1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What advice would you give your past self?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by PhiladelphiaIM, Jul 24, 2015.

It's no secret that online business is a long, arduous road - often littered with seemingly insurmountable obstacles and plenty of unexpected setbacks. Some have managed to achieve incredible levels of success while others have given up entirely. If you were able to go back in time and give your past self one piece of advice related to online business, what would it be? What do you wish you knew? What would you do differently?

I'm really excited to see what all of you come up with.

PhiladelphiaIM, Jul 24, 2015 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It'll go something like this: "In the future Google is going to screw everybody up mightily. You will have to work 100x harder to get the same results... Still wanna do it??"

qwikad.com, Jul 24, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Much like @qwikad.com, mine would be a cautionary note: SEO is a bad way to go.

jrbiz, Jul 24, 2015 IP
  4. Hughes1

Hughes1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mine would be don't pay any SEO company, unless you have in writing exactly what services and links building they will be doing and what money is spent where.

Hughes1, Jul 24, 2015 IP
    sweatlana likes this.
  5. dojodesign

dojodesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Quit your job and get your web design hobby into a business. Wasted 7 years with a job (a good one, but still ..) when I could have taken my business full time in 2002, instead of 2009.

dojodesign, Jul 24, 2015 IP
  6. ulterios

ulterios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, as I have learned lately, social media can be a big part of success.

I was one of the people who didn't realize just how much impact social media promotion can have on success, so I just didn't bother with it too much other than just to create accounts and then only update or ad to them once in a while. Social media can have a much bigger impact than someone might realize, especially if they have no experience with it.

If I could go back, I would tell myself to learn how to utilize social media and use it to help achieve success easier and cost effectively.

ulterios, Jul 24, 2015 IP
  7. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My advice: there is nothing wrong with making money online and nothing wrong with advertising.

When I first started, it was a hobby that I would like to make a career if possible. All my own websites had no advertisements on them because I was opposed to advertising. When I ranked #1 in Google, I had no advertising. Then I eventually figured I would at least put ads on my sites so they pay for their own hosting and domain registration costs. Then I discovered that I can make a profit doing it and sometimes that money comes in handy.

That would be my advice to myself and to any other newbie out there opposed to placing advertising on his/her websites.

billzo, Jul 24, 2015 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  8. aakrita

aakrita Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    making money online is not a employed task. you can do it just my sitting infront of the computer in the internet. many people have been earning lots from online business. so users are encouraged to start this business. you can just get the information from making money online. just take the review from the link and be sure that its true. i assure you that you will not regret it. Thankyou.

aakrita, Jul 25, 2015 IP
  9. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would just tell me to spend more time on Affiliate Marketing. Initially, I was just testing how anything was working. With the skills I have today, I would have had impressive results in the initial years of my marketing efforts.

10. haniaroad

haniaroad Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would avoid paid advertising entirely until I had begun earning profits through my systems. Going further into your wallet in hopes of buying customers essentially is counter-productive unless one is truly experienced in marketing simply because successful paid advertising highly depends on statistics that come from trial and error split-tests. If you do not have a budget to afford to test multiple types of campaigns and compare them to find what is most successful (most highly converting) then I would stay away from paid ads at all.

This would've been my words of advice to myself when I first started out.

Hope this helps someone out!

haniaroad, Jul 26, 2015 IP
  11. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    Grow a pair :D

Mehdi.b, Jul 27, 2015 IP