1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Ad Links is really for...

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Olney, Mar 23, 2005.

Google has just launched the Ad Links which seems to be a very slimmed down version of ads, but why what good would it do to just have text links.

From looking at an American standpoint I think the Ad Links won't really cause a stir in the US...

But in Japan???? It's going to be a breakthrough. The market for companies advertising via Adwords isn't yet as developped because most young people are viewing the web through iMode (on their phones) with the main functions beings email, train schedules, etc.

Most companies are really concentrating on developing for iMode instead of the normal Net viewed by PCs. That leaves a problem with how to run full text ads because iMode can't handle tables in HTML.

I have feeling it was developped specifically to strengthen the Japanese market. Yahoo actually is way more commonly known than Google even though most of the other Japanese search engines are powered by Google.

Like most foreign companies I think the Japan branch could be doing more. Yahoo was one of the few companies that actually was doing better in Japan than in the States at one point.

If I was Google I would also heavily promote internet use in Japan, it's not at the point that westerners believe it to be.

But anyway Ad Links is actually perfect size for mobile phone content. I think the second page of Ads may be to determine if it's a mobile phone or not....

These are just my speculations I personally don't know anyone from Google...

Olney, Mar 23, 2005 IP