1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are the benefits of secondary keywords?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by prasanth5, Oct 30, 2012.

Many Internet marketers believe in the multiple benefits of secondary keywords. Primary keywords are indispensable when it comes to improving the online visibility of your web page. Can the same be said of secondary keywords? Why you should use them?

prasanth5, Oct 30, 2012 IP
  2. briantymes

briantymes Peon

Best Answers:
    One of the main reasons you should be targeting more than one keyword is so the big G doesn't think you are trying to trick them. If your page is targeted to just one keyword or phrase and all your links are targeted to the same keyword or phrase, it does not look natural.

However when you are targeting multiple keywords or phrases, and your links use different anchor text, this looks much more natural to Google.

briantymes, Oct 31, 2012 IP
  3. BacklinkExpert

BacklinkExpert Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agree with above posts more pages on a keyword = more authority = rank higher.

BacklinkExpert, Nov 12, 2012 IP
  4. Abinajay

Abinajay Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, it does. Secondary keywords are also important as they can bring up the rankings to the site equally as the primary keywords does. Preferring the mixture of both, the primary and the secondary keyword means a lot to rank the site in search engines. Certainly, you can opt for a better secondary keyword that is more specific and equally good accordingly.

Abinajay, Nov 22, 2012 IP
  5. ca3s4r

ca3s4r Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well I get 50% of the traffic from my main keywords. That means I'm receiving a vast amount of traffic from secondary keywords as well.

So never ignore or under-estimate the value of your secondary keywords.

ca3s4r, Nov 22, 2012 IP
  6. Maulik12

Maulik12 Peon

Best Answers:
    hey prasanth your question is really effective to the marketting I am learn many new different things to your question and answer thanks matt.

Maulik12, Nov 22, 2012 IP
  7. stepbystep

stepbystep Member

Best Answers:
    One of the benefit of secondary keywords is your site will rank from many keywords and drive more traffic.

stepbystep, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  8. Ditso

Ditso Member

Best Answers:
    I'd rather have a website that gets 1,000 visitors per day from 10 different keywords than a website that gets 1,500 per day from just one keyword. If ever Google decides it doesn't like you for the one BIG keyword your business is going to disappear without trace. As Granny always says "Don't put all your eggs in one basket"

Also I believe that a serious website with plenty of Trust and Citation flow should not have any trouble ranking for several keywords. I would always try and diversify a little.

My most successful website has probably 40% of its traffic from a two word KW and a 3 word KW (Which is the same 2 words with another word on the end), but that means that 60% of the sites traffic is from entirely different KW's some of which I wasn't even targeting in the first place.

Though I must say it's great when you start to get traffic from a word you were not targeting and then you realise that with just a bit of effort you can actually boost that KW up. It's a bit like an up-sell when McDonalds say do you want fries with that? Once you realise Google likes your website a little bit for a KW it's much easier to then raise that up still further than it is to try and start off with an entirely untried KW.

GL Prasanth5

Ditso, Dec 8, 2015 IP