1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What area do I submit to

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by rboesen1, Mar 17, 2012.

Hello,

I was try trying to list our site on DMOZ but had a hard time finding what the heck section to list it in. We are a community general chat forum. Please advise if ya have any info :)

rboesen1, Mar 17, 2012 IP
  2. jimnoble

jimnoble Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    At the moment, it has too little content to be listed. With its extremely broad scope, I'd have thought you'd need thousands of members and 10s of thousands of posts. Tightly focused forums are more listable.

Right now, it's not a useful resource for surfers. I urge you to wait a year before suggesting it. By that time it'll either have gained some traction :) or died :(.

Contrast http://forum.netweather.tv/ (The root is listed within Regional/Europe/United_Kingdom/Weather) with http://city4ums.com/showthread.php?41-Weather (Your England/Weather section) and you'll see the size of the mountain you're competing with.

England isn't the same as UK BTW or did you intend to exclude Scotland, Wales and NI?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
    jimnoble, Mar 17, 2012 IP
  3. rboesen1

rboesen1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips. Btw weather really isn't out niche so I don't intend to compete with that weather forum. Also, the other territories listed at the bottom are areas our members requested. I add areas based upon member request. If we started with every city, country, etc we would be way to big and empty. Once we have a larger userbase we will most likely add many more countries. Www.country4ums.com

Cheers

rboesen1, Mar 18, 2012 IP
  4. jimnoble

jimnoble Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So what is your niche?

jimnoble, Mar 18, 2012 IP
  5. rboesen1

rboesen1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Community discussion on various topics.

rboesen1, Mar 18, 2012 IP