1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Welp, my Adsense account just got b*%ch slapped by Google

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Marlon Hall, Aug 16, 2016.

?

What do you all believe is the number one reason for all Adsense bans?

1. Ad placement

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Invalid traffic

100.0%
  3. Poor or unrelated content

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Adsense is evil

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    **Skip down to How I Got Banned if you don't feel like reading all this***

So I decided to give the whole affiliate marketing thing another go after giving up on it years ago. Back in 2010 I put up a string of adsense sites, all with unique content. But did not do the necessary long term, SEO work on any of them.
    Eventually the domains expired and was recycled back into the system..but I kept all my files and databases through the saved backups I routinely ran for each one.

So fast forward to this week, I fell in love with a niche market that I myself was heavily involved with and came up with the bright idea to make a site around it. Took about 2 weeks but I had it all finished..the next mission was to see if it was capable of generating any adsense income.

This is where things took a bad turn I believe.....
    After poking around on Fiverr (yep, you probably now know where this is headed) I decided to buy traffic for my new site. Well, it worked pretty good. While I continued to work on its content, I was getting $4-$8 a day in adsense. Not a lot I guess but waay better than anything I've done in the past.

How I Got Banned
    So anyways, after about a month of buying insane amounts of traffic for my brand new personal site..with ZERO problems from Adsense, I came up with another bright idea of cloning some of my old sites from back in 2010.
    So I bought one domain, uploaded one of my old site's files, and voila..my site with all its ads already in place was born again. Back to fiverr I went, gave my favorite traffic dealer the site and a $110 Adsense balance later....my Adsense account is gone. Got an email saying I've been disabled for invalid click activity. Blah blah blah..anybody whose seen this before already knows the rest. Hit me like a ton of bricks.

At the time it was a shock but now that I look back I understand I had it coming. I wrote a really good appeal after studying about 15 different successful appeal cases I found searching Google, so I feel I have slight chance of getting reinstated. It will not be a surprise if I do not however, but I am prepared to take all necessary steps to eventually one day get it back.

In the meantime, I will share the sites I had the ads on, and I would like for some of the experts here to critique them. I made drastic changes to the ad placements and the way you see them now is the very same way I intend to place my adsense ads in the future should I be reinstated anytime soon.

6packabsexercise.com
    pokemongorealm.com - On this site, all ads have been currently taken down. But I intend to put a verticle skyscraper ad on the right below everything in the sidebar. This will probably be the only ad I do on this site.

I submitted 6packabsexercise to Media.net since they was just bought out by Yahoo, but this morning they rejected the site because it did not meet required guidelines. So that told me a lot about my site in terms of being an acceptable site for a publisher.
    Since this morning, I completely changed the site's ad layout..only about 1 ad exists now (the ads are clickbank links now). Check it out and let me know what could be better. If its garbage feel free to let me know. Im not worried about my feelings, Im worried about getting my adsense account back and improving my knowledge of ad publishing in general. Because clearly, I don't understand much...other than don't buy cheap traffic again :(

Marlon Hall, Aug 16, 2016 IP
  2. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You deliberately broke the contract you "signed" with Adsnese not to buy traffic. What were you expecting to happen?

Agent000, Aug 16, 2016 IP
  3. Marlon Hall

Marlon Hall Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'm glad you said that because I see many on here posting that AdSense does not allow bought traffic. This is 100% false.
    First thing it says on its policies page about buying traffic is that you are welcome to buy traffic from third parties. However it does state that you are responsible for any activity that occurs as a result.
    https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/1348722?hl=en
    As I said I was not surprised to be banned. I guess I just fell victim to the temptation. But people should stop making claims that you cannot buy traffic. I'm afraid those same people who tell me I'm supposed to the 300 page agreement also fail to read the agreement themselves.

Marko Vuckovic likes this.
  4. Agent000

Best Answers:
    The policy has always been that you can not buy traffic.
    The change to 'you can, but are responsible for the quality' is only a more recent change.
    You bought the traffic from Fivver!!! = suicide.

5. Marko Vuckovic

Marko Vuckovic Active Member

Best Answers:
    What if we order banner/link impressions somewhere? How that is considered? I think their policy isn't clear enough in many points, including the one from above...

Marko Vuckovic, Aug 16, 2016 IP
  6. Agent000

Best Answers:
    Its almost always useless traffic for those who are actually paying for the adverts --> puts our adsense account at risk.

7. Marlon Hall

Marlon Hall Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I am full aware that I should not buy traffic from fiverr anymore. Whether I am aware of this or not is NOT the purpose of this thread.
    The purpose of this thread was to get insight into how I can make my site more acceptable for ad networks because they currently are not, regardless of if I buy traffic or not. Please actually read my post before commenting.
    Again..I am not denying that I should not have been banned. You telling me this is common sense and does not serve the purpose of this thread.
    Thank you

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  8. komiyabi304

komiyabi304 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Most ad networks need publishers bring them quality ad impressions. Through my experience the basic one is your website monthly impressions level, which should be at least 50-100M to work with large ad networks such as media.net, Criteo, etc.

komiyabi304, Aug 16, 2016 IP
  9. Marlon Hall

Marlon Hall Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Okay. Suppose I should just be patient and focus on my site's content and SEO. Slow and steady wins the race I guess.

10. lapidus

lapidus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Never buy a traffic from any sources,because they make automated backlinks which can lead in adsense account termination.But here is another thing,because they said that your account is banned of invalid clicks. Then as i can see with traffic which you buy,happen some kind on invalid clicks from bots.And that is an reason why your account is banned.

lapidus, Aug 17, 2016 IP