1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Are The Five Most Important Steps To Your In Email Marketing?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by tkyles1009, Jan 22, 2013.

What are the five most important steps to your in email marketing? Mine are as follows:
    1. Make a Good First Impression
    2. Take advantage of Subject & Sender line
    3. Make Sure My Sender line is not Misleading
    4. Ask myself would I open this message
    5. Fill my email with content
    What are yours?

tkyles1009, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  2. jipolis7

jipolis7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    jipolis7, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  3. e-life

e-life Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    These are mine,
    1. Make my subject lines interesting and preofessional (use subject variables in the bulk email software)
    2. Use nice looking email template
    3. Try to make my mail content brief
    4. Leave my contact details and website link in it
    5. Make the unsubscribe link obvious to see
    If you want more email marketing tips, you can visit http://www.bulkemailtools.com/Email_Marketing_Tips/

e-life, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  4. chaithu

chaithu Member

Best Answers:
    I dont know any thing about email campagin .!
    But nice info thanks

chaithu, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  5. tenzho

tenzho Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah, Love email marketing!
    Here's mine...

1. Make good first impression
    2. Never send more than once per month (SPAM)
    3. Make good use of P.S
    4. Tidy format
    5. 1 Email, 1 Problem, 1 Solution

My #5 tip (1 email, 1 problem, 1 solution) is the principle that I use to build my relationship with my list and constantly made sales over the past few months. Your list will hate it when you provide them with unnecessary information and overload them with info.

Hope this helps,
    Tenzho Lee

tenzho, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  6. VisionzZolution

VisionzZolution Active Member

Best Answers:
    Although i'm not an expert in email marketing following will be my highest priority in email marketing

• Make it easy to find the next step
    • Link back to your website or social media page
    • Tell readers what you’re doing
    • Make things scannable
    • Show how you can solve a reader’s problem

VisionzZolution, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  7. tac88

tac88 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    My first thing that I like to have is a swipe file ..
    Second I like to build my list up of buyers oppose to freebie seekers 1 buyer subscriber is worth 100 freebie seeker..
    Third I ask myself what is my subscriber looking for and would like me to give to them.
    Offer as much quality content that is highly related but very little freebie stuff.

I learned that you train your list if you are always giving stuff away then that is what they will respond to !
    So I give extremely targeted offers along with quality and helpful resources..

tac88, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  8. malcsimm

malcsimm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OK here goes - but not sure I'll get to five!

1. Segment your list. This is one to stop you and make you think. The thing is, it's very hard to do this with Aweber (AW) and Get Response (GR) etc. You really have to have Insfusionsoft (if you've got lots of money to modify it - that's why so many of the gurus use it LOL) - or the less costly Office AutoPilot (OA).

Why "segment". Easy - because people respond much better to emails that are on target and related to their precise interests. So, you offer a free report to your list and get the ones who want it to sign up to another list (in OA you get the sign up form to add a tag to their contact record). Now, you have an email series of 7 or 8 emails you send JUST to that list. Set it up on autopilot and that is you targeting one segment - and not annoying the rest of your list wtih irrelevant emails.

2. Make friend with your list members. When they first sign up spend 4-5-6 emails just making friends, chatting, giving free information and generally getting them to trust you. It's really not a matter of "only email them once a month" or "only email them once a week". It's more a matter of what you send them. If you are hammering them with crappy offers even once a month is too often.

3. If you are getting them to buy something - an affiliate product - don't just send them one email and that's that. You need background info. So, educate them first about the topic, then send an email with the offer and maybe make a quick video (eg on Jing) giving background info about why they should use it. Then send the email twice or even three time to those who don't open it. In OA this is easy - when you schedule the email, you set up a rule saying: "After 2 days, all those who don't open email 1, send them email 2". Email 2 is exactly the same email, but you change the subject line. Then you can create a rule saying: "After another 2 days, all those who don't open email 2, send them email 3". And you change the subject line again. In OA you set up this sequence once, and forget it. It happens automatically. Sending an email 3 times like this will double your open rate.

So that's my top 3 - I think these points are so much more important than anything else in email marketing I am going to leave it there! Too many people miss the point. It's not simply about how often you send. Years ago, I started sending to a list of mine once a week instead of once a month and I was terrified they'd all unsubscribe. Nothing much happened. And every email I send to that list is a mix of news stories and offers of our own health products. Now those people are well trained to receive one email every week.

I hope I was clear with the segmentation thing - it took me a bit of getting my head around initially. But since I got OA I now get it completely.

AW and GR are sh*t for doing segmentation - yes, it can be done, but tracking it is a nightmare and you have to put people on separate lists for each area of interest. And then those services charge you multiple time for each list a person is on - if they are on 4 lists, you pay 4 times for that person (this is only important when you list gets big. Then, you pay a TON for this.)

If you get segmentation you will be ahead of some of the "gurus" who are still using AW :)

Best wishes

Malc

malcsimm, Jan 24, 2013 IP
    VisionzZolution likes this.
  9. dailybreadgivers

dailybreadgivers Banned

Best Answers:
    1. Give Educated Information to Your Subscribers
    2. Send at least one email out to all subscribers every other day
    3. Make the email look professional with HTML format type of graphics
    4. Be personal and not too professional so you can relate to your reader
    5. Make sure the content is relevant to what your subscriber subscribed to.

dailybreadgivers, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  10. tkyles1009

tkyles1009 Member

Best Answers:
    You're very welcome! This is the purpose for posts like this. It allows everyone to share a little something to provide help for people who need the answer. I'm certain you'll have something I need to see in a future post

tkyles1009, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  11. vtotheyouknow

vtotheyouknow Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My first email to a new subscriber is a "what you can expect" email.

I got this technique from Shane Melaugh.

It's basically a short video where a subscriber sees your face, hears your voice and you just briefly say hi and tell people what they can expect from being subscribers to your newsletter.

For instance, I tell subscribers that I don't spam their inbox mercilessly but I DO promote offers from time to time. So if they're offended by any promotional communications, they can unsubscribe.

This just adds some realness to the marketing and qualifies subscribers so they're not pissed off at you later for doing exactly what you told them you'd do. :)

vtotheyouknow, Jan 26, 2013 IP