1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are the most important points for writing quality SEO content?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by monty2002, Feb 23, 2008.

Hi guys, I'm currently looking at having a tool developed which checks things like keyword density and duplicate content as you are writing...

I'm looking for any other suggestions for what should be checked when you are writing content, this can be anything you think might be appropriate, just fire them at me...

monty2002, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  2. lmhiih

lmhiih Peon

Best Answers:
    how about leading key pharases and linkage patterns

lmhiih, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  3. monty2002

monty2002 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the suggestion, im wondering about linkage patterns, how do you think this could be implemented?

monty2002, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  4. skard

skard Peon

Best Answers:
    The most important things when writing content, are the things that can't be checked by any tool, such as whether it is informative and interesting to a human being. Writing quality original content is the best optimisation you'll ever do, no matter how many keywords/phrases you insert. People who write for humans, not for search engines, will be favoured by both

skard, Feb 25, 2008 IP
    Jim4767 and funmom91 like this.
  5. Mikesblank

Mikesblank Active Member

Best Answers:
    ^ Too true. I'm sure lots of us are 'guilty of writing for search engines'.

Mikesblank, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  6. Wordsmith

Wordsmith Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is a copy of an earlier post I made.........

Ok lets get down to writing our article. Think about your site content. Basically I use a rule of thumb, I exclude all the major search terms for the content of my site. No point in competing with literally millions of others. There are many programs that allow you to collect the search words for your subject. Ok this is where I start doing things a little different..

Try not thinking search word and start thinking search phrase. It absolutely amazing how many search phrases are used when using the search engines. Forget words like 'television' and start thinking in terms of '32 inch flatscreen tv'. Forget 'free music' and think in terms of 'free music to download now'. Visitors will use the most obscure terms. Try to use the search box the way you would speak. Think of the age group that you are attracting and if it's teenagers for instance, you need to tone down the etiquette as the youth speak their own language! Mis-spelt words are also good, words such as 'z' 's' as in teens or teenz.

Ok we now have a set of search phrases so how do we use them? There is a specific way which will give you an advantage. Remember the search engines don't always index you whole article. They tend to make a decision based on the first few words that make sense. It's no use saturating your article with keywords. Far better to be sparing and sensible.

1. Make sure that your main search phrase is inserted within the first sentence making sure that this sentence make sense.

2. Insert the same key phrase once more in the first paragraph.

3. Insert the same key phrase in the rest of article. I find a 2% density is just about right, that is 2 keywords or key phrases to every 100 words.

If you do the basics correctly you will enhance your chances of recognition. Don't be fooled into thinking that the search engines need to see lot's of keywords. Be subtle, be clever and you will get your rewards. Remember also that it's vital that you have clear concise content that truly makes sense. One huge bonus is originality.

Do not.....
    Use programs to churn out content
    Ram your content with keywords
    Rewrite other articles
    Make certain your grammar is correct

It also is worth considering hiring professional. There are plent of good writers here, just give cheap offers a wide berth.

John Thompson

Wordsmith, Feb 25, 2008 IP
    Mikesblank likes this.
  7. adbullock

adbullock Peon

Best Answers:
    There really isn't enough that can be said about that. You'll never know how many websites I've bypassed because it was obvious the writing was geared to the search engines rather than the reader.

If I don't find the material relative, informative, and entertaining then I'm moving on with my money and my clicks.

adbullock, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  8. monty2002

Best Answers:
    I agree about the quality of the writing, but I still think optimizing it (seO) is very important, optimizing just means making better without losing quality, so I still think SEO content is relevant...

monty2002, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  9. Mikesblank

Mikesblank Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot wordsmith for the 3 points on keyword optimization. rep+!

Mikesblank, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  10. www.copywriting911.com

www.copywriting911.com Guest

Best Answers:
    Creating SEO content is not only about inserting keywords in body text - there exist much more critical factors. You can check the related SEOmoz research where all these issues are discussed in details.

www.copywriting911.com, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  11. Power_Writer

Power_Writer Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Monty knows all that stuff regarding quality content. He's asking about actual tangible, quantitative things that can be helped or assisted by a piece of software.

Personally, I think it's a great idea - I'd love to have a little Word App that told me my keyword density.

I have a suggestion - live word count update. Right now in Word, you need to actually click the Word Count button to get an updated word count. I think it would be better if it updated automatically.

Power_Writer, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  12. monty2002

Best Answers:
    Thanks power writer, you're understanding me now. In office 2007 the word count is shown at the bottom, but it is definitely something I will try and include, thanks!

Hopefully this app will be pretty useful, since it will just be an easy way for people to check their content is well optimized.

monty2002, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  13. writeon

writeon Active Member

Best Answers:
    I write a lot of seo stuff so I tend to agree with several views on here. Wordsmith is right about keyword density and placement - although I would go for inserting it in the final sentence as well.

Keywords should never interfere with the flow of what you are writing, clients who insist on awkward phrasing lose out here - I try to get them to agree to splitting the phrase, either throughout a sentence or by using a period or comma, which ever fits best in the natural flow - just my 2 cents

writeon, Mar 11, 2008 IP
  14. homme

homme Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok - so I've worked my way through several EASL writers and suddenly found a gem! A team of writers that are truly skillful in their art of crafting articles and content and have a fantastic business model to boot. How do I now maximise the impact of these articles? If I were to employ an seo consultant, what steps would they follow to ensure the maximum impact from each of these articles in terms of exposure and of course traffic?

Thanks

homme

homme, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  15. mariajames1

mariajames1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well the superior aboriginal agreeable is the best optimisation you'll anytime do, no amount how abounding keywords/phrases you insert. People who address for humans, not for seek engines,

mariajames1, Oct 11, 2012 IP
  16. workingaswriter

workingaswriter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Quality SEO content has SEO keywords with appropriate density and relevant keywords evenly distributed throughout the article.

workingaswriter, Oct 12, 2012 IP
  17. Lokahi

Lokahi Active Member

Best Answers:
    What about a tool that will measure length of sentences? That way you will know you have a mix of longer and shorter sentences, which might help flow.

Lokahi, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  18. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    Really Lokahi... You're responding to a thread that was started 5½ years ago that went silent until bumped 11 months ago. The last post was almost 1 year ago... The advice/information given in the thread is outdated. If you want to start a conversation about writing SEO articles, then create a new thread.

TextServices, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  19. Gloria Rosse

Gloria Rosse Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To write a quality SEO Content one should take care of some points. Content should be technically sound. It is very much important to select proper keywords. Last but not the least it should not be boring. Some interesting and eye catching part should be there which can attract readers.

Gloria Rosse, Nov 9, 2013 IP
  20. johnstyle6

johnstyle6 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Quality content is that content which is interesting when someone read it and it is user friendly that a simple person can accept it. Do not write words which meaning is so opposite which you want to say. Always use simple language to present your ideas.

johnstyle6, Dec 26, 2013 IP