1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are the Best AdSense placements in forum?

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by hsp, Apr 10, 2016.

I have read several articles and seen the heatmap. But this is based on ordinary websites. Can you provide me suggestions what the best placements are in a forum list and in a thread?

Cheers!

hsp, Apr 10, 2016 IP
  2. HankGustuffson

HankGustuffson Peon

Best Answers:
    Forums specifically get repeat visitors, meaning that they are more prone to banner blindness. With that said, the "best" ad placement is going to be different for each site, as each has unique users. At Ezoic we have found that testing many different ad placements and using the data from user interaction is the best way to maximize your revenues. If you try more aggressive ad placements and it doesn't harm UX, those ad placements are sustainable long term. If it hurts UX metrics, best to try new ad placements.

HankGustuffson, Apr 13, 2016 IP
  3. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Of course on forum the best ad placement is within the messages.
    What I did is for each discussion page, I take the first 3 messages and I put 2 adsense in each :
    - One adsense ad in a floating div at the top of the message, so the text wraps around it (either float left or float right)
    - One adsense text link after the message and before the user's signature

So for a discussion with several pages, on each page the first three messages have adsense.

I tried to put adsense in the header, in the footer, in between messages, it doesn't work well at all !

JamesColin, May 5, 2016 IP