1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What can the atheists offer the rest of the world???

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by proteindude, Oct 5, 2007.

1. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Again, atheism centers around the belief there is no God. Even though everything you use is God related. My post of 666 was done today the 7 November 2007. You refer to the time when Jesus was born.

Atheists trying to live their lives in peace you say??? That is news to me. It is almost daily they pick a fight with someone wearing a cross around their neck in public office, or with a cross in La Jolla that is on public land, or they want the eradicate prayer in public schools (forcing others to be silenced about their beliefs). They want the 10 commandments removed from court houses. All this proves to me like you say: they just want to be left alone. I agree, they want to be left alone to purge all religion.

proteindude, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  2. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So in your logic when one atheist does something that includes all of them?
    So when one preist 'or whatever it's called in your religion' rapes a little boy you are guilty of that as well?

Good to know..

So which one is it, all atheists or the group you linked to that you are attacking?

There are instances when religion has gone to far into the government where it should rightfully be removed.

GRIM, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  3. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you are wrong on so many things and on so many levels it becomes a chore pulling you up and and schooling you every time you post this dribble.

Wrong. If there was no religion and idiots worshipping an imaginary friend there would be no atheism. There is no god now and atheists exist.

Yeah, Great isn't it :D A world without you people.

There would be good people doing good things for no other reason than it is good.
    There would be no more good people doing bad things for an imaginary cause.
    No more genital mutilation of children to appease gods.

You say that you don't know what positives atheism can offer the world, I say they can do anything that you imagine your cult to be doing.

Unless you can name one good deed that only a believer can perform you have to accept that religion isn't responsible for anything other than increasing bad in the world.

Think about it like this. Any good deed a religious person can perform an atheist can perform, But when it comes to doing evil, If a person believes that they are doing the right thing for their god they can do a lot more evil than i would even be capable of. You have admitted that you would kill your child for your god, that is something i would never be capable of doing, No matter who or what asked me to do it.

So right there we have proven that you are no more capable of doing good than i am, But a shit lot more capable of doing evil.

stOx, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  4. proteindude

Best Answers:

Dude, I am referring to atheism as a whole. Atheists (most of them) are followers of atheism which is a set of beliefs. But just out of curiosity since you are not a member of atheists.org, can you give me an example of : "an instance when religion has gone to far into the government where it should rightfully be removed."

5. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Most people who do not believe in god/religion are followers of atheism, a set of beliefs. That's news to me and most every atheist around I'm sure.

As far as one instance, there are many of them.

Perhaps the following ;)

'one nation under god'

You know it wasn't there from the beginning don't you?

GRIM, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  6. proteindude

Best Answers:
    I know you tried to teach me how to reply between the quotes but I tried and it doesn't work. Help me again.

One deed that an atheist can't do is GIVE HOPE. After this life is over you can see your loved ones. That is a good deed no atheist can make.

I am just totally puzzled about a statement you made: "You have admitted that you would kill your child for your god," Come again mister loves people so much that you go and look after animals??? When did I (proteindude) make such a statement?

7. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wrong. It's a single disbelief. The disbelief in any of the thousands of gods than man has created.

Like they say, When you can understand why you disbelieve in all other gods, you will understand why i disbelieve in yours.

Tell us why you don't believe in Thor or Vishnu proteindude.

[.quote]put the quoted text here but remove the periods from the tags[./quote]

What? I can tell a lie too! protiendude, You will win the lottery next week... See?
    The only difference is there is a chance i may be right.

Sorry i mistook you for the other clown.

stOx, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  8. omgitsfletch

omgitsfletch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He's convinced we are an organized group out to destroy Christianity, when in reality most of us are people who go about our lives peacefully, not caring what the hell anyone else believes in.

Proteindude, you look at the fact that we can't give hope as a bad thing; I see it as a good thing. Guess what, after this life is over, you don't know what the hell is going to happen. You think you do, and so do I, but in reality we don't really know for sure. Hope feels good, but it doesn't mean shit in the grand scheme of things. I hope I win the lottery tomorrow, and that hope makes feel good, but it's just a temporary happiness that ultimately ends.

It's just that I don't need the belief that my life is just a small hurdle in the way of going to heaven or hell for all eternity. For me, my life is EVERYTHING, and that's what gives me the motivation to make the best of it, and to improve the world for those after me.

Also, you talk about our organized mission to destroy Christianity. Guess what, we aren't trying to destroy it, but we want it out of government. You talk about secular communism as a model for atheism being bad. I cite the history of the past thousand years, where every time religion gets it hold (note that I don't specify any particular religion) into government, oppression, wars, discrimination, and just bad shit follows, as a model for religion OUT of government.

You need to look more into the relationship between atheism and communism, and how it ties into totalitarianism. You are trying to say that atheism inherently leads to support of communism, which leads to a stifling of religious beliefs, but that is not how it works. In reality, communism and Stalin in particular was about forming totalitarianism and absolute rule. To accomplish this, Stalin eliminated any other threats to his absolute rule, in the form of killing tons of people, and eliminating religion, which put God as power above all else.

Atheism --> Soviet communism --> Elimination of religion

when in reality its more like

Totalitarianism --> Make leader absolute ruler --> Eliminate other sources of power --> Elimination of religion

I'd venture to guess most atheists out there are capitalists, and there have been quite a few examples of totalitarianism that were rooted in religion. To equate atheism to communism is just silly, and a long debunked myth. As I've said, history has shown us that religion tied into government makes for a lot more trouble than religion out of government. And also remember, we atheists just want you to keep your God and your beliefs out of our government, but the majority of Christians want to push their values and ideals into our lives. Who's doing more harm again?

omgitsfletch, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  9. proteindude

Best Answers:
    I don't get how this is such a big deal to an atheist. I am sorry dude but sometimes I take longer to understand what you mean. You're saying a coin with the inscription 'one nation under God' is something so offensive, so annoying that organisations need to be formed to have it removed from the coin. I honestly am not sure what you mean.

proteindude, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  10. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am not an atheist so I do not know, I however believe in the constitution.
    This phrase was added by a bunch of religious nuts, it was not apart of what our country was founded on ;)

How would you like it if it said in Allah We Trust? It's just a little inscription on a coin after all.

I was talking about the pledge btw, not a coin.

You are thinking of 'in god we trust'

Those who do not 'trust' in god should not be forced to use religious propoganda as their form of national currency. Those that do not feel they are under god surely should not be forced to recite a pledge of allegiance, in doing so it makes them somehow unpatriotic 'unable to pledge' because they do not believe in god which is well within their right as a US citizen.

When the entire debate about the pledge came up I was younger and I fully sided with the religious side. I viewed the pledge as a patriotic statement and could care less about 'god' references. This would still hold true had the pledge been left in it's original state and not tampered with to add the 'god' statements in the 50's. Upon researching and figuring out this vital peice of information my current stance emerged ;)

GRIM, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  11. tarponkeith

tarponkeith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Couldn't have said it better myself...

tarponkeith, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  12. HARRY256

HARRY256 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And also you forgot to Mention that Albania was the first Atheist nation, disparted from Greece in 1912 after the Balcan Wars and was firstly wanted to name "Nothern Ipirus". Haha funny.The Albanians with their attitude caused their fate to be Dictatored 2-3 times causing them to suffer great misses in evolution and cultural growth. Ember Hotza (Good Relationships with China) was their "God" and if they even denied it they would die sooner or later.
    Conclusion. Since 1993, after Albania opened their borders, more than 2.5 of 3 million left their country, coming to Greece,Canada and Italy, having extremely many casualties in cultural, ocupational, and much more vital things harmed.
    "Being Atheist is one thing, Finding a job is another" Thats a phraze Greeks used to say themselves about Albanians just because they came in an uncomfortable way wanting jobs, food and a home.
    Being a Atheist means that you dont have any moral values.
    Which is true unless you are a Christian or Muslim ideological and religious person.
    Atheism led them to catastrophic results. Didnt see any Christian or Muslim or any other religious countries having that results.
    At least not recently.

HARRY256, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  13. omgitsfletch

Best Answers:
    Don't be ignorant. Just because we don't follow a defined for all moral code doesn't mean we have no morals.

http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=927905
    http://undeluded.wordpress.com/2007/09/28/holy-fallacy-4-atheists-are-amoral/

[Sarcasm On]
    Yea, no Christian or Muslim nations have ever let their religion get in the way of progress, let it influence their decisions, and used their religion to justify genocide and killing of innocent people.
    [Sarcasm Off]

I'm looking at you, radical Muslim Middle Eastern nations, Bosnia, Nazi Germany, among many, many others.

omgitsfletch, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  14. Tokio

Tokio Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not religious and I have moral values. I don't steal, I don't whore around, I don't kill people....

I have morals because I want them, not because someone else told me I had to be this way. There are a lot of Christians I know that would be sent to hell a whole lot faster than I ever would.

And who cares about if atheists have songs to sing? I, for one, hate Christmas carols. I think they're annoying.

And who says an atheists can't give hope? If I was dying the doctors trying to save me would give me hope - but a bunch of people sitting around praying for me would not.

And atheists aren't part of some organization that are out to destroy others. Just because there are a few bad atheists doesn't mean they're all bad.

I've met a ton of bad Christians, so I guess that means they're all bad, right?

Tokio, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  15. proteindude

Best Answers:
    Dude, it does not matter how you try and justify it, it is still a small pledge meaningless if you are an atheist. It's different from religion to religion. Such a small thing bothers you that you need to take action against it. You claim you're not an atheist and yet you take their side. After all, isn't this just a harmless pledge? How does this pledge as a believer in nothing becomes so annoying? Unless of course I prove what every other atheist ultimately wants: the eradication of all religion. You start somewhere and then you move onto something else.

You claim you believe in constitution which is great. But do you really? When the constitution was written it was totally inconceivable that marriage could have meant anything other than a man and a woman. And yet you don't mind the sodomites having the same rights. Great supporter of constitution you are. Just mentioning this as a side issue to show you choose and pick.

And BTW, this so called separation of church and state is nowhere to be found in the Constitution in the way it's expressed by the atheists. Just like you have 12 jurors on a jury. It was a decision taken long time ago and was determined 12 is the number even though that particular ruling/decision does not state 12. What the constitution states is different from the so called separation which many take it to mean eradication.

16. proteindude

Best Answers:
    Have you heard of pride?? So let's ckeck some of your morals. Have you ever told a lie? If so, what does that make you?

Have you ever stolen anything? Ok, so what does that make you?

Ever hated anyone? Or ever coveted what some of your friends have/had?

So if you don't like Christian songs, carols or whatever give me an atheistic song that has atheism as its theme, please give me a link or something so I can decide for myself if it's nice or not. Give me an atheistic song that can brighten my day: "You little Johnny are a purposeless bunch of atoms la,la la You little Johnny come from a monkey that came from a fish la, la, la, One day you will day and then that's the end of it all, la,la,la.

I agree with you, there are many bad Christians, and yet the goal of Christianity and the goal of Atheism are totally different.
    Don't forget, in the last 50 years alone, atheism
    /communism has killed more people than all the religious wars in the entire human kind history.

I choose Christianity.

17. aletheides

aletheides Banned

Best Answers:
    WTF is wrong with you!

aletheides, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  18. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    this lie has been kicked to death repeatedly, Why do you insist on being a filthy liar intent on bending reality and twisting the truth to try and justify the murder and torture done specifically in the name of your god?

Does the bible say "thou shalt not kill more people than atheists"?

You have no credibility on this forum anymore. people have exposed you time and time again as being a liar who lacks intelligence and integrity.

stOx, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  19. omgitsfletch

Best Answers:
    stOx, just don't mind it. A few weeks ago it seemed proteindude was fairly reasonable, but time is showing he's just a bigot to all those that don't espouse his beliefs. He's taken the debates here from a friendly debate over differing viewpoints, into a contest on what accomplishes more, Christianity, atheism, or any other religion under the sun. By making it into "what songs does atheism have?" and "what good does atheism accomplish?", he's showing a willful ignorance that Christians aren't the only people doing good in the world, and turning charity and goodwill into a competition. This is something the Bible and real Christians would without a doubt reject, but he's convinced he's in the right here. Let him bask in his ego, he's beyond help.

omgitsfletch, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  20. proteindude

Best Answers:
    I see that truth annoys you. It no matter. It is still the truth. Regardless whether or not it fits Mr Atheist of the Month views.