1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Weight and PR

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by Black, Nov 27, 2004.

Hi,
    I'm a new member of the COOP network.
    Actually I've joined with a very small website (1500 visits/day, 6000 pagesview/day) to test how it works.
    I've several other websites with a total of 500.000 pagesview/day

I've some questions I've not found an answser in this forum
    1) I've understood that the weight is calculated using the PR and google backlinks as factors (plus others like number of outlinks, advertisement...)
    As everyone knows the google PR and backlinks are not very accurate at the moment. The backlinks are only a small sample and the PR is not often refreshed (I've some PR8 websites without the cache on homepage, or with a cache of months ago).
    How does this affect the calculation of the weight? Does your software consider Yahoo and MSN backlinks too?

2) Initially I put 1 link on my site and had a Weight of 504, after I've put 5 links and got a weight of 1512; why the weight didn't became 5 times more, but "only" 3 times more?

My actual weight is 1512, it seems a low weight. I've 480 BL in Yahoo, 74 on MSN and 53 in Google and I'm third for a low competitive terms in Italy (6000 results for allintitle:keywords)
    SEMrush
    3) how much time have I to wait to see some improvement?

4) I've to create a different account for each of my sites? and the bind them together using "Consolidation", right? The weight I'll see is the sum of all the weights? Will I be able to see all the advertisement of all the accounts in just one?

5) Considering a weigth of 1512 what can I deduct from this number? I've read that with a W of 7000 I can acquire 200 new backlinks; so 1512 is about 43 new backlinks? Does this mean that my links will go on other 43 websites? or something else?

Sorry but in the faq there aren't many answers and reading all the posts in the forum keep a lot of times.

When I'll be sure how this system works I'll offer to the network many of my pr6 and 7 websites.

Thanks for the explanation and sorry for the many questions!

Black, Nov 27, 2004 IP
    SEMrush
  2. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    1) as far as I know only google is used (because google has an api)

2) weight's intentionally like that. you're not SUPPOSED to get 5x as much weight- it's a little bit less each time.

3) depends on which search engine... the ad network ads will start displaying within a day, rest's up to the SE's

4) yes, that's what consolidation's for. you can run up to 10 ads per account. if you need to run more than 10 just don't transfer your weight over to the master account

5) there isn't really any way to tell apart from trying it, sadly. there are a ton of factors that would determine if a search engine decides to display your ad as a backlink, and how many times. set it up and wait and see...

and just a note, by far the most important factor in the network is how many pages the ads are displayed on

disgust, Nov 27, 2004 IP
  3. Black

Black Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, thanks for your prompt answser

You said: "by far the most important factor in the network is how many pages the ads are displayed on"
    Is there a correlation between number of pages views and weight too? or everything depens from only the number of pages you put the ads on?

Thanks!

Black, Nov 27, 2004 IP
  4. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    page views aren't taken into account. the number of pages isn't the ONLY factor, but it's a big one...

disgust, Nov 27, 2004 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    In the end, you will get roughly the same number of links that you give.

digitalpoint, Nov 27, 2004 IP
  6. Black

Black Peon

Best Answers:
    my guess is the relation between the number of links and the quality of the same. has each page a weigth? it seems not.
    If put your code on 10.000 pages with tons of links IMO it's not a big advantage for the network. Perhaps are better 100 pages with few links, not?
    What is the relationship?

Black, Nov 27, 2004 IP
  7. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well, if you are after PageRank, then it would matter, but the ad network is not about gaining PageRank.

digitalpoint, Nov 27, 2004 IP