1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What can you suggest to stop terror?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Arnie, Jul 22, 2005.

?

How should the world community deal with the Iranian NBomb threat

Poll closed May 22, 2006.
  1. Tough (in negotiations)

4 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. Tougher (sanctions)

5 vote(s)
    6.6%
  3. Toughest (even to war)

19 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Other Muslim states must go against Iranians attempt too

6 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. All of the above

23 vote(s)
    30.3%
  6. Tolerance

15 vote(s)
    19.7%
  7. Have to stock pampers first before I vote

4 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers:
    No, I found that utterly hilarious too!! :D

MELLA, Jul 23, 2005 IP
  2. mizt

mizt Active Member

Best Answers:
    I almost gave Yo-Yo a green rep, but sorry you got to stop the Bush bashing. If all the energy the world put towards not fighting the war on terror. If all the countries would unite and take an aggressive approach instead of wondering whos veto to use to block a movement in the UN and get rid of the attitude "its not my problem" we would minimize terrorism quickly. If the media would use all that reporting on Abu-grabui (sp?) and Gitmo and instead focus it on why we should stop the people wanting to but fear in the free world you would see much more public outrage and alot more countries getting some stuff done. I don't want my sons or daughter to live in fear, wondering if a sucide bomber is going t blow himself up in the movie theater. They should live in a free society thats not worried about extremist.

Here's a little off topic joke to ligthen things up:
    In 2015, a Dad and his son where walking through NYC. The Dad said "Son, over there, the World Trade Centers use to stand."
    The son replied "Dad, what where the WTC's?" .
    Dad said "Well, son they where to huge nationally recognized Towers that the Muslims blew up in 2001 and sent our nation into war to end terrorism."
    The son then asked "What's a Muslim?"

If tha joke offends you please disregard it. It was only a joke. Obvisouly we can't handle world policy in the above manner.

mizt, Jul 23, 2005 IP
  3. mizt

mizt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Now Mella is joining in on the Bush Bashing? I'm sure you never do anything stupid, just the President. ;)

mizt, Jul 23, 2005 IP
  4. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Is this something that just happened? Anyone have a video of it? :D

Crazy_Rob, Jul 23, 2005 IP
  5. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not bush bashing, I would have laughed if anyone had done it. I guess I have a warped SOH.

You have balls to post that joke btw...

MELLA, Jul 23, 2005 IP
  6. mizt

mizt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Mella for clearing that up.

Who ever just gave me red rep please let me know who you are atleast. "right back at cha!" Never gave anyone red red on this thread. Its all good ;)

mizt, Jul 23, 2005 IP
  7. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's fine for you to disagree, but I'm an american and I have every right to dislike the guy thats fucking up my country, and the rest of the world.

Heres a couple questions....

1. Has Bush made the world a better place since he started?
    2. Has American become more or less popular to the rest of the world since Bush started

I think both of those could easily be answered with a big fat NO. It's time for americans to stop letting the idiots in the white house do whatever they want just b/c they're scared of terrorism.

But we all need to ask ourselves if violence and violent acts towards other poeple are a part of human nature? We've been killing and slaving each other since as far back as time gos, now with the whole world reaching overpopulation you think it's going to get any better?

As we drain the world's last resources and we continue to multiply in huge numbers what do you think is going to happen??

So what do you think is going to happen when it gets a little more crowded and more and more people don't have food to eat?

http://www.overpopulation.org/

yo-yo, Jul 23, 2005 IP
  8. Sandwalker

Sandwalker Peon

Best Answers:
    This shouldn't become a religious debate, the original post asked what we can do about terrorism - nothing mentioned about religion. There's no such thing as a holy war.

It's been shown throughout history the people that start wars, terrorize, etc have their own agenda of either money or power. The religion they attach themselves to is simply to cover that up and enlist the support of those religious people.

Show me a warmonger or terrorist that doesn't have something to gain.

Sandwalker, Jul 23, 2005 IP
  9. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    What motivated the people who hijacked the planes on 9/11? Wasn't it religion or their interpretation thereof?

Blogmaster, Jul 23, 2005 IP
  10. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not a religious debate, but how can you have a discussion about the underlying causes of terrorism without discussing religions? Show me a terrorist act that wasn't attached to a religious group? Even the guys that blow up abortion clinics and kill doctors all use their religious beliefs for motivation.

What about the terrorist that blows himself up? What is he gaining (other than rewards he believes in afterlife)?

yo-yo, Jul 23, 2005 IP
  11. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    It was, is and always has been the motivation ST. It also points out how some can inadvertantly support terror by appeasing those that are killing innocent Iraqis daily in Iraq. That some would say "pull out" and let the terrorists (not insurgents) win and go in and have their way, says a lot. It also shows how quickly a man that can kill a million of his own people in the most horrific of ways, can soon be forgotten.

Sandwalker, I disagree. There is a holy war going on and there is very much such a thing. It was declared in the mid-90s verbally against the US, but it's always been going on. It's just that no one on this side of the ocean took it very seriously. It's not limited to or about Iraq. It is about world domination of a single religion.

And then, they came after us.

GTech, Jul 23, 2005 IP
  12. Sandwalker

Sandwalker Peon

Best Answers:

That's what I mean, I don't think that religion really is the underlying cause. Did most Muslims cheer after 9/11? Do most Christians cheer after a bomb explodes at Planned Parenthood? No.

Most terrorists associate themselves with a religion as an excuse. Otherwise they would just be considered a crazy person, but with religion they have a "cause". The abortion clinic bombers are just as bad, and they associate themselves with Christianity usually. So why doesn't everyone associate Christians as being bombers as well? They're both crazy people, and do not have the blessing of either religion to do so.

The terrorist that blows himself up is usually brainwashed by an elder person of that group that stays alive to reap the benefits. They're the pawns, nothing more.

If Bin Laden believed so much in what they did on 9/11, why didn't he lead by example and blow himself up as well? The leaders of these organizations receive money and power - and do not blow themselves up. Muslims around the world condemned those actions.

Sandwalker, Jul 23, 2005 IP
    tom22 likes this.
  13. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    I don't know what most Muslims did after 9/11, but I remember footages of Paletinians cheering out in the streets. That was very disturbing to me.

14. Talkfreelance

Talkfreelance Peon

Best Answers:
    We wouldn't be in this situation if it wasn't for bush and blair, that simple.

Going to war in Iraq/Afganistran has cost so many lives and has put fear into the people of this nation.

Talkfreelance, Jul 23, 2005 IP
  15. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    I personally look at the war from a different angle. I don't know what we will be able to accomplish with it short term speaking, but I think that long term we can make a difference. The next generation of Iraquis and Afghans will be able to choose who they want as their leader, what life they want to live and what opinions they like to express in public. A lot of the older citizens may not benefit as much as they are set in their ways.

One thing that bothers me a lot is comments such as "it's their way of life", "it's their religion" etc.

Oppression should not be tolerated anywhere. Human beings are born with a free will and should be able to exercise it. Many lives are taken on both sides, but don't you think that we will be able to prevent future dictators from taking charge and causing more atrocities if we do things right?

16. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. Some muslims and some christians do cheer after these events take place, but the majority, do not.

I have to disagree. Why would a guy blow up an abortion clinic UNLESS he was first fanatical about his religion? Religion is a very powerful thing, and whether it's meant to or not, it's a big cause of these problems. There's tons of crazy people out there, and the don't target abortion clinics, only the ones with religions...

The same reason bush doesn't go fight on the front lines of the Iqaq war. Any organized cause needs a leader constantly motivating, recruiting and organizing. You think bin laden lives like a king? He lives under a rock.

yo-yo, Jul 23, 2005 IP
  17. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do believe 9/11 happened before bush and blair ever took over iraq.

It's not simple. If you want to really get into , we should be partly blaming ourselves for handing over the very weapons that these guys are using to kill us with.

WE supplied them weapons to fight with Russia b/c we didn't like Russia. We promised them all kinds of things and as soon as Russia was beat we turned our backs on them.

yo-yo, Jul 23, 2005 IP
  18. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    I don't think I'll ever understand narrow-minded statements like this. It's one of the very reasons I mentioned educating people in a previous comment. People can't be dhimmis forever. I'm sure *some* want to forget all the terrorist attacks our nation took in the 90s. I'm pretty sure these guys didn't know even know Bush or Blair. Apparently not, becuase they were sure motivated to blow up anything with a lung.

Actually, there was cheering throughout muslim countries and muslims right here in the USA. It was plastered all over the news. Lacking though, was the cheering of Christians. Do you have any sources for that statement? I entered the following into Google for:

"christians cheering" after 9/11
    "christians cheering after 9/11"
    "christians were cheering" after 9/11

No, we should not be blaming ourselves. As appealing as "blame america for everything" is to democrats, we are not blowing up the world nor are we encouraging it. The world changes constantly. We didn't agree to be their ally forever and they apparently never agreed to be our ally forever. We made a choice between the lesser of two evils at the time to end the world threat at the time. In terms of who was arming who, we can take a look at who armed Saddam over the years:

http://www.defendingliberty.com/iraqweapons.htm

GTech, Jul 23, 2005 IP
  19. mizt

mizt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Gtech, I think he was speaking of some christians cheering after an Abortion Clinic or something is blown up. ;) Continue

mizt, Jul 23, 2005 IP
  20. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you could trust politicians (the ones with access to accurate info), then I believe we could all make more informed decisions on what action to take.

Fact is we only get told one take on part of the intel so as to help mould public opinion.

We need politicians that say 'this is what needs doing - if the voting public don't like it don't re-elect us. But it's the best course of action so we are doing it.'

Dominic, Jul 23, 2005 IP