1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are your thoughts on Islam?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by proteindude, Oct 29, 2007.

1. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    BTW I picture you sitting alone clutching a cross, thinking evil and twisted thoughts, having a huge superiority complex, but all the time thinking you're a good christian simply because you go to church.

:rolleyes:

GRIM, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  2. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seriously now I am laughing again (not as much as before though). You don't get it. You really made my day :D

Sometimes you crack me up. OK, so far only once. :D

proteindude, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  3. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No I get it, you don't have anything of substance so instead you post your usual crap.

You get off on posting crap, just like usual your posts are not even worthy of being responded to. With the exception of proving you wrong, that however is so damn easy, and to show others that most christians are not hateful, intolerant fools such as yourself.

GRIM, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  4. proteindude

Best Answers:
    There you go with your accusations AGAIN. I don't think I've shown myself being disrespectful to you. Apart from that joke which really cracked me up because of your response.

Sometimes you should lighten up buddy. Perhaps that's a little hard to do when your name is GRIM :confused:

And when you are right I admit it. Like when you proved me wrong ONCE.

But really, that response was funny. :D

5. homeloans1

homeloans1 Peon

Best Answers:
    No i didn't read it. Too long and i've read enough on this topic in the past, it's always the same discussion with the same points being made by both parties involved. ;)

I have no belief in any religion, my position is that governments should not sponsor any religion like they do in the US and other countries around the world. Religion should be a matter of personal choice and remain private, not by birth and not sponsored by any public authority. A religion is a successful sect, let's be frank.

Fundamentalists from the US and Saudi Arabia are best friends, don't get fooled by their apparent antagonist behaviour.

Americans is the most religious modern country, and also the most aggressive in both military and morality. You can draw your own conclusion.

Western Europe is the least religious part of the world and also currently the most peaceful. Draw your own conclusion.

Hate on Islam is a tool for many US politicians, hate on Occident is a tool for many Islamic politicians, hate on Israel is a tool for both Islamic and Occidental extremists. Don't fall in their trap. Stay way from this debate that nobody is going to win, you are just indirectly helping US and Islamic poltiicians to stay in control.

I like philosophy. The secular population does have ethics and values.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confucianism

homeloans1, Nov 2, 2007 IP
    GRIM likes this.
  6. homeloans1

homeloans1 Peon

Best Answers:
    In a utopist world, it would be great to have philosophers and sages as the world leaders. No corporate influence, no military influence, no religious influence.

Think about it.

7. proteindude

Best Answers:
    If I was GRIM, I would accuse you of attacking religious dudes because you said no religious influence. That's what he said in regards to a post where I questioned Islam.

But I am NOT GRIM so I don't think you were doing anything other than expressing your view. But regarding no religious influence: the communists had no religious influence and look at what they did.

8. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    find it really funny the whole contradiction on how right wingers view islam

on one hand they want to attack, bomb, invade and kill muslims and their countries as much as possible and get mad when people suggest otherwise

but then in the next breathe they talk about helping, spreading freedom etc

often the same people who talk about the good we are doing in iraq, such as building schools and providing health care, don't want our government to spend their "tax money" on providing those same services to americans

ferret77, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  9. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    Not Muslims terrorist, unless you are insinuating terrorists are Muslims and vice versa, but from what i have been told, Muslims would never do such terrible things.

The good we are doing is for the muslims

sb1234, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  10. homeloans1

homeloans1 Peon

Best Answers:
    ferret77, it's just government PR.

The US government re-builds hospitals and schools destroyed by ..... the US military and they fund the re-building with..... Iraqi oil money.

Iraqi or US citizens don't win nothing but the Defense Industry and their pro-war lobby in Washington DC (that goes up to the US President) do. It's good for their image and their pockets.

11. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    yeah but when you bomb or invade a country, or nuke iran as some get a woody thinking about, most of people who end up dead aren't the people who were being targeting

ferret77, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  12. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    they bomb known terrorist hideouts, if someone is associating with terrorist they are not at all innocents, if they are not terrorist they should not be there

The technology used is very acurate.

sb1234, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  13. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There was more than one time, it was only one time used as an example ;)
    Fair enough ;) Good post as well BTW.
    I mistook your original post, your more thoughtful post shows your true stance, I appeciate it.
    The difference is you continue to start threads for this cause. You also dismiss anything that proves you wrong.

Good thing you brought up communists again, perfect example. You fail to realize it was done for absolute power, not simply because of 'atheism' you however still refuse to see that in that thread ;)

GRIM, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  14. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Iraq was not a 'terrorist' hideout ;)

GRIM, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  15. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    i didnt say it was, but since you brought it up, would you consider saddam hussein a terrorist?

sb1234, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  16. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    yeah and what is the kill radius for a nuke ?

and how accurate is a ground invasion?

you know he was our friend a few years ago, right?

ferret77, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  17. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    A brutal dictator yes, a terrorist NO. Especially not apart of the terrorists we are fighting, he actually opposed them..

GRIM, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  18. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
  19. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    GRIM, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  20. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    Ground troops attack those who attack them, dont want to get killed, dont shoot your gun at the troops

America considers all people friends untill they prove unfriendly

sb1234, Nov 2, 2007 IP