1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are your thoughts on Islam?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by proteindude, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Yes you did. Someone else called you out on that fact as well... You did.

Back to name calling again... yawn... you bore me.

You only posted a passage from the New Testament after I called you out on your Old Testament posting frenzy..

Christmas is not a religious holiday. I'm Catholic btw... God never cursed man for using trees.. You are with out a doubt completely off your rocker.

That you are.

Mia, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  2. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    well in all fairness the OT does say "cursed is he who hangs from a tree"

Now, it could be argued that "who hangs from a tree" is not talking about the man himself hanging from the tree but rather a man who hangs things on a tree.

Somebody has gotten coal one too many times methinks.

KalvinB, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  3. Aceday

Aceday Banned

Best Answers:
    Im off my rocker am i, mr i am holier than thou.

Christmas, New Year's, etc. all originated in BABYLON as festivals celebrated by the heathen in honor of their pagan gods, but were given "Christian" meaning by the Catholic Church in order to convert the idol worshippers to Constantine's new "christian" religion. (Paul says you can lie, if its for spreading his way, its fine)

Jeremiah 10
    [​IMG]

Aceday, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  4. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    I didn't realized that Christmas trees were carved into idols and worshipped and treated as gods. Here I thought they were just nice looking decorations to put gifts under.

Or does the Bible forbid presents, too?

No wonder you think the Bible is corrupt. You can't even understand the most basic concepts found in it.

Where does it say that?

KalvinB, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  5. Aceday

Aceday Banned

Best Answers:
    Philippians 1:15-18

Aceday, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  6. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    So what you're trying to convince us all of is that you can't tell the difference between a false motive and a lie.

Interesting.

One is doing something for the wrong reasons. Another is saying something that isn't true.

I know it's subtle...

KalvinB, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  7. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    unfortunately this is true, but if the true celebration at heart is that of Jesus's birth, then i see no harm. We are celebrating the birth of Jesus, nothing else. Truth is Jesus was not even born in the winter, thank about it, remember the Shepard and the sheep, would they have been out there in the cold of December?

It is true the Christmas has other meanings, but the truth is in the eye of the beholder. I celebrate Jesus birth on Christmas, and nothing else, i exchange gifts, which is symbolic of the gifts given by the magi or wise men. If the celebration glorifies God then it is OK.

sb1234, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  8. grab my heat

grab my heat Banned

Best Answers:
    You see no harm even though the lord (jesus) himself said it is wrong? I think you are confused.

grab my heat, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  9. Aceday

Aceday Banned

Best Answers:
    Not trying to convince anyone, the judeo-christian groups and africa/s. america missionaries use that and the below quote to justify their deceptive techniques.

Romans 3:1-8

Aceday, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  10. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:

Ill have to read into this, ive never seen it. I can tell you this, if the context is correct, then i will not put a tree up this year. This is because to love god is to obey. But i will read up on it tonight.

sb1234, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  11. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    from what i have read so far, God says it is worthless, but does not command anyone not to do it. I will read in detail later

Ive read on a little more, and the more i read, i come to believe, it was worthless then because it did not glorify God. But the majority of people that celebrate Christmas do it to celebrate the birth of Jesus. And i believe that is Worth quite a bit. I actually feel quite confident that putting up a tree in the name of Christ is quite glorifying to God.

sb1234, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  12. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    http://www.answering-islam.org/BibleCom/rom3-7.html

You're bad at this game. Paul writes in a debate style at times bringing up arguments he's probably heard and then countering them. "Lying for the Lord" is used by a number of false religions including Islam which with one face trashes the Bible and the other pretends that Islam agrees with it.

The verse is talking about idols which were commonly carved out of trees.

Christmas trees are not worshipped as gods like idols.

They are a pretty decoration. Nothing more.

KalvinB, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  13. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    Ace doesn't understand the nature of context, I'd hate to see how he interprets his own holy book. I hope he doesn't skip through the verses like he does the bible

sb1234, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  14. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    i do not get your point here.are you saying that we know more now than what god knew then?

pizzaman, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  15. Aceday

Aceday Banned

Best Answers:
    The church makes no secret of its pagan roots of xmas as im sure you are all aware.

I think Jeremiah 10 is a prophecy.
    Just because you have changed it from idols, to jesus, it doesnt mean you arent learning their ways in vain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas#Pre-Christian_origins

Aceday, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  16. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    These two are so confused, yet at the same time they don't want to even learn or be corrected, so my suggestions to those here trying to correct them is to remember the verse about arguing with a fool.

Here is what one fool wrote while giving me a red rep:
    Obviously he is a fool by the fact that if he thinks Jesus is swinging on a cross, he has no idea who Jesus is. Just FYI, Jesus is not on a cross. I have never worshiped a cross or anything hanging (or swinging) on a cross.
    Not one cross hanging anywhere around me.... with or without someone swinging on it either.

oh my, the ignorance runs rampid, and some imam is smiling while keeping others ignorant and confused.

Do all imams lie to their followers? I guess they would have to, since if they told the truth they would be out of a job.

debunked, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  17. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    The bible speaks here of a specific group of people that were idolizing a tree. That is not the true meaning for Christmas, we put up trees in the name of Jesus, it glorifies his name. God was not talking about the future, he was talking about the present. One way to know if what you are doing is wrong or right is to ask yourself, does this glorify God. We are celebrating the birth of his son. Id say he is Glorified.

Jesus is God in the Flesh, You dont have to believe it, but it is true. The pagan ways were to worship idols, not God. I have not learned there ways, i have learned my saviors. I worship God the father son and holy ghost.

sb1234, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  18. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Lets clarify something. Christmas is just a holiday. One where I choose to remember the birth of Christ which we do not actually know His birth date and it really doesn't matter, since He existed before time anyways.

His birth is important to Christians because God came to live with us (humans) on earth in humanly form and suffered for our sins.

But, cluelessness will lead you to post another out of context verse now won't it?

debunked, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  19. Aceday

Aceday Banned

Best Answers:
    Son of god, begotten son, father, holy ghost, all in one. Did you forget the 1st commandment.

The best verse for jesus being god in flesh is that he existed before moses, now that sounds really weak to me. If you actually read the bible with an open mind you might notice he never claims to be God. Or you might notice him speaking and praying to the father in heaven.

And maybe we should just ignore all the contradictions in the bible, maybe I don't need to come up with a fancy explanation for how the mustard seed is the smallest of all seeds when I know full well it isn't. And maybe these "mistakes" apply to bigger issues. Maybe when Mark says that Jesus was crucified the day after the Passover meal was eaten (Mark 14:12; 15:25) and John says he died the day before it was eaten (John 19:14)—maybe that is a genuine difference. Or when Luke indicates in his account of Jesus's birth that Joseph and Mary returned to Nazareth just over a month after they had come to Bethlehem (and performed the rites of purification Luke 2:39), whereas Matthew indicates they instead fled to Egypt (Matt. 2:19-22), maybe that is a difference. Or when Paul says that after he converted on the way to Damascus he did not go to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before him (Gal. 1:16-17), whereas the book of Acts says that that was the first thing he did after leaving Damascus (Acts 9:26) maybe that is a difference.

Im sorry but this for is me unacceptable, if its acceptable to you, thats your loss.

Aceday, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  20. Aceday

Aceday Banned

Best Answers:
    Well i can tell you that was not me, but if you think thats bad, you should see the bigoted crap ive been getting for the past 2 weeks in my rep comments.

Aceday, Nov 21, 2007 IP