1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Weird .htaccess issue

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Vcize, Jan 28, 2011.

I was attempting to set up a simple 301 redirect from www.iakow.com to www.inallkindsofweather.com

I created an .htaccess file with the below code, and uploaded it to iakow.com

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^iakow.com
    RewriteRule (.*) http://www.inallkindsofweather.com/$1 [R=301,L] 
    Code (markup):
    Now, here's the really weird part. When I uploaded it via filezilla from my home computer, everything went fine. When I go to iakow.com from that computer, it redirects me to inallkindsofweather.com as it should.

However, if I go to iakow.com from another computer, it does not. In fact, when I look with filezilla on that other computer, there is no .htaccess file uploaded to iakow.com. Even weirder, when I do upload it from that computer, it gets immediately deleted as soon as it uploads.

What the heck is going on here

Vcize, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  2. infoman66

infoman66 Peon

Best Answers:
    I do not know what could be causing this.
    Unless, .htaccess is a hidden file and you can not see it until you turn on the option show hidden files in the Filezila.
    Another matter concerns the second computer.
    Maybe it was the internet browser options turned off to look for the latest version of the page during each visit (to see the old page from the browser cash.)
    Thet is the only thing I can think.

infoman66, Jan 29, 2011 IP