1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are the best offline marketing methods

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by rainbowgod, Apr 22, 2014.

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone knew of some simple low costing marketing methods, that don't require the internet?

I have already tried leaflet dropping and it has been fairly successful, but just wondered what your experiences were...

Thanks in advance for the help :)

Rainbow

rainbowgod, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  2. Boost_Software

Boost_Software Member

Best Answers:
    Pamphlets and fliers are okay. It also helps to socialize and attend networking meetings. Sometimes opportunities come within volunteering.

Boost_Software, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  3. mrupp2006

mrupp2006 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Postcards and buying a targeted list is good.

mrupp2006, Apr 23, 2014 IP
  4. Jaree Loe

Jaree Loe Peon

Best Answers:
    I recommend face to face direct marketing... Having yourself out there selling your products to the client face to face..

It is best done if your product is a mass market one...

Cheers

J

Jaree Loe, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  5. agmccall

agmccall Member

Best Answers:
    I think it will depend on your niche. With that said. I once read a technique where the marketer made up some bookmarks, went to the public library, went to the section related to his niche and put a bookmark in all the books. I don't know how it would work but I thought it was some creative thinking

al

agmccall, Apr 25, 2014 IP
    Luka Vidović likes this.
  6. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have had some local folks get pens printed. Take handfuls to places like beer stores that take credit cards and just give them out. Folks walk off with them and they circulate themselves.

It actually works really well and the ROI is pretty much through the roof since its pretty trivial to get some pens printed, cost wise.

That is sorta one of my "go to's" if you let us know what you are selling we can be a bit more helpful.

hope that helps,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Apr 25, 2014 IP
  7. phptechie

phptechie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Go for sponsoring with local charity or public events , where your target clients would be wandering or gathering .
    You can also have a bill-board / digital flex board on places where your target audiences move around.
    This might be bit expensive than flyers / pamphlets , but still would get you more leads & business

Hope this helps :)

phptechie, Apr 25, 2014 IP
  8. Liam Hindson

Liam Hindson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Flyers seem to be a good way to attract attention and build awareness about your brand. I haven't seen much success from them regarding sales but certainly they've increased website traffic.

Best way is to do face to face marketing. Libraries and other public institutions won't let you advertise but you can always be imaginative. For example, I'm a musician advertising a music teaching service so I've been trying to work up the nerve to go around busking. Hasn't happened yet but here's hoping!

Liam Hindson, Apr 26, 2014 IP
  9. janinaherz

janinaherz Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should go for,
    (1) Cold calling (face to face marketing)
    (2) Tele calling
    (3) Dropping a message on Mobile Phones
    (4) Make a group of people and organize a training kind of things

janinaherz, May 9, 2014 IP
  10. Luka Vidović

Luka Vidović Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My gosh, this is brilliant! And have to second you there, marketing is tightly related to niche so everything depends on what it is... Thanks!

Luka Vidović, May 9, 2014 IP
  11. SaeedKhan

SaeedKhan Peon

Best Answers:
    You can get a car magnet designed with your website address and simple message on it. The great thing about car magnets is that once you stick it on, on your car door or bumper, its basically hands off marketing, you just drive around to your usual places and at same time, get some free marketing for your website!

Another benefit is its easily removable, so if you’re going to a wedding for example, you can take it off. But why would you want to, weddings are good because there are lots of people about, you get the hint.

Anyways I get my car magnets from Vistaprint.com and it only cost a few dollars and they ship to many countries. You don’t even have to design anything, just choose from the available templates covering many niches. From my example, once I was promoting some eco friendly products so for the car magnet, I selected a “greenish” with a hand protecting the world theme and put my website url on the first line and the message “Make A Difference”on the second line.

Remember your car is moving around a lot so you don’t want to put your life story on it, otherwise people won’t have enough time to focus and read it. Keep it Simple, website url and a few words of message (about 3-4 words). Regards, Saeed

SaeedKhan, May 10, 2014 IP
  12. H2key

H2key Peon

Best Answers:
    Ha, I like this one, how about trying to target your customers with flyers, lets say - you sell used books then go to a college and deliver flyers there, how about clothes for kids , go to a elementary school and pass flyers to the kids parents,etc, you see the niche and target whos going to benefit from it.

H2key, May 10, 2014 IP
  13. jazzyjmnote

jazzyjmnote Banned

Best Answers:
    Tele-calling is the cheapest and targeted offline marketing method for selling door-step products.

jazzyjmnote, May 15, 2014 IP
  14. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Whenever I've needed to get a message across I've often opted for radio ads. People spend a lot of time in their vehicles and you'd be surprised at the positive response you get from these. As an added bonus they really aren't all that expensive either.

Spoiltdiva, May 15, 2014 IP
  15. jrbiz

jrbiz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have often considered local radio ads, but was concerned about their effectiveness for B2B products (in my case, IT supplies.) What were you selling successfully with radio ads?

jrbiz, May 15, 2014 IP
  16. jrbiz

jrbiz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You also should consider a local PR campaign. First, come up with some "news". While the launch of your company may seem like news to you, it won't be to a reporter or editor. However, if you can tie your business and/or expertise to something that is in the news (e.g., if you were an IT security serving the local community, you could write a story pitch about a client who had this problem, how you solved it, what others can do to prevent it, etc. When you pitch a story to your local press (newspapers, weeklies, monthly business journals, etc.) you will need to stress the relevance of the story to their readership, your local connection, and the fact that you will be happy to work with them to get the story right. You will need to sell your idea and that means calling up to pitch the idea, following up with a paragraph about your story idea and then following up by phone until you get a yes or a no. This type of publicity can be a great way to get noticed and get new customers.

jrbiz, May 15, 2014 IP
  17. John Pagulayan

John Pagulayan Member

Best Answers:
    Here are some ideas...

1. Wear a shirt that sparks curiousity on what you're promoting. Or give away the shirt.
    2. have a car magnet showing the same thing as mentioned above.
    3. Networking events in your area.
    4. Don't leave your calling card. Instead, get their calling cards and sort out who among them can be a potential client and call them.
    5. As mentioned above, go to the bookstore and put a calling card or a bookmark on books related to your niche. You can do this a step further and place your info in newspapers on news stands.
    6. Cold call prospects. It still works.
    7. Ads on your local radio
    8. Flyers (not very effective)
    9. Wear a catchy button showing your marketing message.
    9. A cap is also a good idea.
    10. Hold a simple charity event sponsored by your company.
    11. I know you said that you don't want to use the internet but there are websites that sends direct mail in bulk and you pay them per 1000 mails.

That and a whole lot more. All you have to do is to be creative.

John Pagulayan, May 15, 2014 IP
  18. TREYC

TREYC Member

Best Answers:
    I like to build up a list of local businesses e-mails (just going to their sites and gathering contact information), then hitting them with a "sales e-mail" of sorts. If you build websites, state that their website looked a little lackluster and that they could use a new one. If you're a content writer say the content didn't flow very well, etc.

TC

TREYC, May 15, 2014 IP
  19. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What I try to sell (promote) is the good reputation of the firm that I am under contract with.

Spoiltdiva, May 15, 2014 IP
  20. jrbiz

jrbiz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. Is your client a B2C or B2B business? My business is IT supplies for network managers in companies and/or systems integration consultants and I am not sure if a radio spot would work for that target market.

jrbiz, May 16, 2014 IP