1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Weirdest thing you have eaten?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by buysellseo, Dec 29, 2014.

1. TopForum.Ir

TopForum.Ir Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I am.

TopForum.Ir, Jan 2, 2015 IP
  2. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So if someone happens to eat you (just joking), they will say you're the weirdest food they've eaten. LOL

Content Maestro, Jan 2, 2015 IP
    TopForum.Ir likes this.
  3. TopForum.Ir

TopForum.Ir Active Member

Best Answers:
    LOL! I just ate small piece.

TopForum.Ir, Jan 2, 2015 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    While on business in Denmark and Sweden many years ago, I was introduced to Wormwood liqueur. It was very strange tasting and I was told that it was the traditional Danish drink sipped by businessmen while concluding a business deal.

jrbiz, Jan 2, 2015 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Supposedly it's good for you. I also heard that if consumed in large quantities it can cause hallucinations. Don't know how true that is.

qwikad.com, Jan 2, 2015 IP
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    No worries on consuming large quantities...I could barely choke down a shot glass of it. :)

jrbiz, Jan 2, 2015 IP
    Content Maestro and qwikad.com like this.
  7. Page3

Page3 Member

Best Answers:
    I ate frog legs when I was in France. At the time, I was real young and my French wasn't so great. I went out with French friends and they ordered for me. It was pretty good, and when we were done, they asked do you know what you ate? I admitted that I didn't know. So they tried to tell me I had eaten frog legs but I didn't understand what it meant. Then they started to make frog noises, and then I realised what it was. It was hilarious.

Page3, Jan 2, 2015 IP
  8. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    there's some really strange food in the world. an example? Fried Massive Spiders. Want something else? Duck heads. While scorpions are becoming really common (also in many TV food shows).

9. vivaldi

vivaldi Member

Best Answers:
    Looking at your posts, nothing scares you off? :)
    Among the first things I do when I'm on a new place I'll eat their local specialties regardless of it is swordfish or insects.

vivaldi, Jan 3, 2015 IP
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I am the same in that regard. The weirder, the better...I want to try it. And, to date, there are only two things that I will not eat again: blood sausage and frog's legs. But I suspect there are more things out there, I just have not gotten to them yet. :)

jrbiz, Jan 3, 2015 IP
  11. vivaldi

vivaldi Member

Best Answers:
    What's wrong with frog legs? They look kinda yummy to me although I have yet to encounter them.

Also to add: I forgot the Swedish dish called Surströmming, It has one of the worst smells in the world of food. I have heard of even cats running away from that fish dish :)

vivaldi, Jan 3, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  12. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    My wife likes frog legs and used to enjoy eating them in one local buffet. I can't stand the sight of them. Never tried them, never will. One day I was eating sushi and my wife said in a sarcastic tone (sushi to her seems to be the epitome of everything un-tasty): "Mmmmm.... lovely sushi, I am sure it tastes delish!" I said: "Are you making fun of my yummy food you frog eating wife of mine??" We started laughing realizing that we both have something weird we enjoy eating from time to time. Although sushi is not among the weird types in my book. Does liking & enjoying sushi seem weird to you?

qwikad.com, Jan 3, 2015 IP
    jrbiz and Content Maestro like this.
  13. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    See my post above about the "swampy" frog legs that I was served. I will admit that, as opposed to blood sausage, I would consider eating frog's legs again if the cook/server could convince me that either the harvesting or the preparation precludes a swampy taste.

By the way, I forgot to mention how much I liked eating pig's tails as a kid. My mom would buy a big bag of them and cook them up for us. They were a bit fatty but really good. :)

jrbiz, Jan 3, 2015 IP
  14. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I like sushi and I think that it has become a mainstream food here in the U.S. I have to admit that I do worry a bit when eating sushi that I could be sickened or poisoned by the raw fish, so that takes away from the enjoyment a little. I have the same mixed feelings when eating raw oysters, of course.

jrbiz, Jan 3, 2015 IP
  15. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    I thought you Bostonites can't survive without eating oysters and crabs, no?

jrbiz and Content Maestro like this.
  16. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Not sure but I guess it was Thursday's episode of 'Bizzare Foods with Andrew' where they showed two persons eating a rat and a squirrel. First they tore the bodies from the stomach, then removed the intestines and other adjacent parts, roasted the bodies in hot coal and ate them. The very sight of it produced a vile taste in my mouth. :eek: I bet many people who think certain foods are weird would feel the same weirdness to a much higher degree if they actually see how that food is cooked, especially that involves killing and cutting up of animals. It somehow reminds me what Paul McCartney said - “If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be a vegetarian.

Content Maestro, Jan 3, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  17. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    Eating squirrel wouldn't bother me at all... Eating rat, on the other hand, would prolly make me puke (unless I was totally starving).

No, I would be standing by one of those glass walls saying: Can I have that juicy tenderloin for my steak later?

18. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Not sure if you're joking, but have you ACTUALLY seen how an animal is slaughtered?

Content Maestro, Jan 3, 2015 IP
  19. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, but I like them cooked. Oysters Rockefeller is one of my favorite dishes, in fact. I am less enamored with crab legs because they are too much work for too little meat. Lobster is better, in that regard.

jrbiz, Jan 3, 2015 IP
  20. vivaldi

vivaldi Member

Best Answers:
    You make a valid point with this. People eat almost anything putted on their plates as children hence the cannibals. The problem is what you don't eat but hey doesn't it make it all more fun ;)

vivaldi, Jan 3, 2015 IP