1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

We're sorry but your query looks similar to automated requests...

Discussion in 'Google' started by petes1980, May 6, 2009.

Is anyone else having problems with google and this annoying page that gives the message:

We're sorry...

... but your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer virus or spyware application. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.

We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In the meantime, if you suspect that your computer or network has been infected, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to make sure that your systems are free of viruses and other spurious software.

If you're continually receiving this error, you may be able to resolve the problem by deleting your Google cookie and revisiting Google. For browser-specific instructions, please consult your browser's online support center.

I am trying to check the google cache of some pages on my sites and it keeps giving me this page. Obviously i am not a robot, and this page gives no way to continue (e.g. with captcha).

Are there any other ways to check the google cache?

petes1980, May 6, 2009 IP
  2. EC23

EC23 Peon

Best Answers:
    It happens to me when I search something, do not know why Google thinks I am a bot.

EC23, May 6, 2009 IP
  3. petes1980

petes1980 Peon

Best Answers:
    its sooooo frustrating, i can't check the cache data of my sites. Does anyone know of a cache tool that i can use instead of clicking on the "cached" link on google? i need a tool that also doesn't just provide a link either but actually checks itself then reports on the cached date of that page.

petes1980, May 6, 2009 IP
  4. freelistfool

freelistfool Peon

Best Answers:
    You get this when you do too many searches with google then page through the results very quickly. You're just working too fast. You can go get a cup of coffee between ever check...or you can broaden your page search then add "&num=100" to the google URL after you've got the results.

For example, search for an entire directory by typying site:www.yourdomain.com/some_directory/ in the Google search. Then when the results come back add "&num=100" to the URL and hit enter.

This will give you a hundred items per page and it'll take you longer to view the cache dates before you start paging. You'll hit google at a lot slower rate, but still be able to check lots of pages at a time...hopefully keeping you both happy.

freelistfool, May 6, 2009 IP
  5. Dell Merk

Dell Merk Banned

Best Answers:
    Where are you from? What ISP are you using? If it's a small ISP, or you are using proxy (or the ISP is using proxy), this is known to happen. Contact your ISP.

Dell Merk, May 6, 2009 IP
  6. jhbalaji

jhbalaji Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah i have experienced it but try this
    clear your Cache, Cookies ,Authenticated sessions

Now go ahead and see

jhbalaji, May 6, 2009 IP
  7. adil+genius7

adil+genius7 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think google updating there system or they have some problems ... because i also receive this same problem twice yesterday

adil+genius7, May 7, 2009 IP
  8. Karlonia

Karlonia Peon

Best Answers:
    This has happened to me occasionally when using the Google Keyword Tool and trying to make a relatively high number of queries within a short period of time. I have also encountered this message when looking at multiple pages of AdWords ads (sponsored results) after making a single query. This seems to be Google's way of filtering out bots, suspected click fraud, or other suspicious activity.

I have found that clearing cookies and cache, and then waiting at least 30 minutes or so before attempting more queries seems to bring things back to normal.

Karlonia, May 7, 2009 IP
  9. petes1980

petes1980 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that, i am also wondering if the SEO quake toolbar had something to do with it. That checks the cache time everytime i go onto a page. As i spend a good part of the day on the internet, i guess thats running many queries and causing this error. I have now removed the toolbar function of SEO quake and see how it goes. So far so good...

petes1980, May 7, 2009 IP
  10. coolseo36

coolseo36 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, SEO quake is the problem....happened to me too.
    but i wld suggest u that rather than removing it completely just set the preference "on request"....it will allow u to use its functions only on need without ne problems and u ll be able to enjoy this gr8 free tool...workd for me;)

coolseo36, May 7, 2009 IP
  11. simplenfun.com

simplenfun.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm keep facing this problem recently. And it's very annoying!

simplenfun.com, May 6, 2010 IP
  12. seoactivesearch

seoactivesearch Peon

Best Answers:
    I have the same problem and it is driving me crazy, I cannot search in Google

seoactivesearch, Oct 10, 2010 IP
  13. watsonliving

watsonliving Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes this happens with me too whenever I check the position of keywords related to my website (long list of keywords)so it shows this message.For using the search again I have to wait for sometime.

watsonliving, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  14. sitesnapper

sitesnapper Peon

Best Answers:
    Happens when you are running spam tools. Can get annoying...

sitesnapper, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  15. acca

acca Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, SEO Quake can be a problem, but also SEO for Firefox can be, too. Just unable it before you go to Google search.

acca, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  16. igauresh

igauresh Peon

Best Answers:
    yes its a really annoying thing. why isnt google behaving in a more receptive manner by adding a captcha for identifying us as humans. Its too rude on part of google.

igauresh, Oct 11, 2010 IP