1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What can be a good Masters Thesis Topic regarding Firewalls?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by gyahoo, Oct 9, 2017.

Hiya all,

I have been doing masters in online security. I am looking for a good topic, that can be easy and doable (including practical aspect of project).
    I would like to get suggestions regarding what can be a good topic that can include firewalls. I have been reserching about Next Generation Firewalls, but I cant seem to get enough information and also I cant seem to figure out practical aspect of this topic.

I will appreciate your help.
    regards

gyahoo, Oct 9, 2017 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    AI firewalls?

Remember commander Data from Star Trek the Next Generation? He at times served as a firewall to the ship's computer systems. Imagine a built-in AI in your laptop that can learn and adapt to ever increasing cyber security threats.

qwikad.com, Oct 9, 2017 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    How about somehow tying in the massive Equifax data breach into your project? There are going to be hundreds of millions of hacked users' account information propagated around the Web with hackers trying to use it to get into financial systems to commit fraud. Maybe there is a way for a firewall to prevent some of these illegal activities?

jrbiz, Oct 9, 2017 IP
  4. Omnitec1018

Omnitec1018 Member

Best Answers:
    Would you like to go for any other option a well except Firewall???

Omnitec1018, Oct 9, 2017 IP
  5. gyahoo

gyahoo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, if I get something better..

The problem I am facing now, there is not enough research material and practical bit for the Next Gen Firewalls.

gyahoo, Oct 10, 2017 IP
  6. Pamela Turns

Pamela Turns Active Member

Best Answers:
    With no enough resources for Next Gen Firewalls maybe you can try other topics such as:
    Ipv6 usage and how it will change the current device types and natting scenarios or Advanced SIEM tools and pro-active log analysis.

Pamela Turns, Oct 11, 2017 IP