the end. :D

Yes, Sorry I mean it can be practised peacefully, and I was actually basing my opinions on personal experiences... Many of my close friends are Muslim, and are very into Islam and religion, and they practise it peacefully, and respectfully. And are just as opposed to all this terrorism as I am. But no, you're right - it is not about peace..Islam - like Christianity, Judaism, ect. - is not about peace. Yet, Nor is it about war. I suppose every religion is about absolute belief in its own superiority and the right to impose itself upon others.

But I agree they really need to bring them upto speed with Europe and the rest of the world. & As long as there are these religious extreamists, there is no way they'll be peace, the only way forward is the path of secular humanism, based upon the principles of logic and reason. This alone offers the hope of providing everybody on this globe with the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

And I totally don't get the oil comment and imo this really has nothing to do with that whatsoever, but fair enough it is your opinion and everyone is entitled to that.

MELLA, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  16. I. Brian

I. Brian Business consultant

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't mind a Sura cite for that, and if it's Hadith, I'd find it hard to reconcile with the Qur'an.

As for how to stop terror - maybe you can't, but you can always try not to fear. The creation of fear is the objective of terror. That's therefore the only place to defeat terror.

I. Brian, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  17. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    I hate to say it, but I do believe that to be 100% correct. I have experienced anti Semitism myself in Europe (France and Germany) and it seems to me that those 2 nations care less if Israel goes up in smoke. They also love to get everyone else involved to go against decisions that the UK and the US are making. It's all about Israel. The 2 most powerful nations support Israel and most of the rest of the worldx doesn't - that is IMO where the imbalance kicks in and why there won't be peace.

18. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    The problem I see is that everytime we have a debate, we have representatives from all sides and someone who is Muslim will tell us how peaceful their religion is. No one ever wants to address what is written about jews and Christians. And how it is written. And how they stand on the issue. I hope the quotes will either stand for themselves or someone here can prove me wrong. I read what I read and see the hateful tone in which it is written. Trying to say "let's stop talking about it" or ignoring the topic won't bring any solutions to what is in the Quaran. I guess I'm out, this shit pisses me off.

19. nddb

nddb Peon

Best Answers:

Like I say, you can pull similar things from the Bible. But Christianity has conformed to democracy. Exactly like Mella said, every religion feels it is superior and can force others to conform. At least in some point in their history, but democracy trumps religion in the west for the most part. It's totally opposite in the middle east, and probably will be for a long time.

In the US, we understand religious freedom, or we try to. And we try not to be biased against someone because of their religion. It's in our constitution and our laws. But in the middle east, religion trumps all, it is the ultimate. If God says kill someone, you kill them, and that is the law. There is no higher standard.

Instead of being a personal belief and choice, and you can only effect change within your own sphere, they see it as their duty to effect change on everyone in the entire world.

nddb, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  20. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    In the Old Testament yes, but in the New Testament?