1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are The Best Properties for this website ?!!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by rashidmoney, Jul 20, 2013.

Hi guys

This my first thread on this great website ,

I want to open a website , and i really read lot's of ebooks and watched many videos about SEO and marketing and i even have google sniper :( " which i find 47$ for it is " a " total scam " so ,

I found that if you want to open a successful website you need to have many things and the most important things are Persistence and The website topic should be about something you love like a hobby so ,

after searching the internet , i finally found a niche " video games " ( well , i'm not saying the keyword video games Literally ! ) that i love to open a website about , Now i need you guys to tell what are the properties that my website should go along with , that if i don't want to rush things up ! i mean that i will be patient to get my first dollar out of it ! so ,

Please tell these things :

1- how many global monthly searches " including : phrase , exact , broad " .
    2- competition .
    3- how much should i wait to get ranked .
    4- compare between these tow photos : . Picture1.png Picture.png
    5- anything you want to tell more .

Thanks !

rashidmoney, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  2. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The trick is not make another general gaming website, you should go in-depth of each game and write a review after testing the game or finishing it, your reviews must be unique, your videos must be taken by you, you can include your voice, and you should use proper grammar.
    if you wan't to make your first buck, it's a hard niche and require lot of work.
    so start moving, and yeah it's not all about SEO, it's how good you are, best of luck.

wissam, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  3. rashidmoney

rashidmoney Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, I should go deeper to get rid of the competition as low as I can , but can you show an example please because videos games topic is competitive

rashidmoney, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  4. Corestratagems

Corestratagems Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe Persistence is important but making it about something you love is debatable. If its about something you love then you won't feel like you're grinding it out when working on the site but that may not make you any money.

Use the Google Adword keyword tool to get a list of related keywords for video games (https://adwords.google.com/o/KeywordTool)

If you can niche down to something like "best video games for kids" and provide good information for your target audience it can go a long way but if you're looking at this from an SEO standpoint, you should read up on checking competition before choosing a set of keywords to go after. (http://www.nichepursuits.com/how-to-analyze-the-top-10-google-competition-for-your-keyword/)

If you want to fill a void that is in an area that you're passionate about then I wouldn't worry about getting deep in to SEO. Just provide great information that people want and do it in a way that is unique to you (meaning the other 2,000,000 blogs aren't doing the same thing) and you will do fine. (easier said than done)

When it comes to number of searches a term gets, it depends on how commercial that term is and how you plan to monetize it. If you can rank #1 for a term that gets 2,000 monthly searches and sell an item directly to visitors from your garage and make a good margin that could work great. If you rank #1 for a term that gets 40,000 monthly searches but is only an informational search where people aren't looking to buy anything then you could make even less on ads than selling a product for a lower volume term.

Keep reading, keep listening, keep doing and you'll move forward. Remember persistence. Good Luck!

Corestratagems, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  5. rashidmoney

rashidmoney Member

Best Answers:
    thanks to all of you guys

great replies , i really appreciate that.;)

rashidmoney, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  6. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Blog your way out. Content is everything. It all depends on how good you are at blogging, as long as you are capable of consistently producing quality content which will be of great help to your users you will survive the test of time. You can achieve all this only if you choose the subject in which you have expertise.

rankwatch.com, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  7. Articles Arthors

Articles Arthors Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Excellent post, I think you've covered everything here, it is virtually impossible to get a high ranked generic gaming website nowadays. But yes videos are almost certainly the future and will facilitate a unique twist which could lead to the website ranking well :)

Articles Arthors, Jul 21, 2013 IP
    wissam likes this.
  8. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    In keyword research go dipper to find some long tail keywords in the same niche I would say.

It should have at least 1000 exact mat searches and PPC over $1...

Find competition in Google, analyze top ten sites, their backlinks, page rank, on-page optimization etc.

SERPpoint, Jul 21, 2013 IP