1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

well, am from india, and i got paid a few weeks back..........

Discussion in 'Payments' started by harmu.com, Dec 31, 2006.

1. smfseo

smfseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $10 for a meal for 4 at a resturant is a bit misleading.
    yes you can fill 4 peoples stomach with $10 but if you are going to an average resturant its going to cost you aprox $30-40 +- the type of food you order.
    Go to any resturant at CP in delhi and you looking at atleast $25-30 per person excluding drinks.

Cost of entry to an average night club costed $100-150 per person here in Delhi on new years eve and some were charging rs 15000 and thats aprox $350

cost of a car is not $5000 in India its just one very very small car that you can buy with that money and its called maruti 800 which is a 0.8 l engine and top speed is less then 75 miles and hour and will take 10 years to go from 0 to 60

Cost of cars is more or less the same in India as compared to US and UK.
    Petrol is costlier in India as compared to US its about $1.10 per litre and in states you get it for $1.5 per gallon in NJ that makes it 3 times more costlier then US.

I pay $22 per month for a 256kbps connection with a 150meg limit per day for downloads.
    Clothes are costlier in India as compared to US. (if you disagree you are wrong) A pair of nike costs the same in India and US.

$1000 a month can get you a decent life style but as many people think that it will make you a king here in India they need to think again.

smfseo, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  2. Connections

Connections Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    exchange rate is basically not that different now, not a huge difference like in the past, 1 dollar US is worth liek 80 cents AU. Its not a good thing for me at all I want the AU dollar to suck so I get more $$$$

Connections, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  3. Rushh

Rushh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol... are you on sify ? They suck.. :eek:

Rushh, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  4. smfseo

smfseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yea Sify :( got not other option other then mtnl and sify and sify is imo more reliable.

I live in UK normally and have a 10mbps connection there so I use that from here when I need to do some heavyduty stuff :)

smfseo, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  5. Ajeet

Ajeet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, I think that ppp (purchasing power parity) answers that question best. At its current level of about 8, it means that 8 rupees buy about the same amount of goods that 1 dollar buys. Naturally, this is calculated using a basket of goods and individual items will vary.

Hi, I must point out that some of your figures are way off, in one cae by a factor of 50 to 100 (i.e. 50 to 100 times) what many of my friends pay. Of course, I cannot say that one will not get an apartment in 6000, but then one would get an apartment in 2000 too! When you say cost of car is 5000$, you are talking of the absolute cheapest model of the cheapest brand. That is what makes your numbers misrepresentative. Not, that your facts irritate me, but I think that one should hear the other side too :)

If $500 makes you happy, you will lead a very happy AdSense life :) Just do not meet people like Jim Karter who makes about $10000 per month living in India (Hey I am not leaking any personal info. He posted his AdSense cheque (check for Americans) pictures on the Shoemoney forums) :)

Ajeet, Jan 2, 2007 IP
    alien likes this.
  6. alien

alien Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yeah, ajeet you are right. I know many guys in India also who is making $10000 or even more per month with AdSense.

alien, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  7. harmu.com

harmu.com Banned

Best Answers:
    maruti 800 is the most popular car model, and most people in india have it, that's why i gave it's rate, $ 5,000.

my broadband is 256 kbps and it's unlimited upload and download, use as much as you want, and it's just $18 a month, not bad!

the rates of delhi, and other cities varies, am from jharkhand, and it's pretty backword, and therefore the rates are less........but then people in other parts of the world also face the same thing! the rates of sidney and elsewhere in australlia is not the same, right!

10$ is Rs 500, and in ranchi, just today itself i and my 10 more friends had 5 plates of veg chowmin, and 5 plates of manchurien for 10$, so, it's pretty cheap!:D

to be a bit more precise in the rates, the intel core2due processor is about 260$ here, what is the rate of that elsewhere, or an xp cd costs here 120$........

for a decent person, leaving decent life, india is the best place,:)

harmu.com, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  8. Ajeet

Ajeet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dude, do not get defensive. There is nothing wrong with what you mentioned, except that it gives a picture of Jharkhand (which you describe as "pretty backword". I am not kidding when I say that an unfurnished apartment in the building next to mine costs Rs. 250000 ($5500) per month, and the entire building is occupied. And by no means is that an extreme-upper bound.

In any case, you are welcome to share your opinions and experiences (e.g. the chow-mein), but someone from another country might wrongly assume that it is representative.

Maybe I will visit Jharkhand someday, what is it like?

Ajeet, Jan 2, 2007 IP
    Nick_Mayhem likes this.
  9. karan265

karan265 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah even I got my cheque few days ago...

karan265, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  10. harmu.com

harmu.com Banned

Best Answers:
    i tried my best to make people understand, actually it's the services that is cheap in india, but that dosenot mean other things are cheap, the cars in other places are more or less cheap, and that was the reason i gave the rate of the processor, perhaps that's even cheaper elsewhere!

since i sell unique contents and templates, and the fact that indian service is cheap, makes me earn more!

harmu.com, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  11. godmode

godmode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    dont compare $500 with AUD500..Its diffrent :)

godmode, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  12. godmode

Best Answers:
    USD 500 will give you enough food 1 month in singapore :) lol..additionally you can watch couple of movies + go around the city. hehe.

godmode, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  13. godmode

Best Answers:
    Ajeet,

Property rates vary. Where you live? and where he lives can be lot different. forget about other countires, The apartment my parents have in India can give them anything from 30000-50000 rs per month thats about 1000USD..

and the place i live in singapore cost me a f**king $3000 SGD

godmode, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  14. Ajeet

Ajeet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that property prices vary. That was the point of providing the illustration :) I live in a suburb of Mumbai (earlier Bombay).

Ajeet, Jan 3, 2007 IP
  15. godmode

Best Answers:
    yeah my parents home is in mumbai-juhu

godmode, Jan 3, 2007 IP
  16. chris20492002

chris20492002 Guest

Best Answers:
    a single person could live on that income I think its cause your in sydney everything is expencive. <- Eating out ect. :p go to Star City and get the cheap lunches :p

chris20492002, Jan 3, 2007 IP
  17. toby

toby Notable Member

Best Answers:
    congratulation, there's 100, there will be 200 and 300 and so on so forth. Work hard and always!

toby, Jan 3, 2007 IP
  18. Nick_Mayhem

Nick_Mayhem Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Keep it up man. I always feel happy when someone here gets his or her cheque. Moreover you are from India. So I know how it feels. Nice work.

Nick_Mayhem, Jan 3, 2007 IP
    Ajeet likes this.
  19. www.tnty.net

www.tnty.net Member

Best Answers:
    glad to see u r happy

www.tnty.net, Jan 4, 2007 IP
  20. onlinework

onlinework Member

Best Answers:
    weldone boy... welocome to adsense family

onlinework, Jan 4, 2007 IP