1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are the uses of PERL and cold fusion?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by adamsavis, Dec 20, 2012.

Hai to all,

This is adamsavis. I am doing my project. While doing I got a doubt. what is the use of PERL and cold fusion. my friend suggest that use this. can you please explain the features of these two.

Thank you & Regards

adamsavis

Rxonlineshopee

adamsavis, Dec 20, 2012 IP
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Both are server-side languages, used to write code that runs on the server.

Rukbat, Dec 20, 2012 IP
  3. juliobeaupre

juliobeaupre Peon

Best Answers:
    Perl is a programming language that is used to create server-side web applications. ColdFusion is a programming language based on standard HTML that is used to write dynamic web pages.

juliobeaupre, Dec 20, 2012 IP
  4. Deluxious

Deluxious Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Perl and ColdFusion both do (basically) the same things as PHP or ASP.NET: process information at the server before it's sent to the user's browser.

They're just different language styles, and they're supported by different organizations. Pick the one you like and are most comfortable with, and just use that.

Deluxious, Dec 22, 2012 IP
  5. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The main difference is that PHP (on Linux servers) and ASP (on Windows servers) come with the hosting account. (So does Perl on most accounts.) Cold Fusion requires an additional program to be installed on the server (which some hosting companies won't let you do), and the real one (there are OS clones) isn't free.

Rukbat, Dec 22, 2012 IP
  6. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Which is a hefty part of why in this day and age ColdFusion has gone the way of the dodo excepting a handful of die-hard holdouts.

Were that we could say the same about certain other Adobe web development products -- but as I've said a thousand times (or more) when it comes to Adobe Products for web development the only thing about them which can be considered professional grade tools are the people promoting their use.

deathshadow, Dec 22, 2012 IP
  7. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And the accountants managing their profits, which is about the only real use for their "products".

Rukbat, Dec 23, 2012 IP
  8. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Cornerstone of any modern business -- exploit the ignorance of others to make a buck. Sure as hell isn't about offering a product of value at a reasonable price anymore.

deathshadow, Dec 23, 2012 IP