1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What am I doing Wrong?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Sinistra, Dec 6, 2013.

Hello everyone. I am so lost with this. I mean I have never had this much problems getting a community active. I run an anime community. I have Meta and SEO set up but I don't know what I am not getting any traffic

I have heard that IP.Board is not great with SEO so what do you think I should do to promot traffic to my community

Sinistra, Dec 6, 2013 IP
  2. monfis

monfis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like you need to learn a lot more about SEO.

<title>Otaku Rave - Otaku Rave - Otaku Rave</title>

Already our index page title looks more than spammy and will probably have triggered a filter.

monfis, Dec 8, 2013 IP
  3. Muhammad Umar Pakistan

Muhammad Umar Pakistan Member

Best Answers:
    How many backlinks you created for you site and with which keywords ?? Please write compete bio of your site..

Muhammad Umar Pakistan, Dec 8, 2013 IP
  4. Sinistra

Sinistra Active Member

Best Answers:
    Otaku Rave is a restart of an old community of mine. Was called Anime-Insight alot of the content is from Anime Insight and what not. If this ks causing a problem would I have to start from scratch?

I have done some research on backlinks. I have none. I have affiliates and partners those are the only links I have out there.

About Otaku Rave

Otaku rave is an anime, gaming and manga community. it is a restart from an old community of mine called Anime-Insight. After getting burned out of being the only one updating the site I took a brake from the website stuff in May 2013. Back in October I decided to start up my anime community again. The site is just not a hobby I also make IP.Board skins to sale on IPS Community.

It has never been this tought to start up a community. along with all the spam registrations and what not its harder then normal. I need some pointers on what I should do. If I should go a different route to get more members. Ether switch to wordpress for the main page or just rethink how I set up keywords and phrases

Sinistra, Dec 8, 2013 IP
  5. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you go with better software like mybb. We almost have same problem. I tried setting up again my forum using mybb and update few threads on my own and I'm gradually going up.

etc, Dec 8, 2013 IP
  6. alex06295

alex06295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You shouldn't ignore PHPBB, it is a free forum software yet it is very effective... if you need to use free forum software, you must use PHPBB, it has good support, if you get any problem you can ask question in forum or you can find pre answered-questions that will be helpful. From SEO point of views, it is also too good.

alex06295, Dec 8, 2013 IP
  7. jamesplato

jamesplato Active Member

Best Answers:
    maybe go with a wordpress blog, with a vanilla forums integration, so you also get the community aspect?

jamesplato, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  8. Sinistra

Sinistra Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have thought about going with a wordpress but I want to keep my IP.Board with members and posts. I am adding new keywords and gagging everything in my forum. will this help?

Sinistra, Dec 12, 2013 IP
  9. gambler53

gambler53 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The best way to encourage people to visit your site and link to it is prove to them you have something of value to share with them. They will then backlink to it voluntarily However, the above methods do work. You just have to be careful.

gambler53, Dec 12, 2013 IP