1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What can i do to improve my search engine results? (rep to useful posts)

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by SlickR, Sep 26, 2007.

Hi there.
    What should i do different or more to improve search egnine results for the following keywords: far cry 2, farcry 2
    You see i have this farcry 2 fansite so i want to know what should i do or change that i'm curently doing to get good SE rankings.
    Currently my site doesen't rank at all beacose it was closed and i have been trying out different titles and keywords combinations so i need your help to finalize things such as title, keywords etc...

Please only more experienced members reply as i'm not a newbie and asking for stupid general tips. I need specific suggestions on my title tag, keywords tag and other tags so i can rank good for the named keywords/phrases!
    site is : www.farcry2game.info

Thanks in advance + rep:)

SlickR, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  2. twalters84

twalters84 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey there,

There are a lot of internal and external things you can do to improve your rankings. I will just name a few..

Internal SEO:

1. Have your keywords place throughout your webpages, making sure the keyword density is just right.

2. Stay away from flash, crawlers hate it

3. Make sure your webpages are W3C compliant. While this doesnt stop your webpages from being crawled, it makes their job easier as it reduces many errors

4. Make sure you have original content. A LOT OF CONTENT :)

5. Use meta tags, there are some crawlers that still look at this info, but only use 8 to 10 keywords

External SEO:

1. Backlinks, backlinks, backlinks.... did I mention backlinks!

If one of your keyword phrases is "bowling balls" and your site name is "myDomain.com", then make sure you create your backlinks like this..

<a href="http://www.myDomain.com">bowling balls</a>

This associates bowling balls with your domain name. You can use other attributes in the link if you want like "title" and "target".

2. Submit your website to a lot of directories.. Check out the directory thread on this forum.. it has a lot of great references

3. Submit news releases about your website. There are a lot of great news sites out there looking for fresh content. You will have to be a good writer.. make sure it is interesting

4. Create an RSS feed for your website and submit that link to RSS feed directories such as feedburner, that will help with traffic, but you may get a backlink here and there

5. When visiting forums, add your link to your signature, using your keywords in the manner I discribed above.

This is just a start. Hope it helps.

Sincerely,
    Travis Walters

twalters84, Sep 26, 2007 IP
    naveennagole likes this.
  3. Hersheys

Hersheys Peon

Best Answers:
    Put your keywords on title page.
    Insert your keywords in your site content.
    Use your keywords as anchor text in building links.
    Exchange links with quality and related sites.

Hersheys, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  4. Dal

Dal Peon

Best Answers:

DUDE what a spamming piece of steamy ####. I can barely load it without something jumping on it. I would start with rethinking your ad strategy so it is not so offensive to the browser. Spam is so 2006.

Dal, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  5. Zippo

Zippo Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion you should do this steps:

validate your code with W3C
    add in your header:
    <meta name="robots" content="index,FOLLOW">
    <meta name="revisit-after" content="1 Days">

is not a good ideea to redirect the index to news.php

many backlinks with anchor "far cry 2"

if you want, can submit your site in my webdirectory, i will give you a PR3 backlink for your website:
    http://www.director-web.net/submiteng.php

Zippo, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  6. speda1

speda1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Needs more text on the page.

speda1, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  7. FastWeb

FastWeb Peon

Best Answers:
    First, remove all the advertising. It's not doing you any good, and it will just turn away potential users. Those potential users will create unique content for you through a strong message board forum. Gamers tend to be fanatical about the games they like, and if you get a couple juggernaut posters on your forum, you will have TONS of new fresh content every single day for the Googlebot to gobble up.

Towards that end, I found the background image highly distracting - text was hard to read on it, and the message board is almost unusable because of it. The background image under the Links section makes it hard to read the links, let alone find them.

The underlined pop-up advertisements are also incredibly annoying, and will turn away users. You really should take away all the ads until you have a user base that can give you income from those ads. They're just distracting, and almost immediately upon browsing to the site, I was turned off by the advertising - it's very in your face and irritating.

Make sure that your index page doesn't redirect to news.php. You should have a real index page and put a lot more text on it to give the spiders something to chew on. That doesn't mean that you don't have any images, but your header looks good, and that's probably enough for now. Get rid of the background images and intersperse other images throughout the content - possibly screen shots of the game itself in appropriate areas. Make sure that your keywords are in the text, but not so heavily that you get penalized.

Finally, get a LOT of backlinks with your keywords as the anchor text. Nothing will drive a site's ranking more than that (at least in Google).

FastWeb, Sep 26, 2007 IP
    SlickR likes this.
  8. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    you should use anchor text when posting a link, and you need to add many many more back links.

Brandon Sheley, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  9. SlickR

SlickR Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks to most who reply'ed. These are the following steps i'll take:
    1. remove advertising
    2. remove in-site background, instead add out-side background
    3. Test out text links color to see what color is most visible through the image
    4. redirect news to main domain
    Rep added to fastweb for thought out post that can actually be applied to my site, instead of random general tips!
    Thanks

SlickR, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  10. micromark

micromark Peon

Best Answers:
    Validiate all code.

Build backlinks (Thousands overtime) - have your the words you want to rank for as the text for the Link.

Put a few key words or phrases in your title and description.

Include lots of relevent content with the odd key word and phrase put in.

See if those help.

micromark, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  11. Devesh100

Devesh100 Active Member

Best Answers:
    FIRST: Remove your advertisements.
    SECOND: Increase back links ...you should have in thousands..they are useful.
    THIRD: Use anchor text while posting a link.

Devesh100, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  12. koolermaster

koolermaster Banned

Best Answers:
    1. Get Those Inbound Links
    Since Google ranks your pages according to the number of links pointing at your page, it stands to reason that you should try to get as many links pointing at your pages as possible.

2. Your Title Tag
    Google seems to give weight to the title of your page. By title, I mean the text that is sandwiched between the HTML <TITLE> tags in the <HEAD> section of your web page. If you use a Web editor that automatically inserts a title like "New Page", remember to change it to some meaningful text with your keywords inside to reap the benefit of this feature.

3. Content-Laden Pages (Keyword Density)
    It has often been observed that Google considers keyword density a large factor in ranking pages in search engine results, more so than many other search engines.

koolermaster, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  13. SlickR

SlickR Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you shut up noob and check the site first then comment. Not just spam the forums with your random sugestions/tips or whatever!

My question has been somewhat answered so this can be CLOSED!!!!

SlickR, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  14. bon300187

bon300187 Peon

Best Answers:
    Pardon my ignorance but how can you call them a newb when your asking for help how to increase your sites performance. It wouldnt be very nice if these guys giving you advice just said shut up you noob to you wud it :)

bon300187, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  15. Web Gazelle

Web Gazelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You don't need these meta tags..

<meta name="rating" content="General">
    <meta name="classification" content="Games">
    <META NAME="expires" CONTENT="NEVER">
    <META NAME="page-type" CONTENT="Game Site">
    <META NAME="page-topic" CONTENT="Game">
    <META NAME="audience" CONTENT="all">

If you haven't done so you should set up a google webmaster tools account and submit a google site map.

Why are you redirecting from the main URL? Your home page should not redirect to another page. I highly recommend fixing that so when I click on the link I go to the index page and I don't get redirected to another page.

Web Gazelle, Sep 27, 2007 IP