1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What about Private Blog Networks

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by vince wicks, Oct 15, 2013.

I know that some link building methods (such as private blog networks) used to work before the latest Google update (Penguin 2.1), but I have evidence that it's not working any more. At least not with the private blog networks that I used. So, my question is if there's a sure fire way to quickly and efficiently build back links nowadays? Do private blog networks still work for you? If so, which ones? If not, what do you use instead?

vince wicks, Oct 15, 2013 IP
  2. lesterj

lesterj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Vince,

I'd recommend staying away from any blog network at this point. Even if you can find one Google hasn't gone after, you can be sure they will get busted eventually and you'll be back to square one or much worse.

At this point it's just about doing a great job with your company/website, creating interesting content, and engaging people.

lesterj, Oct 15, 2013 IP
  3. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    A stupid idea. Look at what has happened - learn from history. They might get away with it for a while, but eventually slapped and a giant pile of crying webmasters and SEOs appears.

If your site is good, then there is no need for manipulation.

ryan_uk, Oct 15, 2013 IP
    Nigel Lew and malky66 like this.
  4. gov

gov Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you use the blog network for your self, its still work at my side. Don't use paying blog network. There is no stupid idea about link building technique. Just use what the technique that works fro you, don't follow others, find your pattern yourself. Till now, self and private blog network still work for me.

gov, Oct 15, 2013 IP
  5. jackkarter

jackkarter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you are mixing the two types of blog networks up. There is private and public. Public ones are ones that you pay a subscription to and use theirs and private ones are ones you make yourself.
    In answer to your question, do they work? Yes, private ones do, IF done correctly. Public ones are too dodgy for me because you have no control over anything.

jackkarter, Oct 15, 2013 IP
  6. vince wicks

vince wicks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your assistance guys, if somebody has a workable private blog network, please let me know

vince wicks, Oct 16, 2013 IP
  7. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Some private blog networks still works, whether or not they will work in the future is hard to say. I would guess, as long as the outbound links from those networks are of good quality and limited, the number of sites in the network are few and of high quality - they should not have an issue.

If you want to be future proof in the long run, perhaps trying out blog networks where there is no-one-owner, and each blog is owned by a separate blogger - might help.

uttoransen, Oct 18, 2013 IP
  8. himanuzo

himanuzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Private blog networks tend as paid methods to get a or few articles posted into blog networks. You must find private blog networks that have good quality and safe for SEO purposes.

himanuzo, Oct 21, 2013 IP