1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Weird Sales Fluctuations

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by bl4ckmaN^, Nov 2, 2008.

1. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I understand what you are saying, but do you think sales can be affected THAT MUCH just because of certain events? (elections, holidays, etc)

I mean, it would be normal to get few blank days or a big drop in sales during those periods, but for some people (including me) it has been like that for long time....Like a week or more, after getting stable daily sales..

bl4ckmaN^, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  2. seregap

seregap Active Member

Best Answers:
    of course they can. it's common sense that when people are distracted from being online by whatever it is you are getting less traffic = less sales. most people forget that they are not only competing against other websites online, but there's also indirect competition or 'substitutes' as they call it in offline marketing. you may not think about it but, for example, a new blockbuster that comes out is a competitor for you if you are promoting movie downloads, as some of your traffic will be going to the cinema. so a huge drop in traffic for a day or two may have a genuine reason behind it, even though you might think that it should increase your traffic by people searching for this movie downloads. it will, but later. does that make sense? so, most short-term fluctuations usually have genuine reasons behind them.

but it doesn't explain how some people can go form 100s to 0 overnight and stay at 0 for weeks while maintaining SAME amount of TARGETED traffic, which most people report here.

seregap, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  3. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:

Yes thats it, its normal that traffic gets less when certain events happen, and its also kind of normal that sales decrease when certain events happen.

BUT its not normal to have a product that convers at 30hops (And you sold hundreds of products at this rate) and then it gets to 1000hops per sale for just 2 weeks - and then its back to the 30hops again!

While we can "close an eye" for such events, it happen way too often lately - then you add some emails from customers complaining that cannot buy with their "perfectly valid" credit cards and you got where the damn problem is.

The payment processor of clickbank screw sometimes. It is commonly known that their payment processor rejects a lot of perfectly valid transactions - sometimes it rejects all transaction for a period of times as a security measure.

web_18designer, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  4. bl4ckmaN^

Best Answers:
    That's exactly what I'm talking about....And I'm one of those people who went to 0 overnight....

5. kinitex

kinitex Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Tell us what you were selling, show us your pages, and maybe we can help find the answer.

kinitex, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  6. bl4ckmaN^

Best Answers:
    Everything has remained the same during the "strange period"......So basically same product, same landing page, same traffic.....but 0 conversions....

I'm sure it has nothing to do with my stuff.

7. kinitex

Best Answers:
    It happens. I had a landing page converting great for a month, then all of a sudden sales dropped almost to nothing. I looked at my analytics, tweaked it, and got it converting again. Try a completely new landing page and content.

kinitex, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  8. kikker

kikker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Girrrrrrrrrrrr same here

Attached Files:

kikker, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  9. kinitex

Best Answers:
    My sales look very similar. It's remembrance day remember :p

kinitex, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  10. mill123

mill123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    last two days now have been a tad horrible.

mill123, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  11. Chawman

Chawman Peon

Best Answers:
    The economy right now has really cut sales across the board.

I think things will turn around pretty quickly though.

I really believe that 2009 is going to be a record-setting year for online sales.

Keep the faith! ;)

Regards,

Tony

Chawman, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  12. bl4ckmaN^

Best Answers:
    Is it PPC or organic traffic?

bl4ckmaN^, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  13. kikker

kikker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PPC sending %50 more traffic last 3 days
    Fri Nov 14 $130.52
    Thu Nov 13 $582.69
    Wed Nov 12 $590.49
    Tue Nov 11 $584.21
    Mon Nov 10 $946.36
    Sun Nov 09 $1,018.44
    Sat Nov 08 $1,347.64
    Fri Nov 07 $1,139.35

kikker, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  14. bl4ckmaN^

Best Answers:
    Doing PPC when Clickbank's having problems is just madness.....I hope you haven't lost much.

bl4ckmaN^, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  15. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    How does clickbank hide the income made from stealing affiliates' income? I mean for every $1k clickbank earns, it should give away atleast $10k. Am i right? doesnt it fear that someone will analyse its earnings and come to know its cheating?

jacky8, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  16. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was making few sales a day for many days at clickbank. But there isnt a single sale for the past 3 days. My tracking system doesnt conform that and i am getting a little more traffic actually.
    Guys, Regnow is a clickbank like network dealing in digital goods and it has tons of products. Think of it when you launch a product next time. We all know about paydotcom.
    The clickbank owner may have sent tens of millions of dollars of money "stolen" from you into his account at a tax haven like the Isle of MaN or cayman.

jacky8, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  17. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It gives it all to fronts like other fairy tales such as the Easter Bunny Leprechauns Santa Claus Little Bo Peep Alice in Wonderland...

Where did you come up with make 1k, give away 10K??? Sounds like a formula for bankruptcy....:eek:

Where did you come up with Clickbank steals??? Wouldn't their accounts shy away from such practices?

What does the bank tell the IRS?? Ohh Clickbank doesn't earn any money so don't mind them.....

These are tough economic times all over ....its not just people selling Clickbank products having a slow down....Guaranteed!!!!

Wrong products at the wrong time typically = no sales....

Sem-Advance, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  18. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You didnt understand. Was there a lot of smoke while reading the post? are you smoking a lot of packs while refreshing your clickbank page?
    Regarding this, I mean for a $50 sale, the affiliate gets around $34 (for 75% commission) and the publisher gets most of the rest.
    Thats why clickbank gives away atleast 10 times of what it earns. Understood now?

jacky8, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  19. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No smoke here.....I thought you were speaking of Clickbanks revenues being given away.

Clickbank revenues are whats left after all affiliates and expenses are paid so giving away 10k for every 1k of revenue is not going to work lol...

But I seriously think the issue is not limited to just clickbank...sales are down all over...

take a walk in a shopping area and check out all the sales....seen nothing like it before this close to the holidays

Sem-Advance, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  20. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    Another way to think about it is that clickbank gets 10k for every 1k of sales - because of tracking problems, payment processor problems, downtime, negligence, etc ...

web_18designer, Nov 16, 2008 IP