What are some good venues to generate free traffic to a website...

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by printex, Jan 15, 2012.

Besides social media, which seems to me more of a headache than it's worth (I could be wrong however), what are some good venues to get the word out about your site?

printex, Jan 15, 2012 IP
  2. sean83

sean83 Peon

Best Answers:
    You could try fiverr, not free exactly, but only $5 , they're people on there who'll advertise your site on their high PR site for a certain amount of time.

sean83, Jan 15, 2012 IP
  3. Gigver

Gigver Peon

Best Answers:
    depending on your topic videos can work very well to generate traffic to your site. I recommend finding some keywords with decent traffic and start building quality content and backlinks. The traffic will come in time. traffic generated from people on fiverr likely wont convert. there are some people on fiverr offering guest posts on their quality blogs though you might try that.

Gigver, Jan 15, 2012 IP
  4. xenon121

xenon121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    find do follow high page rank minimum10 sites. build link with them. you will really get good number of traffic in your website. it is much much better than free thousands of backlinks.

xenon121, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  5. PCOnline

PCOnline Peon

Best Answers:
    Patience is often hard to master though :)

PCOnline, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  6. majon

majon Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you trying to just drive traffic? Or are you trying to convert traffic sales, advertising or some other CPM advertising?
    Traffic and Conversions are very different. I have ways to send you millions of real visitors per month if you wanted however they wont be very high converting visitors.

majon, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  7. printex

printex Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi majon, in this case I'm offering a free 40 page ebook (see my signature below for link) called "Working in Fluffy Bunny Slippers" an insider's guide for beginners who are thinking about starting an online business. I do list ways of generating free traffic in the book, but of course I'm always looking for new ways ;) Thanks for taking the time to reply.

printex, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  8. baronseo

baronseo Member

Best Answers:
    First of all you should submit link (URL) in do-follow SEO forum. Secondly exchange links with similar website. I must sure you will get good natural traffic.

baronseo, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  9. printex

printex Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi barenseo, not clear on "...do-follow SEO forum?" Is that a section or sub section on this forum, or somewhere else? Thanks bud.

printex, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  10. DaveVrea

DaveVrea Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube are great ways to drive free traffic to your site if used properly. Regardless of your situation, don't do like a lot of other people using these mediums by plastering your opportunity everywhere. You'll only turn prospective customers off and come across as obviously desperate. Instead, utilize attraction marketing methods by offering value and leading them back to your blog where you can have a link to your primary opportunity. You can also write articles with keywords for your niche and submit them to directories to build back-links for ranking with the search engines. These strategies may take some time for you to notice any significant difference in your online business but in the long run it should pay off. Hope this helped.

DaveVrea, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  11. articleauthor

articleauthor Member

Best Answers:
    There are many ways to drive free traffic to your site through

Traffic Exchanges
    Article Directories
    YouTube
    Press Releases
    Classified Ads Sites
    Forums
    Safelists
    SEO

These are just some ways but there are many more I could show you lots more ways but I would be here all day!

articleauthor, Jan 17, 2012 IP
  12. sowellavena

sowellavena Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    SMO is the best option to generate traffic .

sowellavena, Jan 17, 2012 IP
  13. dustoff3210

dustoff3210 Member

Best Answers:
    hmm, what is SMO?

dustoff3210, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  14. louis d

louis d Member

Best Answers:
    Hello bud, use yahoo answers for some direct traffic, it converts well... you can use thier search bar... type in the best most common keyword for your market...

go to the left of the screen ... filter the search to questions asked within three days... then at the top filter the search to newest questions... the filter the search to least answerd...

you then find direct people to market to... do not direct link right there in your answer...

example::::

question from yahoo::: hey anyone know how i can learn more about this internet marketing thing...

your answer::: Hello there my friend, I am looking for the same thing, I have been using forums and youtube
    and that teaches me a little... I did find this cool website giving away a free ebook(whatever your free gift is) yesterday for IM training
    you can get it here if you like www(.)yourdomain(.)com

Hope it helps mr yahoo man take care and good luck...
    ===============================================

Now do not actually link your website drop because yahoo wil ban you after time, plus use a yahoo account that you do not usually use...

one just for marketing...

Also seo the yahoo answer with your keywords but do not make it obviouse... they show up in the search engines and remember it will have your url in it... (just not with http://)

hope it helps my friend, send me a reply if ya need any help with partner :)

louis d, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  15. printex

printex Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey louis d, I appreciate you taking the time to answer and I think you might be on to something. Except I can't make heads or tails of what you're saying. I actually tried putting Yahoo page beside your answer page here on DP so I wouldn't screw up your instructions and...well I'm at a loss. I don't see any "filter" and I can't seem to follow any of your directions. Oh well, maybe I'm stupid.

Anyway, they (Yahoo) want you to sign in and fill out way too much info about yourself before you can play their silly little game of Q&A. And I'm not into filling out forms unless there's money in it for me.

This was my first time on anything "Yahoo" and based on the quality of questions and answers that I saw on that particular site (I didn't spend a whole lot of time on it), I find it hard to believe those people would convert to anything. lol

printex, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  16. yafi_hostinizer

yafi_hostinizer Peon

Best Answers:
    Stumbleupon, reddit is the best that I've found so far. Chasing google ranking takes a lot of time.

yafi_hostinizer, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  17. jayrudalf

jayrudalf Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks all for sharing good venues for traffic.

jayrudalf, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  18. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    You could try finding some authority sites in your niche, and leaving comments on their blogs, ensure that the comments adds value or else they could be removed

golfpro1, Jan 19, 2012 IP
  19. louis d

louis d Member

Best Answers:

My friend, the information I gave you was not a guess at what might work, it was waht really does work... I understand your hesitance to sign in forms... but I can tell you I am buildiing a list with yahoo answers and I make sales every single day...

If you want a more detailed report or instruction please post here or PM me either way, it would probably be best for me to post it here so people can beneift from the method...

I promise you yahoo answers if done correctly is not some silly little game of question and answers lol

louis d, Jan 19, 2012 IP
  20. printex

printex Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Alrighty then...please post the instructions so even a moron like me can understand. I'm trying to drive more traffic to my new ebook "Working in Fluffy Bunny Slippers" -A Beginner's Guide to Starting an Online Business. Google "fluffy bunny slippers" -I'm on page 1 or 2) I'll get you a free copy if you email me. Thanks bud!

printex, Jan 19, 2012 IP