1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Well-researched and read websites that accept user submissions? Preferably academic.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by meholaman, May 9, 2014.

Hey there,

I am looking to build my portfolio as a social commentator with an academic background. I am currently in the process of completing a PhD consumer behaviour (with an interest in consumer culture theory, which is all about how people and society interact from a consumption perspective). As such I read a tonne of academic articles from fields such as psychology, sociology, anthropology, and, naturally, marketing.

This extensive reading often leads me to having interesting insights and viewpoints (well, I think so anyway!) that I would love to share with a readership to start a discussion. I don't have the time to start and promote a blog of my own unfortunately, so what I am looking for are websites that have an established readership and which accept guest submissions. I do not need to be compensated to so long as they have decent traffic, and between my 5+ years worth of experience as a freelance writer and 7 years of higher education, I am a very able writer who knows how to research my articles and write in a way that engages an audience.

In short, I would very much appreciate if anyone could recommend websites that:
    • Accept submissions for social/political/social scientific commentary
    • Have an established readership
    • Only publish intellectually rich and original texts (I am not interested in publishing on websites that care more about quantity than quality, nor ones that publish spun content etc.)
    • Will let me publish under my own name
    I do not require the option to link back to my own website/social media nor any form of compensation. I am doing this to build a portfolio that is relevant to my career as an social sciences academic.

I don't mind whether it's a blog, news site or something in between (like trueslant.com used to be).

Thanks a lot for any answers!

Martin

meholaman, May 9, 2014 IP