1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are your thoughts on Islam?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by proteindude, Oct 29, 2007.

1. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Grim, please don't start blaming Christianity for terrorist, let the terrorist have credit where it is due - their own beliefs. Their terrorism isn't about Christianity as much as it is about all humanity. They will kill anyone from any religion or lack thereof.

debunked, Nov 1, 2007 IP
  2. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am not blaming Christians, my point was 'radicals' ;)
    There are radicals in all religions.................

GRIM, Nov 1, 2007 IP
  3. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To everyone reading my posts: I am not looking for sympathy. You can accuse me of hate, intolerance, attacking Islam or whatever you may perceive me to be.
    But one thing NONE of you managed to do is show me something positive.
    You can keep on ranting Grim about my "posts" but one thing I am NOT is I am not aiming for popularity.
    Too bad if you can't call a spade for what it is.
    But one thing does puzzle me: why is is that "atheists" and leftists when it comes to religion seem so eager to defend Islam and bag Christianity? A bit like when there is some conspiracy theory you are the first to bag the American government and excuse the Islamists? This is just a question and not an attack on Islam.

But hey: take it as you wish. You can call it an attack but I would appreciate an answer to my question (or attack if this is what you call it).

And one other thing: I am not "friends" with anyone here in the sense that I don't know anyone from dp neither do Iexchange pm's with anyone here.

proteindude, Nov 1, 2007 IP
  4. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    :rolleyes:

#1 I am not a liberal
    #2 I am not an athiest.
    #3 If I read thread after thread about a muslim bashing christians I'd do the same to them.

I am not defending anyone, other than it's their right to practice their religion.

People who attack other religions, who are radical cause wars, cause terrorism, cause much worse things than they will admit to. That goes for radicals on all sides, not just muslim or christian.

They have answered your question over and over, yet you continue to act as though they have not. Your question is obviously a way to start a confrontation, it is not a simple question, far from it :rolleyes:

GRIM, Nov 1, 2007 IP
  5. proteindude

Best Answers:
    I didn't see the answer. Do you mind posting it?

You remind me of that commercial about John Kerry windsurfing. I don't exactly see what you stand for GRIM. Is it popularity?

As I understand it everyone should have the opportunity to express his/her views. Or should we run that by you first to see what constitutes an attack or a valid question?

6. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you learn to read :rolleyes:

Stand for, lol give me a break. I stand for not letting trolls like you lie, cheat and steal. To me that's about what you do. You sit here and try to act all high and mighty, try to bully people who do not believe what you believe.

Popularity, again you're a funny guy. If I wanted popularity I'd stick to one side, I however will and do question all sides.

You are free to express your views, just as I'm free to call you for what you are. A blow hard, radical who falsely believes he is religious when in fact he's a disgrace to the religion he claims.

GRIM, Nov 1, 2007 IP
  7. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What you posted, now imagine if someone had posted

Yeah I bet you would take that as an honest question :rolleyes:
    You're doing the same exact crap in this thread as you did in your 'atheist' thread that you also got totally owned in.

Your argument is almost identical, the same radical rhetoric over and over.

Actually I believe you're a broken record in more than one way ;)

GRIM, Nov 1, 2007 IP
  8. proteindude

Best Answers:
    Why don't you teach me GRIM? So the great quotes coming from the Quran are:....? Because you said my questions were answered but still I asked you to post them and you din not.

Stand for, lol give me a break. I stand for not letting trolls like you lie, cheat and steal. To me that's about what you do. You sit here and try to act all high and mighty, try to bully people who do not believe what you believe.

I can see how independent you are and how you question all sides :rolleyes:

I was going to reply a little more but I just deleted the post because I realise there is no much point in bringing up the subject of religion when it comes to you. After all, you don't even go to church and you still know about religion.

9. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Proteindude, read through the thread.

You bypass and don't acknowledge every time a quote you demand is listed. :rolleyes:

Independant, you're the one starting these types of threads NOT the other way around. :rolleyes:

Where are the threads that are started bashing Christians recently? Show me them and I'll look them over and respond.

You think you're a good christian, when in fact you're exactly the type of person I was taught to fight against in my church ;)

--Like a false patriot, you are in fact a false christian.--

Knowing a few bible passages does not make you a good christian BTW.

GRIM, Nov 1, 2007 IP
  10. proteindude

Best Answers:
    I won't take up in depth the subject of Christianity with you since you don't even attend church regularly and yet you pretend to know what a Christian is.

Anyway, why not make things easier and instead of empty claims you show me that great quote presented to me on this thread that sums up Islam? Or at least gives me an indication. because you're the independant one and the real patriot whatever your definition of a patriot really is.

11. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yet again going to church is not a requirement is it? :rolleyes:
    Going to church does not make someone a christian :rolleyes:
    Now it's a quote that sums up Islam, before it was just any great quote, a quote was not also your 'original question'

There have been multiple quotes listed in this thread, all of which you bypassed over or dismissed. :rolleyes:

It's obvious you have no intention of even acknowledging any 'great quote' all you want to do is bash anything that is not your own religion. Just like you did in the athiest thread, just like you do all the time.

You are no true Christian, you are far from it.

GRIM, Nov 1, 2007 IP
  12. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I got bored after the first few pages.
    Perhaps if you were serious of actually asking a question you should not start out your post with insulting another religion.

GRIM, Nov 1, 2007 IP
  13. proteindude

Best Answers:
    What is a true Christian in your opinion GRIM?

The reason I asked for a specific quote is because you didn't give me any. So that is why I thought I ask you for something specific. I thought I would make it easier for you. Muslims make a claim that their religion is superior to any other: yes or not?

Muslims have a right to make that claim. I am not stopping them. Muslims say Mohammed is the greatest of all prophets. True or not?

So if Mohammed is the greatest of the prophets should not he come up with better/greater quotes or revelations than the ones found in the Bible or any other book?

Or is every question above another attack? I don't get you sometime mr Islam apologist.

14. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    For starters, not someone like you who is full of hate for anyone who does not believe the way you do.

Every religion claims/thinks theirs is superior. Do you not think the christian religion is superior?
    Giving quotes to you is useless as you are so blind by your radical 'false religious' eyes you refuse to see them. You did it in the other thread as well ;)

Proteindude if you honestly think you are not attacking and 'simply asking a question' with your threads you trully need to check yourself into a mental institute.

I am not an Islamist apologist, I however will appologize for frauds such as yourself that give christians a bad name.

BTW I get you, you are nothing more than a radical false christian, one who doesn't know much other than a few bible versus and lie filled propoganda against any religion other than his own. You often post false information, some of the same info I have proven you incorrect on before.

Do some research, you really need to get a better argument, and some actual facts, a little less hate might be a good thing as well.

GRIM, Nov 1, 2007 IP
  15. nickstan

nickstan Peon

Best Answers:
    GRIM, proteindude will just answer your answer with more question. It's hard to make someone who has stored his believes behind a vault to say he is wrong!

It's kind of sad to see someone who strongly belives in something only to know in the end what they believe is nothing more than just make believes.

proteindude, I do sincerly hope that you move to the right path. No matter if you are Christians, Muslim or a Jew, we are all humans made by the same thing/material/person/god! We all have our flaws and goodness in ourselves. No one deserve to bekilled just based on their religion even if what you were to believe in say so! Every human are equal!

nickstan, Nov 1, 2007 IP
  16. proteindude

Best Answers:
    Let me make one thing PERFECTLY CLEAR: I DO NOT HATE MUSLIMS. I am not a big fan of their religion and that is a fact. I however DO NOT hate them. Neither do I hate gays or atheists or liberals. I don't approve of their lifestyles/views but I don't hate them.

You are accusing me of something I am not. If you are trying to step on my toes or trying to bug me with this false accusations it's not working.

Again, I see you completely avoided giving me a quote and just kept on rambling how bad I am and so on. Of course I think the Christian religion is superior? I do believe all religions are NOT the same. Let me remind you of another quote from the founder of Christianity himself: "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6 Let me ask you, do you believe in this? Because this means ONLY those who believe in Him.

I am not sure what other thread you're reffering to. Maybe I hate someone else besides muslims according to your insinuations despite the fact I told you that I do NOT hate anyone.

There you go again. You proved me wrong once on one thing and I ACCEPTED IT. I ADMITTED I WAS WRONG. Therefore I am not perfect and I accept correction. I will say it again: GRIM PROVED ME WRONG ONCE. I am waiting for you to prove me wrong again about Islam and about how I hate muslims or whoever.

I have to make a confession. As soon as I read your reply I had this image of you and Grim holding hands and hoping through a meadow.

Guess what: I agree with what you said above. I think you better read my posts rather than look at the grim picture that GRIM is trying to paint of me.

But one correction in what you said: I disagree that in the end it will be proven that my religion is nothing more than make believe (to use your words).

17. Aceday

Aceday Banned

Best Answers:
    It amazes me how one person can lie to themself so much, you have repeatedly been given quotes, then you simply claim Christianity is superior and THEN when i show you how corrupt it is, say we are changing the subject.

The delusion of proteindude:
    ------------------

You dont even have much that resemble the true teachings of Christ.

Bart D. Ehrman http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart_D._Ehrman
    It is a short interview and there are no muslims on it.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1401540kmr5NmWT

---------------------------------------------------------

Aceday, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  18. proteindude

Best Answers:
    Ace: the quote Ace the quote!!! Give me the quote. Because at the end of the day I have no idea who wrote the Bible or the Noble Quran. I wasn't there supervising and I think neither were you. But the teachings of both books are found in the books. So which teachings of the Noble Quran are superior?

I am still waiting. And this is NOT an attack on you or your religion. It's just a question. A simple question which can show me the superiority of your beliefs and teachings. Is that too much to ask?

proteindude, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  19. bfebrian

bfebrian Peon

Best Answers:
    from another thread that you started
    tell me, if that not a hate thread?

bfebrian, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  20. Aceday

Aceday Banned

Best Answers:
    Proteindude: Read the noble Quran for yourself, if i give you one - you change the subject like before ;) ... also i wont sum up my whole religioun in a single quote, its an insult.

THE BIBLE

Old Testament
    New Testament
    Dead Sea Scrolls
    THE QURAN

Quran Means "Recitation"
    Only One Version - Arabic
    Memorized by Millions - Entirely
    Each Muslim Has "Quran" Memorized
    God Speaks in First Person to Mankind in Quran
    Quran Mentions Itself
    Quran Describes God's Nature Exactly
    Quran Challanges Readers
    Scientific Miracles in Quran
    - COMPARISON of BIBLE & QURAN-

Bible is Collection of Writings -
    Quran is Recitation From God to Muhammad (p)

"Bible" is NOT in the Bible
    Bible Curses Church Fathers Who REMOVED Book of Revelations
    Whose Word Is It?
    Are There Mistakes?
    How Did Judas Die?
    Who is the Author?
    Continues in next post...

Aceday, Nov 2, 2007 IP