1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are the most useful money saving tricks?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by shimeles, May 25, 2016.

Is some help me how i can save money

shimeles, May 25, 2016 IP
  2. kimanierick

kimanierick Member

Best Answers:
    Well there are a lot of ways to safe money, but you have to say on what you would like to save money. Is it on electronics, clothes, setting up your business or something else. If you want to save money in grocery shopping and other every day activities, you have numerous stores everywhere around the world where you can buy products that are much cheaper than in other stores and supermarkets. Also you can buy furniture, and other things from large shopping centers and use their weekend deals and many other things they offer to attract customers. If you provide the right information on what you would like to save money we can provide you with quality information how you can do that.

kimanierick, May 26, 2016 IP
  3. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The ONLY way to save money is to NOT spend money!

mmerlinn, May 28, 2016 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  4. robinbd4u

robinbd4u Active Member

Best Answers:
    A habit could help you to save money. When in your money bag or on your hand have lots of money or notes then put 60 percent or 70 percent money in hidden pocket or bank. Make the target not to spend money from your hidden pocket or bank.

robinbd4u, May 28, 2016 IP
  5. Jese.janet

Jese.janet Banned

Best Answers:
    First save some from your earning; then spend the remaining called real saving.
    Its the best trick to manage your expense within your earning while saving too.

Jese.janet, Jun 14, 2016 IP
  6. Julie Fountain

Julie Fountain Member

Best Answers:
    saving money and then spending on your expenses is the best way to make your bank balance grow for your bad times.

Julie Fountain, Jun 27, 2016 IP
  7. jv1999

jv1999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't leave lights on
    Weather-proof your house. AC/Heat can be expensive.
    always use coupons

jv1999, Jun 27, 2016 IP
  8. vimps

vimps Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    better to think earn more,money will automatically save................:)

vimps, Jan 11, 2017 IP
  9. Naresh Seo

Naresh Seo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Your Hard Work

Naresh Seo, Jan 11, 2017 IP
  10. mkkhatri

mkkhatri Member

Best Answers:
    Stop or avoid unnecessary expanses..!

mkkhatri, Jan 11, 2017 IP
  11. henry_phliph

henry_phliph Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi guys,

Before getting salary usually make one EXCEL file using date, then i will do put on my expense. After that i will do make one tap mention like saving
    then i will do put amount .
    Then i will not touch that amount, year end that amount i try put some investment.
    its my way of saving.

Shabeer Shukoor

henry_phliph, Jan 13, 2017 IP
  12. ulterios

ulterios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Shop around for the best price for things you NEED and don't pull out your wallet, input your credit card number or log into Paypal unless you really NEED what you are considering buying.

Always remember, NEED and WANT are two different things. Once you know the difference between them then you should be able to save some money! ;)

ulterios, Jan 15, 2017 IP
  13. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    saving money is not always as simple as "stop spending", and the correct answer will vary greatly depending on the person circumstances.
    Sometimes to save money, you need to spend money.

Rent / accomodation
    There are times when you can save money by living in the cheapest accommodation... but then there are other times when you can save money by paying more for accommodation, but being closer to work. (ie, you save transport). But where you live is the first place to look at saving money. Depending on your needs, you may be able to live cheaply with friends, family. Or look into renting a room and sharing a house with someone.
    There are some people that might live in areas where they have to have a car for transport. This is why it might be better to pay more for rent, and save on transport. AND or, live near good public transport, so that you do not need a car.

If you cannot change where you live, perhaps change where you work. For me, I could work closer to home and earn 10% less, and still save more money, (or even earn more money), as I save having to use the car, and or, can use the time that I would normally be stuck in traffic into earning overtime. so even a pay cut, but close to home that you can walk or ride a bike to, will save you money when compared to driving long distance each and every day.

Transport
    Really bad idea to buy a car. You spend $10k, and its value sharply runs down to $0, all the while needing constant and nonstop money for expenses, and you are always at risk of it being damaged or stolen.

IF you have a car and you cannot get rid of it. Have a look at the cost in fuel, maintence, and work out if you can actually save money by getting another vehicle. This sounds strange, spending money to save money, but I once got really bad financial debt after buying a crappy car, (i went from having savings, to suddenly massive debt, with no way to repay) and had no choice but to borrow more money, to buy another car that used less fuel, and needed less maintence. The crappy car was using (in todays petrol pricing) approx $200aud EXTRA in fuel a week compared to a normal car. So getting another car was 'saving' $10k a year on fuel.
    Look into doing basic maintence yourself... even checking tyre pressure weekly is a way of looking after your car, and can reduce your cars running costs. Changing your engine oil and filter yourself will save you money, and just pay a mechanic to do a tune up, and a look over once a year.
    If you really need a car, but can get to work by public transport then see if you can come to arrangements with people you live with to borrow their car. Typically, paying "$10 a day"that you use the car (and refill petrol used) would actually help to compensate for your use of the car. Use this concept with flatmates, friends, etc, and people will be happy to lend you their car for a weekend or whatever. Its stupid if you live with others with cars, and then need to buy your own car, and then that sits outside also not being used.... Likewise, if you own a car, but a good friend that wants to borrow it short term, charge them $10 a day (+ petrol), they save, and you save.

Banks
    For banks. I actually have multiple accounts. All of my accounts have no monthly fees, and no transaction fees (for me anyway), where in the past, some of my accounts I used to lose $5-$10 in fees each month. If you pay bank fees, look into whats available, and see if you can find a banking solution, that meets your needs with little or no fees. Also look into saving options. Most banks offer high interest savings accounts (with conditions), make the most of whats available.

Shopping
    You need to avoid impulse buying. What I do is I keep minimal amount of money in my main account-> I keep essentially only what I will need for the week, so spending is already planned on payday. The rest is hidden in high interest earning accounts that I can access in emergencies. This way when I go to the shops, I am not tempted to spend my money, as I keep only a little in my main account. I do big purchases from time to time, but this is not impulse buying, and is well planned out in advance.
    It is really important to shop around for a best deal, and not always a good idea to take the cheapest option either.

Food
    Food and water is a big issue. This is where most people burn their money. When you are hungry, you are less likely to care about saving. What you need to do is shop around, understand the basic value of things. Different shops will have basics at different prices. Start cooking at home, and always take food and drink with you when you go places. Like, if you go to work, and take 1L of water with you, on the way to work, if you get thirsty, you are less likely to spend money on something to drink.
    I understand the need to enjoy life and eat out, but seriously, mon-fri eat only food you prepared from home, and try to drink water (and take water with you when you go out). Silly to spend money everyday on fast food, then on the weekend you are too poor to go out for a proper restaurant. Skimp and save as much as possible, and you can enjoy nice restaurants from time to time as well.

Clothes.
    Different answer for different people. I spend ALOT, so that I save long term. In fact I have not brought a work shirt in over 10 years. I buy clothes like King Gee. Costs like $80AUD for a shirt, but lasts well over 10 years and some are still looking good (some are damaged badly). Its cheaper for me to buy king gee (uv resistant), then to buy $5 shirts that wear out after a few uses. My boots cost $200 at the shops, i save money by getting the exact same shoe from online... my boots are expensive but they last minimum 2 years, they are strong, protective and comfortable. I buy thick cargo pants as well. Costs a shitload, but again worth it, as it lasts.
    Depending on your work, you might have to buy nice dress clothes. Dont buy cheap rubbish that will last a few uses, buy something affordable yet durable, that will last you for a while.
    You 'can' buy second hand clothes. Its a good idea for jackets and stuff that lasts long term. Some people throw out clothes that are new, and near new, and second hand stores sell them cheaply. I am not too impressed with second hand clothes, but meh. Jackets are ok.

GIfts
    ALot of people spend too much on gifts each year. You need to understand that as family or a friend, you being there for the occasion is better then a gift. Sometimes it may be better to cook and bring food then to buy a gift. Sometimes you might feel you HAVE TO get a gift, I get it, but try to be practical. $5 of chocolate wrapped up, is better the borrowing $50 on the credit card that you have to pay back, for a gift that your friend will probly forget about before you pay off the debt.

Sometimes I buy gifts during the year when they are on special at the shops, stockpile them at home, and give them out on birthdays or christmas. Compared to buying all gifts in december, my xmas bill is lower then what it should be. It also means that I dont have a massive single bill, but rather costs spread out over the year.

Final thoughts.
    Keep a list of every expense you have. Look for ways you can change your lifestyle to reduce costs. For almost every expense, see if you can get a cheaper (or better) alternative.You might have an expense that can be reduced / removed just by investing a little money into a better solution.

Goodluck

matt_62, Jan 23, 2017 IP
  14. SnowPard

SnowPard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Drink more water.

Not only does drinking plenty of water have great health benefits — it has financial benefits, too. Drink a big glass of water before each meal in order to stay fuller longer and ultimately eat less. Not only will you save on the food bill, but you’ll also feel better after you become properly hydrated.

Even better, drinking more water — whether in a refillable bottle or at restaurants — means spending less money on beverages like soda, juice, and tea. Remember: Tap water is not only just as clean as bottled water, it’s also free.

SnowPard, Jan 23, 2017 IP
  15. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You are wrong here. It is SOMETIMES a bad idea to buy a car, not always as you imply here.

That said, I recently bought another vehicle. The one I was driving (and still can drive) has 430,000 (Yes, 430 THOUSAND) miles on it. I was becoming afraid to drive it long distances for fear of breakdown. Since I MUST drive about a thousand miles per week, driving a vehicle with that kind of mileage could be a costly mistake.

After looking for months, I found another used vehicle, same make, model, and year (and two months older), but with only 189,000 miles on it for only $300 TOTAL. My old vehicle was getting between 21 and 27 mpg, while the new one is only getting 20 to 21 mpg, but at least I have no fear of a breakdown. So far I have driven the new one 31,000 miles with the only major issue being front brakes. I expect to drive it another 200,000 miles (about 4 years) before I retire it. By then I should have recovered my $300 investment.

In the meantime I will be looking for another vehicle similar to my current one. I have worn out 2 previous vehicles of the same make and model, and I figure that I should live long enough to wear out 3 more. Had a chance 2 months ago to buy another one almost identical to these three for $800, but decided to pass since I did not have ready cash for it. If it had been $500, I would have borrowed the money, then stored it until I needed it.

Public transit is partially available, but there is no way that I can effectively use it for two reasons. First, public transport is not available between most of the places I need to be, and when it is, it often takes 5 or more hours as opposed to half hour driving. Second, there is no way I can carry what I need to have with me when using public transport and without that ability there is no way I can earn a living in my profession.

As anyone can see from the above, SOMETIMES it is WISE to buy a car. In this scenario, even if I could use public transport, the car would usually be less expensive moneywise, and always less expensive timewise as time does have value.

One of the most costly mistakes most people make with vehicles is to make special trips for everything. I never make a special trip except in emergencies. For example, if I need to buy food, I buy it wherever I am at between other destinations. Sure the food may be a bit more expensive at store A as opposed to store B, but with store A there is NO extra cost in transportation, and more importantly NO extra cost in time.

For years I used to drive 23 miles each way every day to/from work (can be done with public transport, but requires walking 3 miles, making 5 transfers, and takes 6 hours EACH way), about 46 miles per day, but since I never made special trips my total mileage per week came to about 300 miles per week just barely over the 6 round trips to work I made each week. Moving the workplace was not an option. Neither was moving my home since moving would have doubled my rent. Changing jobs was not an option short of moving to a different city. In this case, a vehicle getting 21+ mpg was the only option. Even at $4 per gallon I was spending less than $60 per week in fuel.

mmerlinn, Jan 23, 2017 IP
  16. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    that actually sounds like a really good car for $300, and sounds like it has been cheap to maintain as well, but that is not the norm for most car owners.

Where I work now, the public transport is useless, so no choice but to go by car. AND I still have to have a car for the family, but in the past, when I was just starting in the workforce, and very low paid, and unable to afford a car, I used public transport all the time, and it was a great way to save.

matt_62, Jan 23, 2017 IP