1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Welcome to our new overlords..."Papers Please" (national ID card passed)

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by mopacfan, May 11, 2005.

1. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    GTech just to understand you...are you saying Muslim = Terrorist ?

chachi, May 12, 2005 IP
  2. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Yep. He's been saying that since I joined DP.

Crazy_Rob, May 12, 2005 IP
  3. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    True, most muslims just go with the flow and go about their daily lives. That is about what most Americans do. The question is what decision people make and who they will support when it comes down to it. I am not about judging people at all, simply stating where the danger is coming from. It's not just about one extremist group, there are too many to count.

We seem to feel safe whenever there is peace for a while. Right now everything is fine but I cannot imagine our world without improving security long term. Sorry if my posts appear anti Muslim but I call things how I see them. Once thing I am definitely not is anti-Arabic. Islam however is the belief that has helped justify countless attacks in the past from all angles of the Muslim world. I don't see why people try to defend their religion when it is based on anti Christian and anti jewish movements. Terror comes from all parts of the world, including right wing Christians blowing up abortion clinics.

But Jesus' message was completely against it while the Quaran has some passages that leave no doubt on the issues of Christians, jews and non Muslims in general.

Blogmaster, May 12, 2005 IP
  4. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    But for some odd reason, Rob couldn't point it out to save his life. But feel free to try, Rob.

No, clearly not ALL are terrorists. But ALL is not a common denominator to wait for, before recognizing a problem. We don't wait till everyone has AIDS to find a cure, we don't wait till everyone has cancer to do something about it. Waiting for ALL to be something, is not an answer or an excuse.

However, most terrorists are muslim.

GTech, May 12, 2005 IP
  5. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    That is something I have to agree on. Rob, it is about national security and identifying where most of the danger is coming from, not about bashing any particular group of people.

Blogmaster, May 12, 2005 IP
  6. palespyder

palespyder Psycho Ninja

Best Answers:
    I have this friend right, he is muslim and SO not a terrorist, complete opposite. He calls the terrorist "The Jerry Fallwell(sp)'s of the muslim world" They take everything the Quaran says for word value and it is law, know any christians like that? They believe that a book written X thousand years ago should be held true today and that there are absolutely NO metaphors in thier "bible, used loosely to include all religious texts". Average Muslims understand that the book was written during a different time, when war was not so....final, they believe that yes you should have the convictions to die for your faith, BUT, we are not the enemy, we are not infidels, MOST muslims believe we are just there to help. The extremists are a very small minority of a HUGE religion. I had the same opinion as GTech for awhile, then one of my best friends came back from Iraq and told me the joy he saw in little girls faces as they got to goto school for the first time, he saw the pride in which the Iraqi people are now able to carry themselves, he told me of the millions of tears of joy and psalms of thank you's he heard while he was there. He was there 1 year 3 months and saw millions of Muslims. Again it is a case of the few overshadow the many, just like to extremists, we are all capitalist pig infidels who deserve to die for what our "few" have done.

Muslims != Bad

Terrorist == Bad!

Flame if you like, but anyone who says Muslim == Terrorst is WRONG!!

palespyder, May 12, 2005 IP
  7. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    So what exactly are you saying? :confused:

8. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    See, that's what's wrong with the world. All it takes is a bit of propoganda and people are perfectly willing to line up and hate. It's happening here in the US where hating arabs, middle easterners, muslims, and really anybody who remotely resembles a middle easterner - some greeks and italians, mexicans, etc. because they look like terrorists. And everywhere else where hating Americans has become increasingly popular.

I hate terrorists as much as anyone else, but I'm not going to go through the rest of my life being suspicious of anybody with dark skin.

I fly with the security in knowing if someone tries to take over my plane, me and the other hundred passengers are going to start kicking some serious ass. Not because the Feds now run the checkpoints and have some fancy new metal detectors.

nevetS, May 12, 2005 IP
  9. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Is that really from you, GTech?

10. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    That's simply not true.

Terrorists are christian, atheist, jewish, and even Buddhist and every other religion. Terrorism in the middle east has been running strong for as long as I've been alive, but that doesn't mean that it's just one group of people. I think if you wanted to make a blanket statement a more accurate one would be:

Terrorists are poor and easily impressionable people from oppressed areas.

nevetS, May 12, 2005 IP
  11. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    He's referring to the only terrorists that matter- THE ONES THAT WANT TO HARM THE U.S.

;)

12. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly.

Some guy said this;

I seriously don't agree with this crap at all. I have a LOT of Muslim friends. They are anti terrorism as much as I am. I find them to be very peaceful, gentle people. Every culture/country/religion ect has bad apples, but it doesn't mean all of them are. People need to stop generalising.

Are ALL Muslim's terrorist? No
    Are ALL mexicans rapist? No
    Are ALL blacks robbers and drug dealers? No
    Are ALL asians gang members? No
    Are ALL whites a bunch of racist, pyschopaths serial killers chop of peoples heads and shoot up schools? No

MELLA, May 12, 2005 IP
  13. GTech

Best Answers:
    Same here. And I would not be surprised to see people making posts saying otherwise or trying to turn the tables with a race card or otherwise. It's ok to identify problems. They exist. Turning a blind eye for the sake of being politically correct is not a wise option.

GTech, May 12, 2005 IP
  14. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    GTech, so what is your point in this discussion then?

15. GTech

Best Answers:
    This is a common myth. See this article:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1552099,00.html

GTech, May 12, 2005 IP
  16. GTech

Best Answers:
    Rob, follow along from where Design Agent made his last post.

GTech, May 12, 2005 IP
  17. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    NevetS, you hit the nail on the head.

GTech, not sure what to say to you bud. Not sure how you make the jump from 20 or so guys to a whole religion. Seems like the easy way out to me.

chachi, May 12, 2005 IP
  18. GTech

Best Answers:
    Can you elaborate on "20 or so guys?" Can you also elaborate on "to a whole religion?"

The reason I ask is, I don't believe anyone would think there are 20 terrorists in the world, when the article I just posted above shows research into just 500 and how they came from middle to wealthy class families.

And I want to make sure also, that people are not intentionally trying to put words in my posts with "to a whole religion" which I have not done.

GTech, May 12, 2005 IP
  19. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    20 or so guys = The dudes that hijacked the 4 commercial aircraft on Sept, 11, 2001.

I am not trying to put words in your mouth...I believe I asked you a direct question and you answered with something vague about cancer and HIV. Sounded to me like you were saying Muslims are the next HIV or cancer.

In any event, I am sure you have better things to do with your afternoon, as do I. I have to catch a flight. Rest assured that if anyone tries to hijack it, they will be getting one of my size 14s in their mouth. Have a great weekend everyone.

chachi, May 12, 2005 IP
  20. GTech

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, there are still some that think these were/are the only terrorists. Terrorists cells are being arrested here in the US, the UK and other parts of the world monthly. Large organizations.

You asked me a question and I did give you a very direct and specific answer here:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=173073&postcount=44

I don't think "Clearly not ALL are terrorists" could be spelled out any better.

GTech, May 12, 2005 IP