1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Weird Sales Fluctuations

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by bl4ckmaN^, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Spliffic

Spliffic Peon

Best Answers:
    I love how people will say that if you have 1327 hops with zero sales, it MUST be CB's fault. I could buy 20,000 untargeted visitors and send them all to the offer and get zero conversions as well.

Depends how targeted your traffic is. Quantity means nothing, quality does.

Spliffic, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  2. ayork2413

ayork2413 Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it possible this is because people are saving the link to the site and going back later? Doesn't CB use cookies? Are these cookies erased when the pc is restarted?

I am having the same fluctuation problem.

There is so many things that it can be..I want to blame it on CB, but my intuition tells me that a major company like that would not risk it's neck by becoming involved in money laundering..

ayork2413, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  3. Patchkaa

Patchkaa Peon

Best Answers:
    No I don't think clickbank are inot that sort of practice and it would be silly of them to do that.

Patchkaa, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  4. Spliffic

Spliffic Peon

Best Answers:
    Cookie's aren't erased from one's computer unless they expire or they are manually deleted by the user.

Spliffic, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  5. DPwebtec123

DPwebtec123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well I've noticed for some time that cookies are not surviving past the current web browser session when the user clicked on the hoplink, how?

well because of the lack of revisits to my site, and no recurring tid's , only seeing new visits - tid's are not increasing in volume due to people comming back later !:(

DPwebtec123, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  6. ayork2413

ayork2413 Peon

Best Answers:
    i dont understand, how would lack of returning visits have anything to do with cookie expiration?

ayork2413, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  7. DPwebtec123

Best Answers:
    depends if the tid only registers the first time somebody clicks your hoplink?, if the user revisits the site, they bookmark the site not the hoplink,

tid's not saved in the cookie?, i don't know

DPwebtec123, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  8. freelikehell

freelikehell Active Member

Best Answers:
    I must say that you have stolen my words.
    The exact same thing happened with me just a few days ago.. I was regularly going on a sale or two a day, and suddenly no sales for a week. just yesterday, I had a few sales to break the curse

freelikehell, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  9. loktakwah

loktakwah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not saying clickbank is stealing or not. I'm well aware of how unbelievable variance can be.

I do want to say though, that you should always question sites like this. Never trust them just because everyone else does. Don't say "Why would a multi-million dollar company risk their entire business on skimming a few sales here and there?"

Let me give you an example.

I play a lot of poker. Every now and then I'd hear some wacko-nutjob complaining that online poker is rigged because they had their pocket aces sucked out on for a $20 pot. I knew they were ridiculous because no site would risk their reputation on that.

Then this happened... Look at Ultimatebet/Absolute Poker. They are in the top 4 online poker sites. They have a huge reputation and are making millions.

http://www.onlinepokercamera.com/ab...mate-bet-cheating-scandal-by-cornell-fiji.pdf

Some of the higher-ups in the business were caught cheating. Obviously the idiots screaming about online poker being rigged were right, even though it had nothing to do with the evidence they were showing.

Anyway, I just wanted to bring this up to let people know that it IS possible and it's always good to question things like this.

loktakwah, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  10. www.infoebookstore.co.uk

www.infoebookstore.co.uk Peon

Best Answers:
    This tid thing is interesting, i made a lot more money before I started using tids on all my links.

Does anyone know exactly how the cookies and tids work?

11. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol, please don't tell me that TID is the problem.....I got that sh!t on all my links :D

bl4ckmaN^, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  12. UltimateFreebies

UltimateFreebies Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm....Interesting...

I might take TID's out on a few of my websites. Only will take about 5 minutes of my time, so why not? If conversions increase, then I'll know why I've had lack of sales.

UltimateFreebies, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  13. hamidap

hamidap Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I'd be surprised if TID's were the problem - I'm having serious problems with Clickbank and I don't use TIDs at all.

hamidap, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  14. UltimateFreebies

UltimateFreebies Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea, but honestly, to me, I don't need TID's too much, as I'm not promoting 20+ products. I generally have tons of sites that feed off of each other, but all eventually lead back to my lander, which has the TID's on it.

Taking them off isn't much work, and I can look in the stats by "Publisher" rather than by "Tracking Code" and still get the same result.

Within the time I've made that last post, I've removed TID's on my sites and uploaded the new html pages already. Since all my links are cloaked, it was a simple and quick process.

I guess we'll see what happens over the weekend.

UltimateFreebies, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  15. www.infoebookstore.co.uk

Best Answers:
    interested to know how you get on with that.

16. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Only problem with this thinking is that the TID has nothing to do with how sales are tracked.

It only tracks things for the affiliate so that we can try to find how things work properly.

Sales are determined by the affiliate ID

Sem-Advance, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  17. eikliw

eikliw Active Member

Best Answers:
    well something was weird today, at least for me. I made 0 sales, but secondly and most importantly, I got an email from a potential customer stating he couldn't by the product! That makes the 4th email this week...

So something, whether it's in our chain(from search to page to sale) or clickbanks, somewhere something is getting screwed up.

eikliw, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  18. www.infoebookstore.co.uk

Best Answers:
    Forward the emails to Clickbank and see if they respond.

As for the tid issue. When you check the the bottom of the payment page it is always listed as "affiliate=affID.TID"

19. DPwebtec123

Best Answers:
    well, having only 3 sales in the last 3 months, and I know that my site is holding visitors for random periods of time upto 1 hour, and visiting my hoplinks!,

Think I'm going to draw the traffic away from clickbank and on to adsense, (make sense)?

DPwebtec123, Nov 8, 2008 IP
  20. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure you come back here with the results, because I'm really curious about this....

I've always seen "gurus" not using TID's and was wondering why....

Maybe they know about such problems, lol

bl4ckmaN^, Nov 8, 2008 IP