1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are the steps to create a responsive website design?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Netizens Technologies, Mar 29, 2023.

A responsive website is a website that is designed and coded to adapt to different screen sizes and devices, such as smartphones, tablets, and desktops. A responsive website responds to the user's behavior and environment based on screen size, platform, and orientation.

What are the steps to create a responsive website design?

Netizens Technologies, Mar 29, 2023 IP
  2. wpchop

wpchop Peon

Best Answers:
    Nowadays all themes/templates are responsive by default, do you mean creating the design of a site or developing a site and looking for some best CSS practices?

wpchop, Mar 31, 2023 IP
  3. achugg

achugg Member

Best Answers:
    Are you creating a new theme/template from scratch for someone? I don't think we have enough context to answer.

achugg, Apr 2, 2023 IP
  4. CarolWWW

CarolWWW Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    1. Set Appropriate Responsive Breakpoints.
    2. Start with a Fluid Grid.
    3. Take touchscreens into consideration.
    4. Define Typography.
    5. Use a pre-designed theme or layout to save time.
    6. Test Responsiveness on Real Devices.

CarolWWW, Apr 5, 2023 IP
  5. denis bayly

denis bayly Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

The first step is to create meaningful content [​IMG]
    Any further steps will, of course, be dependent.
    on this prime one.

coothead

denis bayly, Apr 5, 2023 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    doing your homework?

sarahk, Apr 5, 2023 IP
  7. MidnightPhoenix

MidnightPhoenix Peon

Best Answers:
    The following short procedures should be followed if you wish to construct a responsive website design:
    • You should first decide on the layout, structure, and material you want to add to my website. A responsive design framework like Bootstrap, Foundation, or Materialize is then your option.

• Use a mobile-first strategy and start developing tiny screen sizes before scaling up to provide a pleasant user experience. Additionally, it's important to optimize pictures and media for quick loading times and employ flexible graphics and fluid grids that can adapt to various screen sizes and resolutions. Using CSS media queries, you may apply various styles and layouts based on the size and orientation of the screen.

• Once a design has been produced, it should be tested and improved for speed and performance across all devices.
    Website design may need some work, but it's worthwhile. You may also think about collaborating with a team that creates software solutions, including websites, user interfaces, MVPs for startups, and thorough consulting services. This partnership might be a great opportunity for you, whether you want to expand your current business or build a successful startup. Good fortune!

MidnightPhoenix, Apr 18, 2023 IP
  8. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Aka how to bend yourself over the log and squeal like a pig in one easy lesson. The ONLY thing you can learn from the halfwit dumbass broken bloated middle finger to sane and rational design that are HTML/CSS frameworks is how NOT to use HTML or CSS!

Since derpy idiocy like:
    class="text-400-red text-center font-lg"

Is the EXACT SAME MENTAL-HUFFING MIDGETRY as:
    <center><font color="red" size="+2">

Dialing practices back to the worst of the Monday Night Wars. That's why incompetent trash like Bootcrap and Failwind are a monument to 1997 development practices!

Would you like to know more?

There's a reason morons and predators like Adam Wathan are nothing more than frauds. Taking advantage of people who never learned enough about HTML or CSS to even know what "easier" or "better" even is.

Thus EVERY SINGLE BLASTED CLAIM OF MERIT assigned to these ignorant incompetent ineptly slopped together "frameworks" is a BALD FACED LIE!!!

Hell, the mere fact not a one of these gormless witless hapless helpless fonts of stupidity can be bothered to use the media attribute should tell you how little these twaddles know about HTML!

Now that said, the PROPER approach to actual design is:

1) Quality content or at minimum a reasonable facsimily of future content arranged in a flat text editor so it makes sense, as if even HTML doesn't exits.

2) Markup that content semantically, saying what things ARE structurally and grammatically, NOT WHAT YOU WANT THEM TO LOOK LIKE!!!. You should avoid saying what things look like as much as possible since in all but the rarest of corner cases doing so takes a steaming dump on load times, caching models, network parallelism, and quite possibly accessibility. Since this is the SEMANTIC step that means no semantically neutral tags like DIV or SPAN yet.

3) Bend that markup to your will with your media="screen" style to make the first of many possible layouts, remembering that what things looks like belongs in your external stylesheet (where it can be cached and loaded in parallel with other files). This is where/when you add DIV and SPAN but only as needed and as neutral meaningless hooks for style without saying what that style is. Say why it's getting style and/or what the element or group of elements is!

I suggest starting with desktop layout because it's easier to take away from that than to add it later. Thus step four...

4) Narrow the layout until it breaks, use that as a break point to apply media query corrections.

5) Lather, rinse, repeat step 4 until down to narrowest layout.

6) If required, create a media="print" stylesheet as well.

Note that a lot of stuff people throw media queries at can oft be done without if you leverage the natural flow behavior or apply stuff like flex-wrap or elastic column declarations.

The layout process should when possible be three things:

Semi-fluid : Allowed to expand and contract to the available screen space, but with a max-width so that long paragraphs or other large content isn't hard to follow.

Elastic : Everything declared in EM or REM and NOT PX so that it automatically adjusts to the user's font-size preferences. If you declare much of anything in pixels, you have failed to divine how layout even works, are telling large swaths of users both with and without accessibility needs to go f*** themselves, and in general need to back the blazes away from the keyboard and take up something a bit less detail oriented like macramé.

Hi there Ren, Its been a little while. Did you miss me?
    You thought you'd buried me, didn't you? Risky...
    Because I always come back, deep down you know that.
    Deep down you know I'm always in periphery.

Responsive : Adjusting the layout removing stuff like columns or even hiding entire sections behind modal controls so as to best fit the available screen space.

THAT is design. Dicking around with dipshit frameworks, spanking your crank in a paint program like Photoshop or Figma, shoe-horning content into predesigned broken "components", or taking tracking turds like bootcrap all over the Internet's carpets isn't.

Thus why so many "artists" under the DELUSION they're some type of "web designer" are nothing of the sort. See why most of what the artists and framework using "front end developers" vomit up can't even use legible fonts or even legible colour contrasts!

But let me tell you what I really think.

deathshadow, Apr 27, 2023 IP
  9. wMarketingD

wMarketingD Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Have you ever used wordpress before?

They basic templates are usually responsive. Its quite easy these days, especially with YouTube free tutorials

wMarketingD, Apr 27, 2023 IP
  10. Usielani

Usielani Peon

Best Answers:
    Creating a responsive website design involves several steps. Here's an overview of the process: Planning: Define your website's goals, target audience, and key features. Consider how your content will adapt to different screen sizes and prioritize the most important elements. Content Organization: Structure your content in a logical hierarchy, considering what information should be presented first on smaller screens and how it can expand on larger screens. Use wireframes or mockups to visualize the layout. Mobile-First Approach: Start designing and developing your website with a mobile-first approach. Begin with the smallest screen size and then progressively enhance the design for larger screens. This ensures a solid foundation for responsiveness. Fluid Grids: Use CSS grid systems or frameworks that allow your content to adapt to different screen sizes. Design your layout using percentages or relative units rather than fixed pixels. This enables content to automatically adjust its size and placement. Flexible Images and Media: Optimize images for the web and use CSS techniques like max-width to ensure they scale proportionally on different devices. Employ responsive embeds or media queries to handle different media types, such as videos or interactive elements. Media Queries: Implement media queries in your CSS to apply different styles based on the screen size. Media queries allow you to define specific rules for different breakpoints, making your design adapt accordingly. Common breakpoints include small mobile, large mobile, tablet, and desktop. Responsive Typography: Use relative units like em or rem for font sizes to ensure they adjust according to the screen size. Consider readability and legibility across different devices and make appropriate adjustments. Navigation and Interactions: Design your navigation menus and interactive elements to be easily accessible and usable on all screen sizes. Consider using mobile-friendly navigation patterns like hamburger menus or collapsible menus. Testing and Optimization: Test your website on various devices, screen sizes, and orientations to ensure it behaves as intended. Make necessary adjustments to fix any issues or inconsistencies. Optimize your website's performance by minimizing file sizes, using caching techniques, and leveraging browser caching. Iteration: Continuously monitor and improve your website's responsiveness based on user feedback, analytics, and emerging design trends. Update your design and code as needed to enhance the user experience across different devices. Remember, creating a responsive website design is an ongoing process that requires continuous monitoring and improvement to keep up with evolving technologies and user expectations, so if you do not have much experience in design, but you want to implement an adaptive design on your business website, then I would advise you to seek help from design experts https://tech-stack.com/services/ui-ux-design

Usielani, May 26, 2023 IP
  11. miabaker

miabaker Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, I’m also looking for some steps to create a responsive website design. I know that responsive web design is about using HTML and CSS to make web pages that adapt to different screen sizes and resolutions. I’ve learned some basics of HTML and CSS, but I need more guidance on how to use modern techniques like CSS variables, Flexbox, and Grid.

That’s why I’m thinking about hiring a professional web development company to help me out. I’ve found CodeIT, a custom web development company that has a lot of expertise and awards in responsive web design. They can create stunning web applications that work well on all devices. They use the latest web standards and best practices for accessibility, performance, and usability. You can check out their website here: https://codeit.us/

miabaker, May 26, 2023 IP
  12. phoenixtropicals

phoenixtropicals AdsP2p.net Peer To Peer Web Advertising Premium Member

Best Answers:
    I start with a bootstrap template. CSS skill is really specialty so its easier ride on the coattails of someone who is an expert. Even if you have to pay for it, it will save you tons of time.

phoenixtropicals, Jul 25, 2023 IP
  13. Flowzai

Flowzai Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nowadays, most of the design/templates are responsive by default. But if you want to know more then I say you can focus:

Planning and Research
    Content Strategy
    Wireframing
    Design and Layout
    Mobile-First Approach
    Fluid Grids
    Media Queries
    Images and Media
    Testing
    Performance Optimization
    Cross-Browser Compatibility
    User Testing
    Accessibility

Flowzai, Oct 4, 2023 IP
  14. phoenixtropicals

phoenixtropicals AdsP2p.net Peer To Peer Web Advertising Premium Member

Best Answers:
    For a simple website like my gardening website you can role your on "responsiveness". There are just a couple things you need to know like the media query in css and using the view width to size things like images. If you want to ride on someone else's coat tails then you can use a bootstrap template but your cost for "making it easier" will be inheriting a lot of "black box" code and trail error when weird stuff happens. You could also use a website like Wix and dodge HTML and CSS altogether but then you will be married to Wix for all eternity (unless you want to start over) because there is no way to export your site and take it somewhere else.

phoenixtropicals, Oct 4, 2023 IP