1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Weird Sales Fluctuations

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by bl4ckmaN^, Nov 2, 2008.

1. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Using PPC with Clickbank is just madness. You are paying money for expensive clicks in hope to get targeted traffic, and when you get it, they can't pay, because Clickbank is "not having problems".

bl4ckmaN^, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  2. Dlocks

Dlocks Peon

Best Answers:
    I just paused all my campaigns. Better safe then then sorry.

Makes me think, always when I have the feeling something is going wrong I see nine out of ten times a huge fluctuation in my sales the next day. But I almost never pause my campaigns. I guess I should do this more often.

I make good money with PPC but on days like yesterday and perhaps also today from noon till whatever I'm losing money.

Dlocks, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  3. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Peon

Best Answers:
    Apparently the refund side of things are functioning fine at CB, I have had two of those.

I agree lets make are own CB that works correctly! Sick of all these wild fluctuations and loosing tons of ppc cash. There is just too much broken at CB.

SoCalDude, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  4. CARNANO

CARNANO Member

Best Answers:
    If anyone wants to organize I have about 10,000 I'm willing to invest in such a thing?? It's about time Clickbank has a strong competitor!

CARNANO, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  5. DPwebtec123

DPwebtec123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've even had people contact me about the buy now link at the bottom of the landing page, they click on it and it goes nowhere!! so just confirms that payment page is not working all the time. :mad:

DPwebtec123, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  6. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    That would be good. But at this stage its more like we would need some experienced developers that can contribute to such a project & maybe a lawyer that can verify what such a system involves in legal terms - since we would be accepting the payments directly and this involve legal stuff.

I personally have been working with payment gateways for years - Development of the payment gateway that connects directly to the bank itself and not just integrating a site to accept payment.

Apart from this i have been working on various other projects that are far much complicated than clickbank's system. But still I never developed an affiliate tracking system, maybe someone have some more insight on the technical side of it?

And before anything else, we would need enough publishers that are willing to move to this new system - im sure its not an easy task:rolleyes:

web_18designer, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  7. arnold

arnold Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sales are somewhat better for past 3 days, I'm getting atleast 4-5 sales. I mailed to clickbank and got reply that there are no problems in their tracking.

arnold, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  8. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:

Its a great idea!
    Better talk to some leading publishers here. Get around 10 "good" products to start with at the new "clickbank" you are going to start.
    There are already a lot of affiliate tracking softwares available which you can utilize. There is not need to develop one from scratch.
    Just make a platform like clickbank. It should be easy for affiliates and publishers to sign up and get approved. Good luck..

jacky8, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  9. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the support!

Its better that the affiliate tracking is developed "in house" so that it can be updated whenever required and do not have to depend on third parties.

I still have to do the proper research about the matter but affiliate tracking is a simple process based on cookies and when they are disabled it is based on ips for a better degree of accuracy. Apart from that I dont think that thers any other way.

The payment gateway is the only part that will be using a third party system but it must be totally invisible to the users, we need to have total control on this as well trough some api. Anyone have a good payment processor in mind that offer such service and does not charge too much per transaction?

10. Melvinng

Melvinng Peon

Best Answers:
    I am willing to be part of this. I can put in some money as well, and I have a team of 10 programmers if anyone would like to start this?

Melvinng, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  11. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Peon

Best Answers:
    I think in Infusion has a good Payment Processor back end but it might be pricey.

SoCalDude, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  12. bl4ckmaN^

Best Answers:
    Guys making an affiliate network is not like making a new landing page or a new product, lol

There are hundreds, or even thousands of people involved, and for such ideas you need a group of knowledgeable people, who at least has some kind of general plan, not like "yeah, let's make a new Clickbank"....

bl4ckmaN^, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  13. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi buddy, not to contradict you but it looks like you little experience in system development. Its far different from creating a product.

Its not kind of the more people that work on it the better, in fact most big/serious companies assign their projects to very small teams of developers, usually in the range of just 2-5. Sometimes even a single developer - the fact is that in programming, the less people involved in the actualy project development the better the results.

So to develope a system similar to clickbank's does not require too much people, just the right people. But then when it comes to maintaining it is another story - clickbank itself employs only approximately 45 people to date.

But again, you cant expect that if you dvelope a system it will be automatically the size of clickbank's, far from it - so to maintain it will not take too much time at first, then gradually when it gets popular we can add more people.

But enough boring talking, take a look at oscommerce for example, its a huge project and only few people were involved at first - the list of huge projects developed by a bunch of people can go to no end....

Regarding the knowledgeable people required, you can never know who you can find on these forums;) - not everyone is a 16 year old kid in here...

We are so many people, if only we can focus some of our skills (or support) on something we can easily achieve it:)

14. Patchkaa

Patchkaa Peon

Best Answers:
    Pretty good day for me so far with the sales, tried some new products out and they are already starting to sell
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Patchkaa, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  15. bl4ckmaN^

Best Answers:
    Well, you are right, I'm not a "big" person in this area, and have no idea how people manage to create such networks, but all I wanted to say is that you definitely need a serious group of people, who are REALLY dedicated to doing it.

bl4ckmaN^, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  16. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice stats dude........no wonder you've taken off overseas for a break!

terryd, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  17. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I think that trying to make "a new clickbank" is like pissing into the wind, not practical.

I think the sentiments are good but there have been many others that have tried and failed miserably before.

PDC was supposed to be the "better than clickbank" and the reality is that it doesn't come even close and that's with Filsame and all his money and resources.

That being said web_18designer's you sound like you have quite a bit of experience in this field and the knowledge and practicality to do it so if you ever do I wish you luck.

terryd, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  18. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its great to see you guys about to make a new age Clickbank. Such companies (clickbank) should not see the light of the day in 2009.

I am promoting one of those illegal console game download sites and its been around 7 days i havnt got a single sale. Before that i was getting on an average 1.5 in 1 day. I am getting more hops and spending more on traffic. Is anyone having a problem like that?

jacky8, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  19. Patchkaa

Patchkaa Peon

Best Answers:
    lol a new clickbank??? good luck dudes!! Abit drastic me thinks but good luck to you all!!

Patchkaa, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  20. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have got to be joking.....new age clickbank .........please.......you make it sound like you can snap your fingers and it will be there.......hardly the case.

It's probably well beyond the realms of people on this forum although in saying that web_designer seems pretty on to it.

terryd, Nov 27, 2008 IP