1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Weird Sales Fluctuations

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by bl4ckmaN^, Nov 2, 2008.

1. jsawvel

jsawvel Peon

Best Answers:
    I am posting to some earlier threads about how the elections/economic melt-down may be affecting CB sales.

I am new to the affiliate thing. A couple weeks ago I started selling an affiliate product directly from PPC to the affiliate page. I was doubling my investment.

Well, I figured I was limiting myself or not really "gaining experience" in the actual selling process. So, about a week ago, I made a landing page to try to do some "preselling" to hopefully increase my conversion rate and my experience with "preselling."

Well, I haven't had any sales in the last week and I have had tons of traffic go to my landing page. I am even tracking the traffic and 50 to 80% is proceeding on to the affiliate page. So, I know the traffic is getting to the affiliate page, but I haven't seen any sales in the last week, whereas, I was seeing about a sale every day and spending less money on PPC.

I was thinking, maybe my landing page does a good job selling or atleast provoking interest, but when the person gets to the actual affiliate page, maybe its not what they were expecting.

I also had the idea that maybe my links where being hijacked, but in the last couple of days, I cloaked all my links, so that is not a problem.

Apparently, there is a way someone can steal your sale by creating a similar account to yours or something, but I checked the actual payment page and my affiliate name is at the bottom.

I probably haven't picked the greatest time in history to start this experiment, but I figure people are always buying something. You can't really call the current situation a meltdown. I mean, people are producing more and consuming more than ever in history.

I could go back to linking directly to the affiliate page and see if I start getting sales again, then I will know if it is probably my landing page that is throwing people off.

Anyway, I would be interested in any thoughts.:)

jsawvel, Nov 8, 2008 IP
  2. z80039

z80039 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As for me, I was getting 1-2 sales everyday for a niche that was converting very well for me. But since November 1. I had no sales :( I even changed the product to a similar one and still no conversions. 300 clicks a day and no conversions, this is really weird.

z80039, Nov 8, 2008 IP
  3. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I get less clicks (hops), but I also went from daily sales to nothing....Actually, I faced this problem a bit earlier. It was late October.

bl4ckmaN^, Nov 8, 2008 IP
  4. mill123

mill123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    ive had a great day today!

mill123, Nov 8, 2008 IP
  5. ayork2413

ayork2413 Peon

Best Answers:
    no sales for 8 days now...i used to get a sale atleast every other day

ayork2413, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  6. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    Guess What? Anyone had a halt in sales today? Something looks weird, a complete stop in sales for 5 different products and for over 7 hours now (So Far)!

web_18designer, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  7. emon878

emon878 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually exact opposite, 30 hops 3 sales for one product. Today

emon878, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  8. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    Um,,,,during which period of the day you got those 3 sales?

I'm talking about no sales during a 7 hour period in which would have averaged about 50 sales....

(Lot of them are Affiliate Sales)

web_18designer, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  9. Ryodan

Ryodan Peon

Best Answers:
    I usually get at least a sale or two in one day but ever since Nov 6 there were no sales on my end.

Ryodan, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  10. Patchkaa

Patchkaa Peon

Best Answers:
    This xmas is going to be interesting for affiliates and pub. I hope for everyones sake things do get better over the next few weeks.

Patchkaa, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  11. DPwebtec123

DPwebtec123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sending a ton of traffic through my affiliate link and going to monitor how many times the tid is counted as apposed to actual traffic delivered to the same hoplink.

at the moment out of 30 or so delivered visits to the hoplink, only 3 tid showing for it. on that basis although too early to tell, your Tids only record about 10% of your actual hoplink visits!. also 30mins to 1hr for clickbank to update stats!!

tells you servers are being pushed there end !!

DPwebtec123, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  12. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    During christmas time sales normally are much less - if you dont have a christmas related product or something.

People dont stay online that much(Especially during the holidays) and most of them buy physical products as presents/ go on vacation - which mean much less money to spend on digital downloads...

If we got slow sales in the current weeks, I don't want to imagine what will happen next month!:confused:

web_18designer, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  13. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Fluctuations are always happening, especially if the affiliate goes on promoting the same 2 - 3 products for a long time.. as for the stats above there are affiliates making that kind of money it all depends on how much you are willing to spend :D

evelinawilliams007, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  14. bl4ckmaN^

Best Answers:
    Of course, sales do fluctuate, but you can't go from daily sales to zero for a whole week. That's NOT NORMAL fluctuation.

bl4ckmaN^, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  15. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Care to explain why companies find it necessary then to file bankruptcy proceedings?

Sales most certainly can, have, and do dry up.....both offline and online. Just because a business is internet based does not mean it is recession proof.

Its a needs vs wants time in our economy, and if you are trying to sell wants, you may need (weird right?) to switch to selling needs.....

Nuff said....

Sem-Advance, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  16. bl4ckmaN^

Best Answers:
    Good point. So you want to say it has nothing to do with Clickbank and the problem is in the market/product?

17. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    No no just don't think Clickbank is the sole issue in this because there have been issues with CB for years.

To be honest for the amount they claim to make I am a bit concerned as to why the back end is so 1990s compared to what everyone else is doing and as such I would have to agree there is probably issues on CB end that could be better managed.

One thing I failed to see in all of the pages of this thread, is a nod to the fact there could be new competitors cannibalizing sales.....

I killed it with 3redlightfix for a while and then suddenly it tanked.....had to think someone else was running the same campaign and outbidding me on my keywords...

I am wondering if the spying tools are such a good thing after all....

:confused:

18. bl4ckmaN^

Best Answers:
    Yeah, but with Adwords is a completely different story....There you can get to zero in sales easily...Someone outranks you, or your bids go up, etc

However, here we are talking about free traffic, which has remained the same, while sales disappeared.

19. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    No actually you see you're missing the business aspect. This is way beyond whether traffic comes in organically or paid ads.

Think of mall near you...people (aka traffic) to the mall (website) is driven in many ways...by the stores marketing efforts, by the malls marketing efforts, ads are placed by both in newspapers, magazines, billboards, bus stops, radio & tv, word of mouth, pay per click ads, and organic results. etc.

The people ( aka traffic) arrives to the mall (website) via cars buses foot bike cabs even trains and links...

During the holidays the malls (websites) are filled with shoppers (traffic) who have arrived via the methods above. Whether one is delivered via a newspaper ad or a radio or link, whether they come by bus or by foot or link, if both are spending, then the delivery method is not the issue.

As such when sales dry up in January after the holiday again, it has nothing to do with how the people got to the purchase point, but rather, why the people are not buying....

So ultimately the question seems to be

Wheres the sales?

:eek:

20. seregap

seregap Active Member

Best Answers:
    so why then people keep going to the 'mall' in same numbers, via same 'methods' (search terms like buy xxx, xxx review, etc) if they dont intend to buy at the moment??

seregap, Nov 11, 2008 IP