1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What can I do to increase ranking?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by f13productions, Aug 5, 2009.

247chat.net
    Nearly 2 years old, page rank of 2 with really poor google search positions. I can't afford SEO (very low income) and I would like to know what I could do to help increase my results position?

f13productions, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  2. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    either you seo your site or outsource it. no other way in the middle. if you can't afford it, i suggest you start learning on seo basics starting from ontage optimization to quality link building. google terms like seo, search engine optimization, link building etc and you wil get lot of resources. also read this forums where lot of useful topics are posted often

sultanofseo, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  3. xpirtdesign

xpirtdesign Peon

Best Answers:
    do some keyword research and analysis to choose the best keywords. write new content and apply the content to your website regularly. optimize your content on the website including the meta tags. register for google webmaster tools and submit your sitemap. build links and never stop building links and writing content.

all of this is very broad in explanation, but you can search on Google to find tons of tutorials and information that will help you. read, read, then read some more and you will have a better knowledge of SEO which you thenn can apply your skills on your website and see results.

I write many articles on SEO, though I havent written any in a couple of months. The articles are still usefull and you can read up on them here: SEO Tips

xpirtdesign, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  4. larryatdp

larryatdp Peon

Best Answers:
    You can do SEO yourself. Build more backlinks and your serp rankings will improve. Also you can link to your site as a signature in this forum. That will give you a backlink.

larryatdp, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  5. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can do the SEO by yourself for your site.First you have to select the targeted keywords for your site to do on-page optimization very effectively.Then you can start promoting your site by doing the off-page optimization such as social bookmarking,directories submission,article marketing and forums.These will help you to build more backlinks for your site and drives more traffic and it helps to improve the pagerank.

rashida, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  6. Knighthood123

Knighthood123 Peon

Best Answers:
    i will suggest you to learn the various techniques which can be done for increasing traffic, you set out a plan for yourself and make do some research on SEO, study various articles and at the same time work on the methodologies in SEO. It is possible for yourself to go for it but you have to be patient.

knight
    http://www.iexpertsforum.com/top-seo-tools.html

Knighthood123, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  7. james.jakab

james.jakab Peon

Best Answers:
    First, you start learning on seo basics starting from on-page & off-page optimization to quality link building. Secondly, do some keyword research and competitor website analysis to choose the best keywords(target keywords). Apply the fresh content with targeted keywords to your website regularly. Build quality backlinks via off-page optimization. That will help you to drive more traffic and increase your ranking also.

james.jakab, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  8. 22websitedesign

22websitedesign Peon

Best Answers:
    read about seo and implemeted by yourself.

22websitedesign, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  9. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    you need to do proper onsite optimization or need to hire seo expert.

newlogo, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  10. xpirtdesign

xpirtdesign Peon

Best Answers:
    hire me to do your seo! i'm JK. read up on search engine optimization as much as possible and you will be fine.

xpirtdesign, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  11. Excel 8

Excel 8 Guest

Best Answers:
    if you don't have budget to hire SEO why don't you get an SEO consultant.

Excel 8, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  12. graciespencers

graciespencers Peon

Best Answers:
    the main thing is the more number of back links you have, the good ranking you have in search engine. so try to build your back link to your site by different SEO techniques. Don't go for black hat seo techniques like link farming, reciprocal link exchange and all that stuff, that may ban your site.

graciespencers, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  13. sweetmonika

sweetmonika Guest

Best Answers:
    You can increase ranking through 2 ways - Onpage and off page optimization of your project. Under onpage put relevant keywords,meta title and meta description on your webpages
    . Under off page do Article submission, directory submission and press release and forum posting on dofollow sites.

sweetmonika, May 1, 2010 IP
  14. indiadesign

indiadesign Member

Best Answers:
    First increase the number of quality back links

indiadesign, May 6, 2010 IP
  15. Rebeccazadeng

Rebeccazadeng Member

Best Answers:
    Get quality back links from related sites. Do article submission, directory submission, press release, social bookmarking, blog commenting and also check your site on page factors such as keywords, title tag, meta description...

Rebeccazadeng, May 6, 2010 IP
  16. john boy

john boy Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO - in a nut shell - it is a complex subject to go into here but these days there are so many resourses out there you can get information from. Study it and do it - that is as simple as it is.

john boy, May 7, 2010 IP
  17. joshvelco

joshvelco Peon

Best Answers:
    On-page SEO - get some tutorials for free
    Social bookmarking
    niche blog commenting (dofollow + nofollow)
    niche forum posting
    directory submissions (general + niche)

All these things are free and not particularly time consuming

joshvelco, May 7, 2010 IP
  18. john boy

john boy Peon

Best Answers:
    I was interested in josh velco's comments about 'niche blog commenting (dofollow = nofollow)' everything else made perfect sence hence I believe that you know your stuff - but what do you mean by 'no follow' in this comment - just wondered how you think no follow will help with SEO??!!

I would welcome Josh velco's comments and/or anyone elses comments as to why no follow backlinks are deemed effective?!

Thanks everso in advance!

john boy, May 7, 2010 IP
  19. Aray100

Aray100 Active Member

Best Answers:
    For what it's worth, I would not submit a sitemap to google. I have had terrible results with this.

Aray100, May 7, 2010 IP
  20. SCLocal

SCLocal Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Uh, it is worth it. A sitemap is important in letting the search engines know exactly what your site has in terms of pages, categories, etc. You had terrible results? Maybe you didn't submit it right or didn't generate it correctly. Generating a sitemap and submitting it to google is one of the easiest things you could ever do.

As for the OP, the only way to get your site to rank for popular keywords is to do on and off site seo for it. Take a look at the keywords being searched and target those ones that are less popular and have less competitor and build from there.

SCLocal, May 7, 2010 IP