1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are the tips to creating a catchy and creative domain name?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by stesh, Nov 18, 2015.

i have been going through the threads and in stead of buying one. A question came to me, but i didn't have a concrete answer for myself...to those in the field, what does it take to have a catchy and creative domain name?

stesh, Nov 18, 2015 IP
  2. CheapWebhosting.lk

CheapWebhosting.lk Member

Best Answers:
    Hi buddy,

first let me tell you the characteristics of a good domain name.

-Short
    -Easy to Type
    -Easy to Remember
    -Based on a Well known extension (.com / .net / .co / .org / .biz).
    (if your target audioences are within your country, then better to use the cctld (country code top level domain. example : yoursite.co.uk ) unless the .com is unavailable.

Catchy / brandable domain names are usually created / made words by you with above characteristics. you might not find a meaning in the dictionary for this. A good example of a catchi domain name is flickr.com

You can also find catchy domain names at brandbucket.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    CheapWebhosting.lk, Nov 19, 2015 IP
  3. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    It really depends on niche. If it is rare niche then you can find tons of great domains, but for competitive domains, here are the tips--

(1) Choose one word that is most suitable for your website as first step and make up you mind to get a domain around that word with tld of your choice (mostly .com)
    (2) See if you can abbreviate that word. if possible then use it and you'll get great domains.
    (3) think of 1 and 2 letter words which can be added (before or after) with your main word. For eg-- e, i, u, my, to, do, no, we, an, at, be, go, he, if, in ok, of, on, so , re, to, up like that.
    (4) If no word fits well with your main word then go for 3 letter words (find some words from http://www.wordfind.com/3-letter-words/)

Motive should be --- shortest + meaningful + .com (or regional tld like .fr, .es etc)

Hope this will help.

Mr_Kumar, Nov 26, 2015 IP