1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What can the atheists offer the rest of the world???

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by proteindude, Oct 5, 2007.

1. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, in your opinion gambling is gambling which you're still failing to convince me. A church does not make money out of gambling. It is not a business which causes loss to individuals. BINGO is more of a social game where people gather together to spend time with each other. Do you want to know why gambling is wrong: because it's not a win-win situation. Gambling has as its main purpose the desire for everyone else to lose and for you to win. So in gambling there MUST be losers. But I get the feeling you and Bingo are not seeing eye to eye and in your mind it is an evil or hypocrite game (because of the church).

You say communism is not atheism. Not all atheists think the same. Some think we evolved over hundreds of millions of years, others think we evolved over 5 billions. I still don't get what you're trying to say. Not all communists are the same and not all atheists are the same? I agree.

What I am pointing to is the fruits of atheism. Communism has as its main tennets the belief there is no God and therefore they must get rid of religion and must indoctrinate kids in their beliefs. I am talking about what comes out of atheism.

Your point about Jon and David seems to be self contradictory. One is an asshole and the other one just doesn't care. But they are both atheists.

On one hand you say atheists don't care about religion while at the same time you defend them in wanting to remove all references to God from public places. I am not sure you are realising what you're saying. You confuse me when you say it's ok to let kids pray in school and then you ask me how I feel if I had to spend money with allah on it?

So do atheists (even the non caring ones) want religion eradicated or not? Do you want to get references to God removed or not? Do these references to God bother you or not? So how can you say that atheists are tolerable?

Even in Sweden it is now a against the law to preach IN CHURCH against homosexuality, it is also against the law to discipline your children and then you wonder why the kids are so screwed up this day.

You want the references to God removed and this can only be done by you forcing YOUR atheistic beliefs down everyone else's throat: "NO you should not have Christmas carols in schools." "NO, you should not have the 10 commandments in the court houses." "No, you can't teach any alternative to evolution." "No you must allow homosexuals to stay in your bed and breakfast place even though it goes against your morals." So let's not call the atheists tolerant people because they are not.

proteindude, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  2. proteindude

Best Answers:
    Tell me what is the strong relationship between communism and atheism? What is one very dearly and strongly held belief that influences both these sets? Isn't it the denial of the existence of God?

3. samantha pia

samantha pia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    a tambourine to bash along with the book to bash :rolleyes:

samantha pia, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  4. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If the people put anything of value up to win anything of value, no matter how little, no matter if it's a business or not it's still gambling. Trying to convince otherwise simply because of amounts or who is doing it is simply hogwash.
    That is not communisms main belief, wow you seriously need to go back to the drawing board. Communists got rid of religion for absolute power, not because theri primary belief is not to believe.
    No it isn's self contradictory, to you it is because you can not seperate those who do not believe in god. To you they are all the same, you've shown this over and over. I see you failed to respond about Natzi Germany, ghee I wonder why? :rolleyes:
    That confuses you seriously? You do not see a difference from allowing someone to do something they WANT to do compared to FORCING them. Seriously that is so hard to see a difference? Yet you wont respond about spending money with Allah on it, again I wonder why ;)
    I am not atheist, I however do support removing references from god in GOVERNMENT!
    Preaching against homosexuality in church IMHO should be allowed. Disciplining children is a religious thing, wow I did not know that.
    How do you figure it's forcing anything. Yet again Atheism is not a view, it simply exists because there is no view, no belief. Show me where in the constitution it guarantees your religion be in the government. Show me where it shows that a non belief is forcing, show me where it says this non belief is not allowed.

You are delusional in every sense of the word.

Will you force your children to be taught muslim beliefs in school, will you pledge under allah, will you spend money with Zeus on it?

GRIM, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  5. qazu

qazu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you would find that atheists are more tollerant of other religions ... wouldn't anti-religion be a religion? Ever heard of an athiest preacher? I also they'd tend to care more about life and the environment because it's all they have, no "better" life after death.

qazu, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  6. proteindude

Best Answers:
    Ok dude: gambling is gambling. No denying it. No matter the amount or prize. I wonder why this is causing you so much grief.

I don't get your point about NATZI Germany. Natzi Germany persecuted religious folks. What are you trying to say about Natzi Germany?

I told you before MY reasons for not spending money with allah on it or pledging to allah. Difference is very simple: Allah is the opposite of what I believe in. It's not nothing. Atheists believe God is nothing and God does not exist and yet they are fighting to remove Him from government. So why would you fight someone who does not exist? Why spend so much energy refuting the non existant?

If you gave me coins with alien Dobsy (a non existant) creature it would not bother me. So I don't see how a non existant something can cause the atheists to be so mad :rolleyes:

Your other point is pointless: "Atheists should be in government but not Christians" You claim you are a respecter of the Constitution which is great. Show me where in the Constitution there is a statement about church-state separation. Don't give me vague ideas give me the words: church/state separation. From what I see atheism does not want separation but eradication. It's a game of words to hide the actual fact. It's like calling the terrorists freedom fighters.

7. judetheobscure

judetheobscure Peon

Best Answers:
    missed you dude!
    not still banging on about atheism and communism are we?
    look i am an atheist but i am not a communist.
    i am not religious but i respect those who are, unless they impose their beliefs on me.
    and we all know now that you are against atheism, but you seem to have very deep rooted personal reasons for this which means that your arguments lack objectivity.
    as i have said before communism is anti-religion, yet paradoxically more like a religion in its use of indoctrination.
    really dude, atheists are all around you, but they don't say it, they don't wear it like a badge, they just get on with life. and they are certainly not all communists.

judetheobscure, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  8. proteindude

Best Answers:
    I would agree with you but I still haven't seen a hospital built by atheists inc. I only seen hospitals built by the other dudes, the ones who go to church on Sundays.

Maybe if it wasn't for the environmentalists we would be drilling in Alaska and sorting out the oil problem. But to the environmentalists the "wilderness" is more important than people's affordability for basic needs such as petrol.

You claim you never heard of an atheist preacher?? Does the name of Madalyn Murray O’Hair ring a bell?

American Atheists was founded as the result of the famous Supreme Court case which helped to end prayer and bible recitation in public schools. Initiated by the founder of the organization, Madalyn Murray O’Hair, this famous suit is a part of a long tradition in the legal battle for separation of state and church.

9. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just thought I'd highlight that. Are you saying that gambling isn't gambling?

Bingo - Bingo is a game of chance
    Games of chance - A game of chance is a game whose outcome is strongly influenced by some randomizing device, and upon which contestants frequently wager money. Common devices used include dice, spinning tops, playing cards, roulette wheels or numbered balls drawn from a container.

So you're saing that it would also be okay to play roulette in church also? Or does your 'Christianity' and what you preach only apply when it suits you?

MattUK, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  10. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Here you go, there's a whole article about them here. I suggest you should do some research before you start stating your 'facts'

MattUK, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  11. proteindude

Best Answers:
    Weren't you the one who wanted to ban religious dress in UK? Why do religious dresses bug you so much? Why does religion bug you so much? Shouldn't atheists care about the rights of other human beings in countries such as China, North Korea, Cuba, Vietnam. Or is the fact that people go to church annoy you more than anything. More than the fact your fellow men are imprisoned and suffering in other countries?

I don't see atheism concerned with anything else except disproving religious beliefs. Atheism is like a cancer that feeds off Christians while doing nothing for society.

Show me I am wrong, show me the works of Atheists Inc or other organisations so I can show my kids a reason to become member. While you're crapping on about how great atheism really is, there are those who could use your help in getting freedom and aid. I guess that's not as important as defeating religiosity.

One thing I learned from communism: the strongest survives. Many religions have come and gone, and yet there is one that is standing as strong as ever.

12. proteindude

Best Answers:
    You took your "facts" from where??? Oh yeah: www.atheists.org You couldn't just name a quick atheist like Mother Theresa for example. Was it you who said she wasn't a Christian because she doubted the existence of God?

13. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, you have to hand it to those Hindus, the worlds oldest organised religion :)

MattUK, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  14. qazu

qazu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But that's because atheists don't see themselves as a religious group. Being a non-believer is just that, no need to define yourself as a non-believer because there's nothing there ...
    Actually, the 'wilderness' brovides a basic need as well ... air! And I wouldn't classify petrol as a basic need ...
    When someone says hang on, you're violating my rights here by forcing your beliefs down on me an my children, does that make them an activist or a preacher? You figure it out ...

qazu, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  15. judetheobscure

judetheobscure Peon

Best Answers:
    yes dude i am in favour of banning religious dress in schools and public workplaces, but not an overall ban. and this occurs in most secular countries anyway. and by specifying this i am not saying that i want to eradicate religion, only that i want those who follow a particular religion to follow the laws of a secular society. just as if i visited a muslim country i would respect their laws by wearing a long sleeved shirt rather than a short sleeved one.
    athiests are not on a mission to get rid of all religions, but would appreciate a little cooperation every now and then.
    and as for hospitals etc. built by athiests, of course there are plenty of hospitals built across the world by non-religious bodies. to assert otherwise is ludicrous.
    not all religious people go around building hospitals all the time and not all atheists go around doing evil deeds. your arguments become less sane by the minute.

16. proteindude

Best Answers:

So prove me wrong. Do a search and show me ONE (just one-this means less than two) hospital built by Atheists Inc. Not a hospital built by others that may also involve Christians, but a hospital built EXCLUSIVELY by atheists.

Maybe if you do this you can show me a fact rather than just empty rhetoric.

17. qazu

qazu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The problem is that you see atheism as another religion when athiests don't. They don't think of atheism as a movement so you wont find someone building a hospital in the name of atheism, in the name of humanity yes, but not in the name of atheism.

qazu, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  18. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you dispute the facts then tell us exactly what you dispute?

MattUK, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  19. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Three of the greatest American philanthropists of all time are athiests,
    Bill Gates, Warren Buffett and Andrew Carnegie.

I'm pretty sure that some of the millions of dollars that they've donated between them have funded hospitals.

The difference being that they give without the ulterior motive of promoting athiesm, rather than those to do it to promote their religion.

MattUK, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  20. judetheobscure

judetheobscure Peon

Best Answers:
    as i have said before both 'amnesty international' and 'medicine sans frontiers' are non-religious organisations. 'comic relief' a huge fund raising event in the UK that builds hospitals in parts of africa etc., is a non-religious event with non-religious as well as religious people involved.
    i could go on.
    i work for many charitable community projects with people who are religious and non-religious, but none of us ever discuss this, we just get on with the work.