1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What can you post in your own sales threads?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by krx, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I'm trying to understand what info is acceptable to post in your own sales threads. I understand it is not acceptable to "bump" your thread. But if people buy domains via PM and don't post in the thread (or domains are bought on other forums in multi-forum sales) the thread will quickly pass from view and die out - even tho sales are happening.

Am I allowed to post in the thread sales that have occurred? Also am I allowed to post changes or additions to the sales thread (names added, prices reduced, etc?). I have read in the FAQs what is not allowed. I want to be clear what is allowed.

Thanks.

krx, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  2. nitinleew

nitinleew Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you can update ur thread(names added, prices reduced, etc?)...
    You can get some info from this link

nitinleew, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  3. Electric-Shadow

Electric-Shadow Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You can only post in your thread to add useful information or to reply to any questions asked by interested members, im not sure if posting domain.com sold every time one sells is acceptable or not I dont think it would be tbh, but you can't reduce BIN too often either as it would be considered bumping.

If you want to reduce prices you can PM a mod and ask them to reduce the BIN if the thread is more than 8 hours old.

Electric-Shadow, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  4. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Use common sense. Make a well written opening post providing all needed info and avoid bumping type posts referenced in bumping sticky.

Smyrl, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  5. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You can post the original post obviously, and you can also answer questions that are asked in the thread that apply to everyone (if someone asks something specifically about their own case, it should be handled via PM).

Do not post to say you're reducing rates - if there's any chance you'll be reducing rates, include the rate in an image file in the OP so you can edit it there directly. Also don't waste the moderators' time asking them to make price adjustments for you. After 8 hours, consider the terms you set in your OP permanent.

Also do not post to say a deal is closed / ended. Instead use the report post button and request the thread be closed that way (again, don't PM moderators about it - use the button).

A thread here should only be getting bumped higher in results when people are asking / answering questions that apply to everyone, or are leaving post-deal reviews in your thread.

jhmattern, Feb 13, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.